January Window Gossip/Rumours

Hopefully not Paul Gladon.  A striker signed by Wolves when they were throwing money around and a lot of fans I know still question why £1 million was spent to acquire him.  

He’s struggled at Wolves and only played three games before returning back on loan to Heracles in the Dutch league where he’s struggled since.  Wolves have tried to loan him out to Championship teams and below with no interest.  Despite being over six foot, he’s lacking the physical presence.

Not for me

37 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Hopefully not Paul Gladon.  A striker signed by Wolves when they were throwing money around and a lot of fans I know still question why £1 million was spent to acquire him.  

He’s struggled at Wolves and only played three games before returning back on loan to Heracles in the Dutch league where he’s struggled since.  Wolves have tried to loan him out to Championship teams and below with no interest.  Despite being over six foot, he’s lacking the physical presence.

Not for me

Many rate him as Wolves worst ever signing, fit in well at BP with O’Grady who is also rated Brightons worst ever signing 😂

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Is he the bloke you recommended BP?

No, I recommended 2 teenage strikers, one we had a chance of pre season, but no way now...he's bound for the Championship. 

The other we might have a chance of depending on the new permanent manager

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Not for me

I was thinking of AL interest perhaps.

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

No, I recommended 2 teenage strikers, one we had a chance of pre season, but no way now...he's bound for the Championship. 

The other we might have a chance of depending on the new permanent manager

Who do I actually tell this info to?

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Agree but it might flush some others out. Sunderland were interested a couple of years ago but Corney didn't want to sell him.

Be interesting to see our selling stance under Abdallah. Just always depresses me when the likes of fucking Scunthorpe try and pillage us!

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Fair play to Darren Kelly for bringing him back after we had released him in 2015...

....I was under the impression that Philliskirk had a large say in that, after his release had been advice by Lee Johnson/Dean Holden?

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Fair play to Darren Kelly for bringing him back after we had released him in 2015...

Wasn’t there some issue with finances around that time. Dean Holden is arguably our worst managerial appointment this century.

It is typical short-termism from Corney though. Like selling Tarky’s sell on clause.