January Window Gossip/Rumours

I don’t understand this belief he will go? He on a season long loan, break clause or no break clause. He’s come from the other side of the uk so, he must have been happy with the decision. He seems happy and has a good friendship with Lang. Just can’t see the point of an upheaval, it’s really not in anyone’s  interest, for him to not see out till the end of the season! If they want him to go uo a division fair enough but surely that would be next season.

14 minutes ago, peanuts said:

if only it was that easy 

Very true, Giles Coke who was hobbling around at Curzon in pre season with an obvious leg injury must of thought all his Christmas's had come at once when we somehow offered him a two year deal - does he even have any interest in being a footballer because he's not shown it whist he's been with us.

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If the scout from Preston was in attendance on Saturday he'd of been more impressed with Stockley than any of our players and I include Surridge in that.

Stockley is being monitored by Brentford. If they lose Maupay in January then they are likely to go for him as a replacement.

Brentford has a very good recruitment policy which concentrates on having replacements lined up should they lose current players. Succession planning they call it 😀

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Stockley is being monitored by Brentford. If they lose Maupay in January then they are likely to go for him as a replacement.

Brentford has a very good recruitment policy which concentrates on having replacements lined up should they lose current players. Succession planning they call it 😀

Or ‘having a decent squad’

Think four or five additions will see us with a good shout of the playoffs( depending on whether we get a decent manager) This really is a poor leagur and with no disrespect to us, after some of our performances its a miracle we are only five points off the play offs. 

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Very much hope so but in equal measures doubt it. 

Likewise. He's not catching at Sheff Utd though. Been on the bench once in 26 games, not played a minute. Could be a nice hint. There are pictures of him in a Sheff Utd shirt, and he chose not to post one of  them!

IIRC he did the same thing last Jan. before signing.

Edited by singe

54 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Kean Bryan’s partner (Sophie from Corrie) just posted a picture on IG saying she misses watching him play. Picture of him in an oldham kit. He then reposted saying soon. 

Potentially coming back ? 

Another one badly advised?  Has he actually played at all this season?

Heard that Surridge is headed to Pompey and that we have asked about loaning Kean Bryan. I do think Bryan will be back here come Jan. 

I can see a few teams coming in for Hunt. He hasn't set the world alight but tends to give a consistent performance and is only young. I know a few Championship sides where sniffing in summer. 

To someone mentioning the Preston scout at the Exeter game, I'm pretty sure they have bid for Stockley and have met his buyout clause as have a few championship sides. Not surprising really. 

Would be really surprised if some aren't looking at Edmundson too (again, no inside knowledge but my thinking). Up until recently we had barely conceded any away and he's what, 21/22 with I believe the 2nd most 'ball recoveries' in the league. Very comfortable on the ball and is always our 'ball playing centre half' when Iversen has it. Looked very good this season bar a few hiccups and a wobbly 20 minutes against Akinde for Lincoln. I think Sunderland where watching him last season.

Wonder if the #Frenchlads are catching the eyes of any...Maouche has been on fire lately but early days for him year, think teams will want to see a few more months of performances from him. 

Have seen us linked with the lad from Barnsley mentioned above as well as a striker from Blackburn...Think it was Joseph Nuttall 

Was going to stick this in the new manager thread as there's talk of it in there too but we really should have sorted out Lang's loan already. I hope we have been trying. Need to get him for the season. Can only think Wigan may be touting him out to other clubs who may pay his full wage if we aren't doing

5 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Was going to stick this in the new manager thread as there's talk of it in there too but we really should have sorted out Lang's loan already. I hope we have been trying. Need to get him for the season. Can only think Wigan may be touting him out to other clubs who may pay his full wage if we aren't doing

Fulham will be interesting without Lang, Lydon & Surridge.

17 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Heard that Surridge is headed to Pompey and that we have asked about loaning Kean Bryan. I do think Bryan will be back here come Jan. 

I can see a few teams coming in for Hunt. He hasn't set the world alight but tends to give a consistent performance and is only young. I know a few Championship sides where sniffing in summer. 

To someone mentioning the Preston scout at the Exeter game, I'm pretty sure they have bid for Stockley and have met his buyout clause as have a few championship sides. Not surprising really. 

Would be really surprised if some aren't looking at Edmundson too (again, no inside knowledge but my thinking). Up until recently we had barely conceded any away and he's what, 21/22 with I believe the 2nd most 'ball recoveries' in the league. Very comfortable on the ball and is always our 'ball playing centre half' when Iversen has it. Looked very good this season bar a few hiccups and a wobbly 20 minutes against Akinde for Lincoln. I think Sunderland where watching him last season.

Wonder if the #Frenchlads are catching the eyes of any...Maouche has been on fire lately but early days for him year, think teams will want to see a few more months of performances from him. 

Have seen us linked with the lad from Barnsley mentioned above as well as a striker from Blackburn...Think it was Joseph Nuttall 

Doesn't Dunn look after Blackburn's academy....and, if so, what are the chances of the lad getting sound advice about coming here?