Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

This is the coaching staff about a month or so ago.

 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/teams/first-team-staff/

 

At least half of them are off the wage bill and all we've added to that is some bloke called Hale, who I'd never previously heard of. 

 

Wild would struggle with experience around him but the situation at the moment is a farce, by his own admission he's not ready for it and we shouldn't let a couple of results influence a decision going forward, we need to do what's best for the club and for me appointing Wild the cheap option would be a huge mistake. 

When you check up on Hale he is a GK coach with a fair amount of experience in that role. He also seemingly runs his own GK school. 

 

I actually think he has done a better job in that role than Rhodes. 

 

You haven't heard of him because he seemingly hasn't played professionally. Hale has all the right qualifications bar that one, which isn't a qualification at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's on...

Believe it or not, I've managed to get hold of a copy of Lee Clark's application...  

Am I reading this bluddy thread correctly...…..we are getting the manager most people wanted (according to the last poll} and  yet, on this very topic, we get several posts bemoaning the fact that the

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

When you check up on Hale he is a GK coach with a fair amount of experience in that role. He also seemingly runs his own GK school. 

 

I actually think he has done a better job in that role than Rhodes. 

 

You haven't heard of him because he seemingly hasn't played professionally. Hale has all the right qualifications bar that one, which isn't a qualification at all. 

 

Spot on.

 

Their problem is that they hasn't played 500 professional games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How are we measuring that then, just out of interest? 

Daniel Iversen’s penalty saves.

 

Iversen at the start of the season said he wasn’t researching penalties, but after Fulham said he had been.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

 

 

That would suggest that PW is going to be in charge for atleast the Macc town game. 

 

If waiting a week or 2 means we make the right decision then thats fine the decision taken now will effect the club over the next 2-3 years maybe more. So Id rather just leave Wild in charge for a week or 2 longer if it means we get a man in charge who is right for the club and that AL is going to trust and back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wogghead1 said:

Pete wild now 1/6 on skybet. Someone know something we don’t???

Based on the rumour mill/journalist he's guaranteed to be halfway to SkyBet paying out- after 10 games. 

 

AL has less than a month to find a replacement, slightly less if we draw at Donny due to when the replay would be. 10 games since he took over is the game against Yeovil 12/2/19. A Donny replay makes the game against Crawley the magic game. 

 

That's why even when the temporary replacement is not well fancied it is often very good value. Philliskirk went 9 games before Johnson was appointed (helped by a replay and some rearranged games). Skybet were due to payout after the next one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Seems pretty nailed on for it now, everybody else is drifting well out

 

 
Pete Wild
1/6
John Askey
8/1
Paul Scholes
10/1
Peter Clarke
10/1
Steven Pressley
16/1
Paul Heckingbottom
22/1
Darren Ferguson
25/1
Jacques Santini
25/1
 

Depressing and will end in tears.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Based on the rumour mill/journalist he's guaranteed to be halfway to SkyBet paying out- after 10 games. 

 

AL has less than a month to find a replacement, slightly less if we draw at Donny due to when the replay would be. 10 games since he took over is the game against Yeovil 12/2/19. A Donny replay makes the game against Crawley the magic game. 

 

That's why even when the temporary replacement is not well fancied it is often very good value. Philliskirk went 9 games before Johnson was appointed (helped by a replay and some rearranged games). Skybet were due to payout after the next one. 

I don't think the potential replay with Donny makes any difference, we have the rearranged league game with the Dongs already scheduled in for that Tuesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I don't think the potential replay with Donny makes any difference, we have the rearranged league game with the Dongs already scheduled in for that Tuesday.

A replay with Donny will be the Tuesday after (10 days after original tie). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

A replay with Donny will be the Tuesday after (10 days after original tie). 

Fair enough. I've not looked at the dates, it's what the ticket office told me when I picked up my Macc tickets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Paul said:

 

Yes

 

 Caretaker Manager - Pete Wild - A Licence

 Coach - Chris Millington - A Licence

 Goalkeeping Coach - Steve Hale - A Licence

 Fitness Coach - Stuart Vance

 Physio - Stuart Irwin

Pete Wild is going to have Pete Wild as part of his coaching team? Delegating tasks to himself? Hmm.

Adding the physio to make your coaching team list look bigger? Lame.

If we appointed an actual manager and he brought an assistant, with the above people chipping in then that would be a team. Three people is stretching the term.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Pete Wild is going to have Pete Wild as part of his coaching team? Delegating tasks to himself? Hmm.

Adding the physio to make your coaching team list look bigger? Lame.

If we appointed an actual manager and he brought an assistant, with the above people chipping in then that would be a team. Three people is stretching the term.

 

How many do you need!?

 

Manager and Coach (or Assistant or whatever you want to name him) coach the team and tactics, GK coach takes goalkeepers and Physio and Fitness coach look after fitness and health of the players. Not sure what else is really needed at league two level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

 

How many do you need!?

 

Manager and Coach (or Assistant or whatever you want to name him) coach the team and tactics, GK coach takes goalkeepers and Physio and Fitness coach look after fitness and health of the players. Not sure what else is really needed at league two level. 

I manage a sunday team and I’ve got three,  so if I was at div4 level I’d say five or six would be about right.

Basically so l don’t have to actually do anything myself!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I manage a sunday team and I’ve got three,  so if I was at div4 level I’d say five or six would be about right.

Basically so l don’t have to actually do anything myself!!

 “Too many cooks”...........

 

If you look on most league two or even league one club websites I think you’ll find most have Manager, Assistant, GK coach then the medical/fitness staff.  A few may have a first team coach as well but not many.

 

We are league two with a limited budget so I think what we have is about right, I’d like to see money spent on players on the pitch

Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty although it's not a prerequisite who'd actually heard of either Wild, Millington and Hale a month ago?

 

It would be a massive leap of faith to install three effective nobodies within the game and following the first couple of defeats the lack of experience will be dragged out time and time again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

 “Too many cooks”...........

 

If you look on most league two or even league one club websites I think you’ll find most have Manager, Assistant, GK coach then the medical/fitness staff.  A few may have a first team coach as well but not many.

 

We are league two with a limited budget so I think what we have is about right, I’d like to see money spent on players on the pitch

I know. But you still included Pete Wild as part of Pete Wilds potential coaching team, that’s all l was picking up on tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I know. But you still included Pete Wild as part of Pete Wilds potential coaching team, that’s all l was picking up on tbh.

 

Yes because he is a coach as many managers are. You may get some managers who like to just manage and let a coach coach, you also get managers who like to do a good proportion of the coaching themselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

In all honesty although it's not a prerequisite who'd actually heard of either Wild, Millington and Hale a month ago?

 

It would be a massive leap of faith to install three effective nobodies within the game and following the first couple of defeats the lack of experience will be dragged out time and time again.

Bet Lemsagam can't believe his luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...