25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Never said we were under embargo, just suggested it as a possibility, nothing that has happened suggests I'm too far wide of the mark though.

They knew weeks ago that Lyden and Surridge were going but have just chosen not to replace them, yh I guess that could be the case 😂😂

When the solidarity payments land things will start happening on the transfer front.

Apart from signing Mo Syllah.

I rather like the idea that any job at Oldham Athletic is secure given the way our owner has been 'moving people on'.

If I were Wild and he offered me the job I would ask for a contract to the end of next season and if the answer is no say no thank you but then AL might just sack him anyway.

Although automatic promotion is unlikely getting into the top seven from where we are is not.  This is why I fancy Wild for the job because he undoubtedly has done very well both tactically and with his substitutions.  He seems to know what he wants and is remaining true to himself.  A win today and how could you argue against making him the permanent coach.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

My thinking is that they are close to the edge budget wise.

But anyway, match day, let's focus on that.

We inevitably are, as usual! Let's hope the FA Cup money has given us some space.
REight, this match. Tough one, I'll settle for a draw.
I  just hope PW gets some sort of team performance, my insinct is it is going to be him, so a real credit to his skill if he can.

13 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I rather like the idea that any job at Oldham Athletic is secure given the way our owner has been 'moving people on'.

If I were Wild and he offered me the job I would ask for a contract to the end of next season and if the answer is no say no thank you but then AL might just sack him anyway.

Although automatic promotion is unlikely getting into the top seven from where we are is not.  This is why I fancy Wild for the job because he undoubtedly has done very well both tactically and with his substitutions.  He seems to know what he wants and is remaining true to himself.  A win today and how could you argue against making him the permanent coach.

There is only one argument against making him permanent. Wellens. And if Wellens had not happened we'd have been all clamouring. Funnily enough, I don't think PW is as easily distracted, so it could work.

10 minutes ago, singe said:

There is only one argument against making him permanent. Wellens. And if Wellens had not happened we'd have been all clamouring. Funnily enough, I don't think PW is as easily distracted, so it could work.

I have an argument, Who is Pete Wild in football terms???

Would you give the top job at your work to a complete novice?

we all like the guy but come on,let's just get a bit real !!!

It would be an incredible leap of faith to appoint Pete as our next permanent manager.

He's no experience of working with 1st team pros other than the last three matches and quite rightly is concerned for his long term employment prospects should he take the job.

However he's done amazingly well so far, which often happens when a manager is sacked, so for me, unless we have an adequate replacement, he could continue to the end of this season. 

41 minutes ago, singe said:

We inevitably are, as usual! Let's hope the FA Cup money has given us some space.
REight, this match. Tough one, I'll settle for a draw.
I  just hope PW gets some sort of team performance, my insinct is it is going to be him, so a real credit to his skill if he can.

You’d settle for a draw ? At home ? In the league ? Hopefully the players and management team don’t have this ridiculous view and don’t settle for anything less than a win !! 

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It would be an incredible leap of faith to appoint Pete as our next permanent manager.

He's no experience of working with 1st team pros other than the last three matches and quite rightly is concerned for his long term employment prospects should he take the job.

However he's done amazingly well so far, which often happens when a manager is sacked, so for me, unless we have an adequate replacement, he could continue to the end of this season. 

Pete Shirtliff has been around the club the last few weeks I don’t know why. Would be an ideal assistant if Pete did take the job. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You’d settle for a draw ? At home ? In the league ? Hopefully the players and management team don’t have this ridiculous view and don’t settle for anything less than a win !! 

Yep. I'd take it now. I didn't say the team should.... I

I understand the reasons to bring in an experienced assistant if PW is appointed manager, but he has done well with the people he has had helping him so far, and everyone including the payers, have mucked in. He may take too much notice of an experienced assistant and lose the instincts he has now. 

9 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

A draw would be a poor result AT HOME imo. 

They're no mugs, though.  They should have beaten us at their place, by all accounts.  Plus they've got The Winch.

We've lost two big players from last weekend - I think we'd do well to avoid the standard post-cup upset defeat.

1 hour ago, singe said:

I think he needs more time in coaching before he considers 1st team management.

I would also say that I wouldn't have blamed him if we had lost the last 3 games and in this period. 

However I do very much believe he has earned himself atleast a promotion from u16s coach to head of youth development.

Edited by GlossopLatic

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think he needs more time in coaching before he considers 1st team management.

I would also say that I wouldn't have blamed him if we had lost the last 3 games and in this period. 

However I do very much believe he has earned himself atleast a promotion from u16s coach to head of youth development.

Totally agree with all that you say. My only point was if he does get given it, & takes it, I know we will all be supporting him. He won't be starting with the ususal significant oppostion to his appointment. I say this, because I have a hunch he will get it.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:44 PM, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Is there anyone in the building who knows how to sign a player? This appointment is massive. We still have a great chance to get into the Play-offs. I do however think it will be a routine away win on Saturday, lack of preparation from inexperienced staff+ injuries/ loanees going back will severely hamper us.

Ah. Would you look at that.