When Scholes got the job I was much more optimistic about the future.  Not necessarily because of him as a coach/manager as that was an unknown, but because of his status and that I didn't think he'd take the job if the conditions weren't right.

What happens next is key - if we hire another desperado (an old timer desperate to get back into the game, or a newbie desperate for his first job) then that confirms we're in big trouble.

For me, if the owner is serious then he throws everything at Steve Evans to try and get him.  But I can't see how he has the funds for that type of manager or the team they'd expect at all.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

When Scholes got the job I was much more optimistic about the future.  Not necessarily because of him as a coach/manager as that was an unknown, but because of his status and that I didn't think he'd take the job if the conditions weren't right.

What happens next is key - if we hire another desperado (an old timer desperate to get back into the game, or a newbie desperate for his first job) then that confirms we're in big trouble.

For me, if the owner is serious then he throws everything at Steve Evans to try and get him.  But I can't see how he has the funds for that type of manager or the team they'd expect at all.

Absolutely no chance he’s going to push the boat out

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Priest would be a wage saved too and he is experienced enough, surely? It'll be him til the end of the season I reckon....

Statement says an update on the permanent replacement suggesting short term isn’t what we are looking at. Sounds to me like someone is lined up from that andif he left Wednesday might have started putting the word out asap

Edited by adamoafc

33 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Statement says an update on the permanent replacement suggesting short term isn’t what we are looking at. Sounds to me like someone is lined up from that andif he left Wednesday might have started putting the word out asap

He said the same after Andy Rhodes left in October. We can't read anything into what the clown says anymore he just makes it up as he goes along.

22 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Big AL in the same room as the scottish Raging hulk, now that would be a spectacle 

22 hours ago, al_bro said:

Can you imagine Steve Evans v AL. Evans would be going purple with rage at any interference.

I think he wouldn’t even last as long as Scholes. No self respecting manager would put up with interference from the owner or his brother. They must be absolute idiots if they really are interfering.

21 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It’s pointless, it may as well be Pete wild, he has no choice but to be a yes man

Of course he has……...his stock went up after Fulham. Anyway, someone on another thread says PW likes AL. How true that is, I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Of course he has……...his stock went up after Fulham. Anyway, someone on another thread says PW likes AL. How true that is, I have no idea.

It could be PW is used to things going wrong in the background at the club like bills not being paid and playing players he hasn't brought in or seen before with the youths.

These things probably won't niggle him as much as others.

• Like 1