5 hours ago, super_blue said:

Agree on silence. Personally doing it on Friday would have made sense as the news was always going to be leaked once the EFL made the decision. We should have got ahead of the press and done a Friday press conference!

Didn’t we just win 3-0 away frome home?

Can’t say things turned out too bad really.

44 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Pimp my thread...😂

9 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Keegan and his usual lies. Nothing will be announced today. It will be Sunday at the earliest but i would expect Monday. Scholes will definitely be in charge for tuesday night

Apparently the delay has been  caused by AL conducting a witch hunt to find the source of the leak , so that he can sack them (like he has done with half of the clubs employees)... 

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

Apparently the delay has been  caused by AL conducting a witch hunt to find the source of the leak , so that he can sack them (like he has done with half of the clubs employees)... 

You mean the leak to the worst kept secret in Managerial history?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

This thread isn’t talking about the result. We’re talking about the ‘so called’ new manager announcement the press said would be 6.30pm. 

Great result today yeh! 

3 hours ago, mad4it said:

Whoever the leak is, its not exactly Assange level. That being said, its probably advisable to find an Ecuadorian embassy somewhere and sit tight until the Swiss join in

7 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Should we start naming names those f*ckin' idiots  people who were adamant that Scholes wasn't coming.

Also, a big well done to AL for pursuing and making it happen!!!:applause1:(That alone will p-ss a few people off).

No way, lets all get along, I agree some on here love to negative but the OWTB revolution starts today!!!!

11 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Should we start naming names those f*ckin' idiots  people who were adamant that Scholes wasn't coming.

Also, a big well done to AL for pursuing and making it happen!!!:applause1:(That alone will p-ss a few people off).

Why would you want to do that? Just because some didn't agree with your take on the matter.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

😄

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He won't get any credit. This is a good thing.

No it's not.....we wanted Scholes, he got us Scholes so credit where it's due. We can openly criticize him on many things but praise has to be given in this circumstance.

Edited by mikejh45
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

This league has a lot of managers i've never heard of, good luck to them, but....oh lord, we've got Scholes!!!! Wow! I mean, wow! Recognised by all who know anything about football as one the greatest players of his generation. Of course he might be a Terry Henry (or Bobby Charlton, he was really shit as a manager), but as it stands it's a fantastic coup. I mean, LORD, WE'VE GOT SCHOLES!!!! Any club outside the top two divisions, and many in those divisions, would love to have such a respected former player. He's proud, passionate, no nonsense, blunt and loves the game and the club (Andy Cole said last week that when he was at United, Scholes "always loved Oldham.") 

BTW - Paul Ince, you can shove your opinions up your arse. You started at Macclesfield, i believe, but you have a pop at Oldham for being too small for Scholes. Your problem is you're a bit thick and a very selfish individual who doesn't understand what it's like to actually support a club. No loyalty ever in your entire career. No wonder West Ham fans hate you. You're an idiot. 

What a weird club this is. More addictive than crack.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

This league has a lot of managers i've never heard of, good luck to them, but....oh lord, we've got Scholes!!!! Wow! I mean, wow! Recognised by all who know anything about football as one the greatest players of his generation. Of course he might be a Terry Henry (or Bobby Charlton, he was really shit as a manager), but as it stands it's a fantastic coup. I mean, LORD, WE'VE GOT SCHOLES!!!! Any club outside the top two divisions, and many in those divisions, would love to have such a respected former player. He's proud, passionate, no nonsense, blunt and loves the game and the club (Andy Cole said last week that when he was at United, Scholes "always loved Oldham.") 

BTW - Paul Ince, you can shove your opinions up your arse. You started at Macclesfield, i believe, but you have a pop at Oldham for being too small for Scholes. Your problem is you're a bit thick and a very selfish individual who doesn't understand what it's like to actually support a club. No loyalty ever in your entire career. No wonder West Ham fans hate you. You're an idiot. 

What a weird club this is. More addictive than crack.

All very fair points and Ince has let himself down badly the last week on more than one occasion. Always had a chip on his shoulder and like you say has never had an affinity with anyone but himself.