10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Paul Hurst for me. Available and great lower league track record. Reputation tarnished at Ipswich a bit so may want to get back into a job 

After what he achieved at Grimsby & Shrewsbury.... he’d be much better placed hanging on for another job working for someone less eractic.

Just now, OLDHAMADE said:

Wonder if Scholes might be throwing his hat into the ring? now that would be interesting and could bring the bump needed at this moment in time

No chance, I'm sure he knows about AL and his interference, Scholes wouldn't put up with that. 

For the record I would also say that I don't think he would make a good manager. 

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

After what he achieved at Grimsby & Shrewsbury.... he’d be much better placed hanging on for another job working for someone less eractic.

Of course he would, personally I think we are going to see the manager revolving door spinning regularly whilst AL is in charge. 

Just now, disjointed said:

Of course he would, personally I think we are going to see the manager revolving door spinning regularly whilst AL is in charge. 

Partially because anyone who’s decent won’t touch us with a barge pole.... for which our owner shoulders a lot of the blame.

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

He went to Ipswich working for a "stable" chairman and got peddled after 5 months so I'm not sure where you would consider a stable job.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

He went to Ipswich working for a "stable" chairman and got peddled after 5 months so I'm not sure where you would consider a stable job.

....because they were bottom of the league. He’s got enough in the tank to hang on for another job, where - subject to not being bottom of the league - the owner won’t sack his assistant manager and then him, after interfering regularly. We’re not an attractive proposition.

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

That’s a very good point. 

If you come into latics, and take us up, but get the sack for finishing second. Your hardly gonna struggle for another job are you. Equally everyone in football knows your working for a very erratic owner. So are more inclined to give you another shot. 

Were becoimg the free pass that leeds job was/is. 

‘Ah, can’t judge x on the latics job. Owner is a nutter’ 😬😩

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Partially because anyone who’s decent won’t touch us with a barge pole.... for which our owner shoulders a lot of the blame.

So we will be left with a succession of wannabee managers or foreign imports and absolutely no stability at the club. There must be a manager in waiting who can come in and get this club back up a division or 2 all it needs is AL to let the right person do it his own way. A bit of success will see a few of the fans who have deserted us in the last few years (I don't blame them one bit) jump back on board. 

I know you have said it many times but a plan wouldn't go amiss, and stick to it. This league is poor and with the players we have and a few decent additions in January we should be aiming to get out at the first attempt. 

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....because they were bottom of the league. He’s got enough in the tank to hang on for another job, where - subject to not being bottom of the league - the owner won’t sack his assistant manager and then him, after interfering regularly. We’re not an attractive proposition.

Lots of talk about loyalty on this forum. People would be happy with a man who had cleared his desk before the League One playoff final

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

But was he wrong to sack Rhodes? Upturn in form and fitness points to it being a right decision.

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Could have been co-incidence.... they (Bunn/Rhodes) were not given enough time for anyone to know.... with an interfering owner.

If that was the case, why keep one and not the other? 

Edited by mikejh45

Just now, kowenicki said:

It’s more convenient. 

Come on Kow. 

Bring some balance.

There’s an awful lot of stories coming out of the club, that he’s very interfering/authocratic.  Now either everybody who has come into contact with him is wrong, or there is some substance to what they are saying.   

We have issues, some he’s helped with. Other he hasn’t. 

It does feel that we would get were AL wants more quickly, quickly. If he calmed down. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Come on Kow. 

Bring some balance.

There’s an awful lot of stories coming out of the club, that he’s very interfering/authocratic.  Now either everybody who has come into contact with him is wrong, or there is some substance to what they are saying.   

It does feel that we would get were AL wants more quickly, quickly. If he calmed down. 

I don’t deny that.  But not everything that happens has to be his fault.  For example, I was told the players were so pissed of with his ‘dressing downs’ that they downed tools. I’m still not having that. 

Some balance from other posters in the other direction would be nice too. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Come on Kow. 

Bring some balance.

Maybe and it’s only a maybe- have you ever had a slack boss who lets you get away with murder ? Well maybe that was SC. So AL comes in with high expectations and the workforce don’t like it ? They have to pull their fingers out so kick off and leak bs that should it even be true should stay in-house. And just to clarify I’m 100% against him going on changing rooms (if true)

10 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Maybe and it’s only a maybe- have you ever had a slack boss who lets you get away with murder ? Well maybe that was SC. So AL comes in with high expectations and the workforce don’t like it ? They have to pull their fingers out so kick off and leak bs that should it even be true should stay in-house. And just to clarify I’m 100% against him going on changing rooms (if true)

I hope he went in  the dressing room after to congratulate everyone.