1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

image.jpeg.1a7f45dc02d536c9f18b582f3b57f2ab.jpeg
11 Oct 2017 · Paul Scholes was interviewed for the Oldham Athletic manager’s job on Wednesday morning, with the club now deciding whether to give the former Manchester United and England midfielder the role. Scholes was formerly a coach at United but this would be his first permanent No1 ...

Yeah, that's just a standard copy and paste type article for me, just struggle with the idea he was seriously interviewed and we decided not to pursue it.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Feel free to agree or disagree, don't see the point in upboats or downboats really but think downboats are a bit petty and pettiness must be met with pettiness 😂

So if you don't see the point, why send 108 positive responses to other people's posts? Somewhat contradictory.

Yeah, that's just a standard copy and paste type article for me, just struggle with the idea he was seriously interviewed and we decided not to pursue it.

Or you can watch his interview on sky sports where he said he wanted it, was interviewed for it but we gave it wellens. You've already seen that though

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

From The Independent.

Paul Scholes had his managerial interest piqued by Oldham and has not ruled out applying for more jobs in the future.

The boyhood Latics fan was interviewed for the position but missed out to caretaker boss Richie Wellens after he masterminded four wins from four matches.

Scholes told Press Association Sport: "I had a good chat with Mark (Moisley), the chief executive, and Simon Corney the owner. Talks went very well.

"I'm sure they interviewed quite a few people. It was something I was very interested in but Rick Wellens had done so well, they couldn't ignore that.

"He's brought a really good style of football, something Oldham fans haven't been used to for quite a while. I lost out but hopefully Rick will take them on and he can be successful."

Since ending his playing career in May 2013, Scholes has helped out Nicky Butt and Ryan Giggs in coaching positions at Manchester United before focusing on media work.

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Or you can watch his interview on sky sports where he said he wanted it, was interviewed for it but we gave it wellens. You've already seen that though

Discussions and Interviews can come in many forms really so I wouldn't put so much weight behind that.

I haven't seen him linked with any other jobs, what's so good and attractive about this one?

1 minute ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

From The Independent.

Paul Scholes had his managerial interest piqued by Oldham and has not ruled out applying for more jobs in the future.

The boyhood Latics fan was interviewed for the position but missed out to caretaker boss Richie Wellens after he masterminded four wins from four matches.

Scholes told Press Association Sport: "I had a good chat with Mark (Moisley), the chief executive, and Simon Corney the owner. Talks went very well.

"I'm sure they interviewed quite a few people. It was something I was very interested in but Rick Wellens had done so well, they couldn't ignore that.

"He's brought a really good style of football, something Oldham fans haven't been used to for quite a while. I lost out but hopefully Rick will take them on and he can be successful."

Since ending his playing career in May 2013, Scholes has helped out Nicky Butt and Ryan Giggs in coaching positions at Manchester United before focusing on media work.

He's always been pretty good with us (apart from maybe one time) in terms of being happy for his name to be associated with us.

Similar to when Seedorf was being shown around the gym and being 'linked' with the job.

He's always been pretty good with us (apart from maybe one time) in terms of being happy for his name to be associated with us.

Similar to when Seedorf was being shown around the gym and being 'linked' with the job.

Yeah. Football managers are always being shown round cheap gyms in Oldham. 

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We were definitely stopped from signing a player in the build up to the FGR game...

We signed Sylla in the week before FGR.  This was after significant unexpected income from the FA Cup run and during a time when the only other player movement was outwards.

I know you have good sources but this doesn’t add up.

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So even though widely reported he went for the job and was interviewed, even though he himself says he went for it and wanted it, you're still saying you think he wasn't interviewed or wanted the job?

Not saying he wasn't interested, just can't believe we could make it attractive enough for him to ditch his other commitments.

16 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

We signed Sylla in the week before FGR.  This was after significant unexpected income from the FA Cup run and during a time when the only other player movement was outwards.

I know you have good sources but this doesn’t add up.

Think we signed Sylla in the few days before Fulham, he was on the bench for that game