1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

That’s what I’ve been thinking. Just doesn’t add up that he wasn’t asked to take temporary control but now all of a sudden we want him to be permanent. Can we expect a manager announcement anytime soon do you know ? 

I reckon we will have a new manager in for the Forest Green match...

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Clarke was handing out alot more bollockings more vocal than than usual and he was constantly running over to Wild to share opinions...He’s looking like he could be the one to take over, we are needing an experienced assistant alongside him if thats the case..

Wouldn't be surprised if Clarke was Wild's de facto assistant since Bunn was binned. 

Re the Costa thing- AL might have been seeking Clarke's view, as senior player, captain and PFA representative on possible contenders for the job. Sometimes the 'gossip' stops someone getting a job, no matter the industry. 

On 12/31/2018 at 5:25 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Wouldn't be that uncommon or even extraordinary to ask the most senior player at the club his thoughts on who or what the new manager should be and what the players perhaps need.

27 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Re the Costa thing- AL might have been seeking Clarke's view, as senior player, captain and PFA representative on possible contenders for the job. Sometimes the 'gossip' stops someone getting a job, no matter the industry. 

Where did you get that idea from :lol:

1 hour ago, cav said:

I heard the same thing today. Pete will be in charge Sunday and then back to the day job. No idea who the new guy will be.

I think he deserves the limelight of leading the team he supports out. At the end of the day, we are not guaranteed a win whoever the new manager may be. The players are in charge, once they are on the pitch. All any one can do is there best.

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No chance of taking it or no chance of being offered it?  I’m pleased either way. 

I'd imagine the former. Why would he stop playing when he's got a little while longer in him and take a job where he is likely to get sacked? He's not stupid.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

So not even Clarke wants to work for Abdallah & his brother as the manager.... going well this isn't it....?

What are you going on about? He already does! 

Where you there Saturday? Did you watch Clarke at all?

Edited by kowenicki

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

So not even Clarke wants to work for Abdallah & his brother as the manager.... going well this isn't it....?

When you say “even Clarke”... that is quite insulting to a player that clearly wants to just keep playing. 

You are obsessed pal. Very unhealthy. 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

My preference would be Grayson whose out of work, done a solid job at most the clubs he's been.

Hmmm. Has been really good in the past but his last two jobs were disastrous.  The Sunderland job was an impossible one at the time though.