9 minutes ago, singe said:

Scholes states he is going to use Utd contacts. As an aside, there are the teammates he has spent most time with. The 92 (Giggs and him played in 476 games together) is obvious so also

Keane  316 games

Ferdinand 293

Silvestre (#FrenchLad) 266

Solsksjaer 256

Brown 255

O' Shea 249

Rooney 242

Irwin 211

Cole 194

Ronaldo 184

Evra (Another #FrenchLad)  183

Van der Sar 175

Fletcher 171

Van Nistelrooy 165

Carrick  160
Schmeichal  150

So of those 20 or so, only Solskjaer& Keane is in any sort of managerial capacity. Solskjaer gave very positive comments, so he seems the main one that will help.

I'm not really expecting a host of United rookies but, it would not surprise me to see a few PL loan players in the summer...if Scholes is still at the club and we are not starting from scratch again. It's certainly going to be interesting and I am looking forward more to the game at the weekend, rather than tomorrow night. I don't think there will be much difference, if any, in the team selection tomorrow.

Edited by Wardie
Sausage fingered spelling error.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

I'm not really expecting a host of United rookies but, it would not surprise me to see a few PL loan players in the summer...if Scholes is still at the club and we are not starting from scratch again. It's certainly going to be interesting and I am looking forward more to the game at the weekend, rather than tomorrow night. I don't think there will be much difference, if any, in the team selection tomorrow.

There should be a bigger crowd on Saturday as United are not playing.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Do you mean the :clown: will still pick the team for tomorrow? 

Can't wait for Scholes to gave a go on Saturday then :chubb:

Edited by archiecat

23 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Do you mean the :clown: will still pick the team for tomorrow? 

Did good on Saturday...….what's your problem?

Apart from the tedious of that emoji.…..which was funny for a day, then it was boring for a long time but now it's passed even that.

You need to up your game!!!

Edited by mikejh45

We should also say that Pete Wild deserves a medal for his last few week.

League form was decent - won three, drawn one, lost 2 - with 10 points from 18 (MK performance deserved at lesast a point) and, of course, the memorable victory over Fulham.

He's at least kept us in the play-offs and improved the goal difference by 6 and landed us a few quid in the FA Cup.

Let's hope, with all the fanfare with Scholes, he isn't forgotten come the end of the season. Huge contribution.

16 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Did good on Saturday...….what's your problem?

Apart from the tedious of that emoji.…..which was funny for a day, then it was boring for a long time but now it's passed even that.

You need to up your game!!!

Wrong Michael.  

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

Did anyone listen to talk sport at 16:30,

Adrian Durham and Matt Holland.

Durham absolutely slated scholes and really put us down as a club.

Probably all for a reaction which he has got on Twitter.

My blood was boiling listening to him.

That's your own fault for listening to talk sport it's awful.

Just  thinking, normally if a manger does well he is poached. However Scholes really didn’t need to start here and not in it for the money. unlike most managers if a chance came for a club that pays more Or a little  further up the football pyramid, He may want to stay and finish the job he started. 

47 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

BBC Radio Manc featuring reaction to the appointment from 6:00pm.

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Keegan’s on....

says Scholes has confirmed it will be his team and his selections. 

Will I be able to listen to a rerun of this on my phone do we know ? Any linky please ? Cheers. 

32 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Just  thinking, normally if a manger does well he is poached. However Scholes really didn’t need to start here and not in it for the money. unlike most managers if a chance came for a club that pays more Or a little  further up the football pyramid, He may want to stay and finish the job he started. 

The only team he would leave latics for is United, IMO,

if that happens it means he’s done a magical job with us and we are way above league two

56 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

It's hardly a stretch to slate us as a club

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Talksport is utter, utter shite.  I can't believe anyone listens to the stuff after 1pm.  Middle aged blokes with a dinosaur attitude moaning about Tottenham and Chelsea for hours and hours on end.