13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

We were woefully unprepared for FGR. We should be beating Macclesfield. We need bodies and a manager ASAP. 

Going by PW's comments post match we were actually over prepared.  He decided to change for the second half and it was fine.  The overreaction to a home draw against a team doing very well in this league is pathetic.

42 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Going by PW's comments post match we were actually over prepared.  He decided to change for the second half and it was fine.  The overreaction to a home draw against a team doing very well in this league is pathetic.

So is the defence of the state of both the management and playing staff situation but it depends which way you want to see it, our problems probably lie somewhere in between and a defeat at Macclesfield or a failure to score again should set the alarm bells ringing.

We literally do not have a fit forward at the club unless Lang is finally given a run out and we pack the midfield with those fit enough to play, sometimes on here it seems the poster is attacked even if they have a valid point to make and on this occasion I agree with what KIG has to say even if he could of delivered it better.

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So is the defence of the state of both the management and playing staff situation but it depends which way you want to see it, our problems probably lie somewhere in between and a defeat at Macclesfield or a failure to score again should set the alarm bells ringing.

We literally do not have a fit forward at the club unless Lang is finally given a run out and we pack the midfield with those fit enough to play, sometimes on here it seems the poster is attacked even if they have a valid point to make and on this occasion I agree with what KIG has to say even if he could of delivered it better.

There is a massive difference between being short of fit players and being "woefully unprepared". That is hyperbolic bullshit. He is an attention seeking troll.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

There is a massive difference between being short of fit players and being "woefully unprepared". That is hyperbolic bullshit. He is an attention seeking troll.

Exactly this. He may have a point underneath the extreme criticisms, but it's those extremes that people are responding to.

8 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

There is a young mid/striker at Eastern suburbs in New Zealand. Callum McCowatt. Just back from a 3 month trial at Sparta Rotterdam. 19, good tech ability and can finish. Will try and dig up some vids. 7 goals in 7 games for Easts

Is he playing in New Zealand as that’s probably a pub League?

Sparta Rotterdam are in the Dutch 2nd Division this season so that’s slightly more promising.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Interesting as based on having watched us at Forest Green and then at BP, my view was that we were relatively under-prepared. Forest Green were set up very similar at their place and it took Bunn too long to counter it, Wild might have thought about stopping their midfield by packing our midfield but it didn’t work until the 2nd half. 

When Winchester is the worst player in central midfield, it is a strong point. I’ve been very impressed with Reece Brown over the 2 games (#10) and their number 4 was a slight cut above Winchester IMHO.

However, there is a reason why Forest Green are 7th and 2 draws against them is reasonable in my view.

Edited by rudemedic
See Bristol's point below

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Interesting as based on having watched us at Forest Green and then at BP, my view was that we were relatively under-prepared. Forest Green were set up very similar at their place and it took Bunn too long to counter it, Wild might have thought about stopping their midfield by packing our midfield but it didn’t work until the 2nd half. 

When Winchester is the worst player in central midfield, it is a strong point. I’ve been very impressed with Reece Brown over the 2 games (#10) and their number 4 was a slight cut above Winchester IMHO.

However, there is a reason why Forest Green are 7th and 2 0-0 draws against them is reasonable in my view.

Pedantic me says it was 1-1 at FGR. Sorry, Mr Medic, no offence.

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Is he playing in New Zealand as that’s probably a pub League?

Sparta Rotterdam are in the Dutch 2nd Division this season so that’s slightly more promising.

Granted, the New Zealand Premiership is a pub league but 7 in 7 since he returned from Rotterdam is pretty good. Bagged a hat-trick on Sunday.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

We have a manager but not enough bodies. Don't understand your first point-but then again not many do.

Wasn't too long ago we had about 40 first team squad players on the books?

Edited by BP1960

45 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Pedantic me says it was 1-1 at FGR. Sorry, Mr Medic, no offence.

So it was. For some reason (probably the rain) the fact we got an equaliser in the 2nd half had been wiped from my memory. That or I had confused it with Yeovil. 

41 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Granted, the New Zealand Premiership is a pub league but 7 in 7 since he returned from Rotterdam is pretty good. Bagged a hat-trick on Sunday.

I saw Auckland City a few times when I lived there and it was quite hard to get a handle on where they'd fit into the english pyramid.  But their results at the world club championship were never that embarrassing (that I can remember!).

National league north/south maybe? Or the one below? Definitely a level where someone scoring a lot would be catching the eye of national league/league 2 teams.

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

There is a young mid/striker at Eastern suburbs in New Zealand. Callum McCowatt. Just back from a 3 month trial at Sparta Rotterdam. 19, good tech ability and can finish. Will try and dig up some vids. 7 goals in 7 games for Easts

Has he got French grandparents?

4 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

The only bad thong to come out of Steven Pressley getting the Carlisle job is Lee Clark is still out of work and actively looking at getting back into the game..Please AL do not give it to the nobjockey, id rather a ballboy or turnstile attendant got the managers job. 

If he appointed Lee Clark, he'd deserve all the crap he would get.

8 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

The only bad thong to come out of Steven Pressley getting the Carlisle job is Lee Clark is still out of work and actively looking at getting back into the game..Please AL do not give it to the nobjockey, id rather a ballboy or turnstile attendant got the managers job. 

As an ex turnstile operator for many years I think you are being harsh on my ex colleagues

3 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

No offence meant, i honestly believe anybody would do a better job than him 😉

Certainly non taken. Another role albeit part time where a definite sense of humour is required

Edited by another fan
  • Like 1