7 minutes ago, robboman said:

Was never going to be tonight...made up by the press! 

Why would you do it after a full day of fixtures that journo’s have gotta report on when you can do an official press conference and unveiling at the club on Monday and get the worlds media down! 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Due diligence is being put into operation as we speak. 

I'm not too fussed when they announce it but why let it out there is going to be an announcement if you're not going to stick to it. There will be plenty of families of four sat around their respective wirelesses feeling very disappointed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Keegan and his usual lies. Nothing will be announced today. It will be Sunday at the earliest but i would expect Monday. Scholes will definitely be in charge for tuesday night

Mike isn't the only person who mentioned this you know, BBC Manchester went with it too.

1 minute ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Keegan and his usual lies. Nothing will be announced today. It will be Sunday at the earliest but i would expect Monday. Scholes will definitely be in charge for tuesday night

I struggle to see where Mike Keegan has lied there, he stated that there was a change of plan from the club. 

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Was it? The silence is deafening from the club. Just seems like a lot of people have inside info from the club. 

Agree on silence. Personally doing it on Friday would have made sense as the news was always going to be leaked once the EFL made the decision. We should have got ahead of the press and done a Friday press conference!

10 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Agree on silence. Personally doing it on Friday would have made sense as the news was always going to be leaked once the EFL made the decision. We should have got ahead of the press and done a Friday press conference!

Perhaps the club still haven't got a clue how this is going to pan out. Once Scholes was given the all clear it should have been a straight forward "and we would like to introduce to you our new manager".  feels like the balls are still up in the air. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Was it? The silence is deafening from the club. Just seems like a lot of people have inside info from the club. 

Too much cloak and dagger speculation going on. I would rather believe the 'people taking bollocks' aspect..."I know someone who walks the dog of the cleaner at the club and an announcement is expected at 18:30 today". Did the club actually announce an announcement?

10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Perhaps the club still haven't got a clue how this is going to pan out. Once Scholes was given the all clear it should have been a straight forward "and we would like to introduce to you our new manager".  feels like the balls are still up in the air. 

Once he got the all clear he signed the contract. Everything has been in place it’s been waiting on the EFL green light. As soon as they got it, contract signed (Late thurs) hence why they should have done it Friday with a view to join taking over after Crawley. Then all the leaks that came out Friday wouldn’t have mattered. 

We we do like to do things the hard way that’s for sure....

7 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Johnson was appointed March 13, we beat Yeovil 0-1 in April 13. We lost 0-4 in December 14. 

If I recall didn’t Johnson junior try a 3-5-2 in that game when we had never played that in his tenure, absolute shit house for sure helping his  old man out 

41 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Too much cloak and dagger speculation going on. I would rather believe the 'people taking bollocks' aspect..."I know someone who walks the dog of the cleaner at the club and an announcement is expected at 18:30 today". Did the club actually announce an announcement?

Hellfire, there must be some decent wages paid at BP if the cleaner can afford a dog-walker!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brisbaneblue said:

If I recall didn’t Johnson junior try a 3-5-2 in that game when we had never played that in his tenure, absolute shit house for sure helping his  old man out 

Ok let’s say “he” wanted to throw it! Which in its self is madness! Young manger as ambitious as he is. He changes formation slightly, the players wouldn’t have thrown the towel in. Don’t buy it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Ok let’s say “he” wanted to throw it! Which in its self is madness! Young manger as ambitious as he is. He changes formation slightly, the players wouldn’t have thrown the towel in. Don’t buy it!

He may not have "thrown it" but he certainly didn't make it difficult, we had looked a decent side prior to that result there was no way they should have dicked us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, super_blue said:

Didn’t we just win 3-0 away frome home?

Can’t say things turned out too bad really.

5 hours ago, super_blue said:

Didn’t we just win 3-0 away frome home?

Can’t say things turned out too bad really.