I'm worried about tomorrow, we've lost enough players  this week to have an effect and the one brought in shouldn't be being rushed off past experiences, I know we are on the back of some positive results but I hope we are not going down the same route as last season and effectively writing the month off until we can bring in some new players.

9 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Forget about promotion KIG, that boat sailed a long time ago.All about planning for next year now.

Obviously it would be advantageous financially to get a few more quid from the FA cup but that is a long shot.

The :clown: will be looking to bring in more foreigners to plug the gaps in the squad,not sure a new manager would have any means of recruiting from the english game anyway ( unless they came FOC )

I am going for a draw Saturday by the way :chubb:

Forget about promotion?
We're 5 points of a play off, with a game in hand over some around us.
Carlisle were 13th and below us on 8th Dec. 5 wins on the boiunce later. They are 7 pts ahead.

You're no Pete Wild.

1 minute ago, singe said:

Forget about promotion?
We're 5 points of a play off, with a game in hand over some around us.
Carlisle were 13th and below us on 8th Dec. 5 wins on the boiunce later. They are 7 pts ahead.

You're no Pete Wild.

Just being realistic, 5 points off a playoff is not promotion candidate.

we are also 5 points off 15th place !

We have lost players,we have no manager and the club owner is alledgedly skint.

I am indeed no Pete Wild,he is paid to be positive 😉 we all would be the same if our livelihood depended on it !

17 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

I was hoping for some players in this week but can't see it happening now. If we win tommorw will be a huge bonus

In some ways our league form might benefit from our naff Cup draw. If we had drawn a big side that might have had a psychological effect on our players. 

We drew Doncaster away, another game where we aren't favourites, but not one our squad will be saving themselves for. 

A win tomorrow will indeed be a bonus, but I think we've a better chance with our cup draw. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm worried about tomorrow, we've lost enough players  this week to have an effect and the one brought in shouldn't be being rushed off past experiences, I know we are on the back of some positive results but I hope we are not going down the same route as last season and effectively writing the month off until we can bring in some new players.

Sometimes a tight knit squad produces results.

41 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sometimes a tight knit squad produces results.

No need for reinforcements then? O'Grady going to play every minute of every game? 

We have around a dozen fit outfield players, all this bollocks about how we are not going to miss the loanees is frankly rubbish, Lyden and Surridge will be greatly missed and players like Graham and Miller where regulars on the bench, we are very low on numbers and only a suspension or another injury or two away from really struggling.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No need for reinforcements then? O'Grady going to play every minute of every game? 

We have around a dozen fit outfield players, all this bollocks about how we are not going to miss the loanees is frankly rubbish, Lyden and Surridge will be greatly missed and players like Graham and Miller where regulars on the bench, we are very low on numbers and only a suspension or another injury or two away from really struggling.

I don't think anyone is advocating the rest of the season to be this thin. Surridge will undoubtedly be missed, but better to wait a game or two and get the right player than just a body filling a space.

Just now, singe said:

I don't think anyone is advocating the rest of the season to be this thin. Surridge will undoubtedly be missed, but better to wait a game or two and get the right player than just a body filling a space.

Last January again then..... that went well.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

The bigger likelihood is that they have players lined up but have to wait for the money to be available. Same as the two January windows.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The bigger likelihood is that they have players lined up but have to wait for the money to be available. Same as the two January windows.

Further back than that too.

12/13 we signed Paul Murray 2 days before Deadline Day & Iwelumo, Barnard & Obita on Deadline Day with Lee Croft the day after. No one else in the window.

42 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Didn't mean for the whole season. Loan players will come in soon.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Last week it was an embargo we were under and now it’s as we are potless.  Always worst case scenario with you isn’t it.   Not just that deals can take time or we haven’t found the right player(s) yet.  

Edited by kowenicki

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Last week it was an embargo we were under and now it’s as we are potless.  Always worst case scenario with you isn’t it.   Not just that deals can take time or we haven’t found the right player(s) yet.  

Well when new manager and players arrive next week we can acknowledge I was right...

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well when new manager and players arrive next week we can acknowledge I was right...

‘Cos that will prove it.  😂

Like you were right about the embargo and and and etc etc etc. 

Edited by kowenicki

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

‘Cos that will prove it.  😂

Like you were right about the embargo and and and etc etc etc. 

Never said we were under embargo, just suggested it as a possibility, nothing that has happened suggests I'm too far wide of the mark though.

They knew weeks ago that Lyden and Surridge were going but have just chosen not to replace them, yh I guess that could be the case 😂😂

When the solidarity payments land things will start happening on the transfer front.

7 hours ago, archiecat said:

Just being realistic, 5 points off a playoff is not promotion candidate.

we are also 5 points off 15th place !

We have lost players,we have no manager and the club owner is alledgedly skint.

I am indeed no Pete Wild,he is paid to be positive 😉 we all would be the same if our livelihood depended on it !

So far, so far so good on the Pete Wild positivity.