35 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

Interesting comments here

On santini or any foreign coach for that matter, I'm currently reading a book "Soccernomics" by Kuper and Syzmanski for those of you interested in the running of football clubs and how the transfer market works its very interesting,

Their is a section here on Lyon and how they dominated ligue 1 between 2002-08 while consistently having to sell off their best players including Michael Essien, Florent Malouda, Eric Abidal and Hugo Lloris. 

The way they recruited players wasn't by the traditional way we do things in England whereby the Manager comes in and solely picks the players to sign it was more of a group think whereby a sporting director and scouts or data analysts picked up players. They didn't rely on the manager they had a Head Coach who would have a say on stuff like this but ultimately they weren't dependent on the manager so that if they left the recruitment wouldn't suffer. They also made sure that they concentrated on the undervalued players and had success without paying silly wages. They also made sure that all the foreign players had an interpreter/ liason officer who would help them settle into the city.

If Lemsagam wants to put a plan in place like this then I'm right behind it, and if he was to execute it even on a smaller scale he would be heralded as a freakin genius by all of us.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

On santini or any foreign coach for that matter, I'm currently reading a book "Soccernomics" by Kuper and Syzmanski for those of you interested in the running of football clubs and how the transfer market works its very interesting,

Their is a section here on Lyon and how they dominated ligue 1 between 2002-08 while consistently having to sell off their best players including Michael Essien, Florent Malouda, Eric Abidal and Hugo Lloris. 

The way they recruited players wasn't by the traditional way we do things in England whereby the Manager comes in and solely picks the players to sign it was more of a group think whereby a sporting director and scouts or data analysts picked up players. They didn't rely on the manager they had a Head Coach who would have a say on stuff like this but ultimately they weren't dependent on the manager so that if they left the recruitment wouldn't suffer. They also made sure that they concentrated on the undervalued players and had success without paying silly wages. They also made sure that all the foreign players had an interpreter/ liason officer who would help them settle into the city.

If Lemsagam wants to put a plan in place like this then I'm right behind it, and if he was to execute it even on a smaller scale he would be heralded as a freakin genius by all of us.

This  is exactly what Pete Wild is required to do now, he's no input into signing any of the current players just gets them motivated to play.

You could be right, a head coach may be what AL is looking for. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

That would be a disaster of an appointment hated by both Coventry and Fleetwood fans and as dull as dishwater.

Because he is dull as dishwater. Dour. 

Amazing how your standards/requirements can drop after a while of being ignored isn’t it...

Https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39721655

9 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Sky bet currently:

Peter Clarke
4/6
Steven Pressley
3/1
John Askey
9/1
Darren Ferguson
12/1
Jacques Santini
12/1
Owen Coyle
14/1
Pete Wild
14/1
Paul Scholes
16/1
Gary Bowyer
20/1
John Sheridan
20/1
Kevin Nolan
20/1

Some dodgy names in there and other than Scholes or Bowyer I'd leave the Wild one in charge.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

Call me rude names, but I wouldn't be too averse to Ferguson out of that lot. He's as batty as a box of frogs, but his record ain't that bad.

OK, shoot me now.

I was thinking the same thing. Relationship with Lemsamgam would be interesting if nothing else. And AL might love the family connection 

13 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Call me rude names, but I wouldn't be too averse to Ferguson out of that lot. He's as batty as a box of frogs, but his record ain't that bad.

OK, shoot me now.

Every time i look at the list, he's the one that stands out... Hate the fella but his record is pretty good at lower league