5 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Alan Nixon laughed it off a few seconds ago on Twitter.  Wouldn’t put 10p on it apparently.

1/20 is mad odds and normally reflecting the bookies knowing something

Someone asked him if he had anything on it and he said "Not even 10p sadly". Think 10p is his running joke or something. So rather than him laughing it off, it seems like he's saying it's a shame he hadn't backed it.

Don't think I've ever seen a manager market go to 1/20 and then them not get the job.  But also it closes quite quickly after going so short.  And for there to be no rumours out in the media at all?  All seems very strange.

The weird thing is the lack of posts from local media.  Normally if it’s sensational but total bollocks then they’re quick to discredit it.  

Bill Rice has said “watch this space”.  Alan Nixon cryptic with his bet post.

Why do I get the feeling that people close to Scholes and club are keeping this closely under wraps and therefore more likely to be true than not.

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Betting peeps. 

Could a few dozen bets at £50 quid (ie loads following the favourite) move it to 1/20 in low volume bet like Oldham Manager Market or would it literally take £1000's? Cheers 

It normally depends who is betting, it would take significant amounts to move in to 1/20 though or they are privvy to information that's not out there, in my opinion they have probably got wind that it won't be Wild and altering the market accordingly. 

11 minutes ago, singe said:

Betting peeps. 

Could a few dozen bets at £50 quid (ie loads following the favourite) move it to 1/20 in low volume bet like Oldham Manager Market or would it literally take £1000's? Cheers 

If there's a few dozen £50 bets, the punters know something too.

We reckon this is true then ? Because the idea of Scholes managing Oldham ticks a lot of boxes for me. 

1. Most importantly he’s a fan of the club. 

2. Most fans will back him 

3. He will have more chance of getting backing from AL due to his reputation. 

4. Players will listen and respect him 

5. Connections within the game

6. Media coverage for the club 

Get Scholes in, with a good team, let’s get up the table 

15 minutes ago, singe said:

Betting peeps. 

I used to bet big! But I have no idea, I would imagine it would take some serious money to move it. Having said that, how many people are betting on the next oldham manager...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was told today, by someone who should know, that it's Scholes...

Absolute bonkers.  This bloke won’t accept the role unless he’s got cash to strengthen or given free reign to bring in Man Utd kids.  

32 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We reckon this is true then ? Because the idea of Scholes managing Oldham ticks a lot of boxes for me. 

1. Most importantly he’s a fan of the club. 

2. Most fans will back him 

3. He will have more chance of getting backing from AL due to his reputation. 

4. Players will listen and respect him 

5. Connections within the game

6. Media coverage for the club 

Get Scholes in, with a good team, let’s get up the table 

Absolutely.  No guarantees but anyone not delighted f this is the case then they've lost the plot.  Just a quick glance at the other apparent candidates should be enough quite apart from your points above

10 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Absolute bonkers.  This bloke won’t accept the role unless he’s got cash to strengthen or given free reign to bring in Man Utd kids.  

The bookies don't agree at odds of 1/20.