4 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

1/5 now. 

I can understand Wild shortening, as we get closer to the 10 game mark people would be backing him in a bit.  But Scholes coming in this short without any press links or rumours is very strange.

6 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Isn’t this just how bookies try to kick a bit of life into a bet that people are bored with?

They do but I'd suggest there's more to this than that, Wild going out to 7/2 from long odds on suggests they know he won't be getting the gig. 

2 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

1/5 now. 

Now 1/6.

I'd usually expect this to be followed up by a rumour or 2 or even a Costa/Tesco sighting.

Edit How do we feel about Scholes despite the fact he is a fan of the club and when you hear him talk he talks like a fan their is no pretence about him and he seems very down to earth. His standing in the game goes without saying we won't get anyoneelse with that kind of standing wanting to be the manager. 

On the otherhand he has pretty much no experience of football at this level or any managerial experience. Plus of all the teams to be a legend at he is a man United legend.

It's one where I'm not sure how it will go down with the fans. I'm excited yet unsure at the same time.

Edited by GlossopLatic

19 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Yeah, they are all the same. 

it is perfectly natural to ask ask where you heard something.

If someone at the match gave you a rumour whilst you were staring at the pitch at half time, you would 100% say “really? Who told you that” or “where did you head that”. Of course you would.

Anyhow, disjointed messaged me the source. But I’m not telling you! 

1/6 is inside info

Scholes wouldn't want the job unless he could be successful. He wouldn't want to be known to have failed after all the success he had as a player. He would therefore demand a decent budget, and to bring in his own staff and players. This would mean AL handing over his own money to avoid having us embargoed. I just can't see it, but who knows it mat happen.

The fact that a replacement  has  dragged on a while could indicate owner has been negotiating with a potential manager who has been given time to think about it and get a team around him.

Now owner has gone home as knows it's a done deal.

We as fans would surely give another local lad and fan , time and benefit of any doubt if it takes time to gel. Just imagine attacking football with wingers and big forwards and excitement that generates.

Whoever it is let's get behind them.