1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

I hear you mate. When it's good and all that... I don't get either. Just keep tabs on the next Oldham manager odds.

I assume you have partaken in the  very dark of the arts??? I won’t be returning and glad to be out of it. When it gets you, it’s gets you  bad . But when you’re  out, admitily for the second  time ! it spits you out ! And I for one will never return!

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But will AL let him bring in the quality kids from Manchester United or keep the policy of recruiting from abroad?

The latter concerns me.

Surely scholes wouldn't set himself up for failure from the off. He must've had reassurances

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Has he stopped other managers bringing in their own players? Nope. It's been a pretty even mixture. 

It has, until the appointment of a Sporting director and the last 3 additions.

Edited by BP1960

27 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I assume you have partaken in the  very dark of the arts??? I won’t be returning and glad to be out of it. When it gets you, it’s gets you  bad . But when you’re  out, admitily for the second  time ! it spits you out ! And I for one will never return!

You may have a missed a thread on here a few months ago but some people spoke very eloquently about gambling. Said things in a way I wish I could. But, yeah. All good at times and at others it eats away. I've not taken a risk for 6 months. Definitely better off paying it safe. Hopeful I won't have a bet again.

This is the appointment that the club has needed for the last couple of years,at least to find out whether it will work. The speculation every 6 months about Scholes becoming Manager has become boring.

What will be interesting is how he will cope with reporting to our Sporting Director.

Perhaps there is a bigger picture and there is money behind Scholes to buy AL out, now that would be good.

Thing that's really pissing me off about this is all our own fans slagging him off calling him red scum and  similar on Twitter and the like, now I appreciate he had a glittering career which he was never going to have with his boyhood club and nobody should begrudge him that but to start saying 'Scholes out' already on the basis that he played for United shows how thick some of our fanbase are, probably the same planks who sing 'Andy Ritchies magic' whenever it's piped up, you know the ex United player who supports United and works for MUTV. 

I hope our own fans grasp this chance of Scholes coming here because he's a winner, doesn't know what failure is and given the chance will get us back where we belong, I've no doubt about that. Anyone against this appointment and what it could do for our club seriously needs to give their head a wobble.

Edited by yarddog73