13 minutes ago, peanuts said:

the last 184 from uppermill was the dreamers express after a night around uppermill pile on with yer mates to dreamers 

Happy memories!  Always got into Dreamers in time for Soft Cell and Tainted Love. Don’t think they had a DJ - just the same tape they played every night!

Sounds like there were a few of us with the same routine! 🤣🤣🤣

Dreamers... Castle, Wrens Nest, Hark to Topper, Coliseum Bar (the bouncers thought it was amusing to let us in with the theatre crowd), Oldham Hotel, Dreamers every Friday and Saturday.. Deffo a DJ when I frequented.... Last song Hazel O''Connor Will You or Korgis Everybody's got to Learn Sometime (Oldham version of subtle coercion).... Tommy throwing people head first down the stairs was the weekly cabaret Mikey..... Scholes, see the logic as the money wouldn't matter and he's a fan but he's a mate of Frankies so would be aware of AL's modus operandi and would that be how he wants his first managerial foray to pan out..... We'll see eh.

Edited by inspectormorose
  • Like 1

Aside from someone putting £2 on him on SkyBet, is there anything more reliable linking Scholes to the manager’s job?

Unless being just a coach appeals to him, do you honestly think he’d take it?

I cannot imagine Paul being happy not having money to buy players and the owner/owner’s brother acquiring players anyway.  Unless it taps us into Manchester United youth team.

17 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Aside from someone putting £2 on him on SkyBet, is there anything more reliable linking Scholes to the manager’s job?

It would take more than a £2 bet to shift the odds from 10/1 to 4/6 in 24 hours, but that is all we have at the moment!

If Latics were to appoint a new manager next week I'd expect him to be at Macclesfield today, so if you're are going this afternoon keep 'em peeled. :goggle:  

5 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

It would take more than a £2 bet to shift the odds from 10/1 to 4/6 in 24 hours, but that is all we have at the moment!

If Latics were to appoint a new manager next week I'd expect him to be at Macclesfield today, so if you're are going this afternoon keep 'em peeled. :goggle:  

Or in Dubai with AL

9 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

4/9 now 🤔

11 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

He was in the Main Stand paddock at home to Notts County, surprised that he was recognised but let on all the same.

11 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Scholes 2/5....

FWIW I stuck a fiver on Dan Petrescu the other day based on nothing other than wanting to see if it changed his odds.... It didn't... Still 40/1...

Dan Petrescu is a client of the agency that AL’s brother now runs. I think 40/1 is good value in those circumstances.