F.C Oldham Athletic

On 12/29/2018 at 8:25 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

As far as I can see ,the wages after a couple of unacceptable late payments are now paid on time ? This was apparently happening often in SC times , yet he never seemed to be called out half as much as AL. I just see this thread as a bit pointless tbf Joe. Nothing against it , just strange timing ? I don’t personally feel we are as much in the shit as we were under SC. I’m wary of AL too but will be interested to see who we appoint and what investment* in the playing side we get in January. 

*If any

FIFY

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Should be looking into this.

In this case, I would use that currently hated phrase, slowly, slowly!

We live in a town whose populace is somewhat indifferent to its football club. Having a stadium/ground is crucial. If you think it isn't, just have a look at what happened to Oldham rugby once they lost their ground (and I used to stand at Watersheddings with the other 4 or 5,000 supporters - that's now 4 or 500).

So, it's an option, for sure but deffo one for the back burner.

In reality, at present, the number one priority is quite simply to :-

1) Ascertain the owner's intentions/thoughts - i.e. is he open to "going" following the latest shitstorm of his making?

The answer to that then dictates future actions e.g. is he willing to sell the club, can we tie up the purchase of the club with the land/stand etc. in order to simplify matters going forward. This needs some proper co-ordination, hence my constant pleas to the Trust. Once they arrange a meeting for fans, things may become clearer.

As I think people have said on here below, noises are that it wouldn't take much cash to get AL out - whether the consortium buying the stadium have enough for both, and to keep us as a going concern is another matter? Or maybe they're waiting for us to be put into admin first - that'd hurt a lot more people than just AL though, so they might not want to wait for it.

• 2 years later...

Thought this might be worth a bump. 

Hope this is on the Trusts agenda/PTB agenda for a worst case scenario. 

Given the current club's reputation and obviously perilous financial state, can actually see it being easier to raise funds for...

20 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Given the current club's reputation and obviously perilous financial state, can actually see it being easier to raise funds for...

Could it merge with the Bury Phoenix club.......

23 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The Contingncy Fund is for the worst case secnario. The OASF1895 Lottery is the first in a number of projects being lined up.
Play the Lottery here:
https://play.clubforce.com/play_newa.asp?ll_id=2889#Anchor

1 minute ago, singe said:

The Contingncy Fund is for the worst case secnario. The OASF1895 Lottery is the first in a number of projects being lined up.
Play the Lottery here:

Sounds good. Out of interest, apart from this board, how else is the lottery getting advertised ? 
Are you only targeting fans, or you targeting the town in general ? 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Sounds good. Out of interest, apart from this board, how else is the lottery getting advertised ? 
Are you only targeting fans, or you targeting the town in general ? 

We're on Twitter:

Facebook via the OASF main page: https://www.facebook.com/FoundationOldham

NB the website is undergoing a massive overhaul as part of future projects, so that will change later in the year.

Emails to members.

Clubforce, the lottery partners, will do some work.

We're trying hard for a celebrity launch soon, and get the media involved.

We did this first part relatively soft, because it is nw to us.

I've just set up an OASF1895Lottery login for here, so once sorted I'll use that for lottery related items, which should make it more identifiable too.
It's trying for the low maintenance but high impact wins of course.

If you've got any ideas/suggestions, we'd really welcome them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Terrible thread. As other have stated the effort should be put into forcing AL out, trying to find buyers and trying to buy the ground. If we can’t even get a half decent demonstration together on match day then there’s no chance anyone would be able to set up a new club 

16 minutes ago, singe said:

Play the Lottery here:

Signed up (for as long as my current finances allow!). 

Apologies if I've missed the explanation of how this works - one of "our lot" wins and does it all go in the OAFC Foundation Fund?

What happens if none of us win?

5 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Terrible thread. As other have stated the effort should be put into forcing AL out, trying to find buyers and trying to buy the ground. If we can’t even get a half decent demonstration together on match day then there’s no chance anyone would be able to set up a new club 

Well, that's the concern. At least thinking of a worst case scenario now could get the idea in people's head that we might need a plan and encourage them to come up with a blueprint to ensure the town of Oldham is represented by a football club, should the worst happen.

Would you prefer, if the club in it's current guise went pop, we all shook hands and went our separate ways?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, singe said:

We're on Twitter:

Facebook via the OASF main page: https://www.facebook.com/FoundationOldham

NB the website is undergoing a massive overhaul as part of future projects, so that will change later in the year.

Emails to members.

Clubforce, the lottery partners, will do some work.

We're trying hard for a celebrity launch soon, and get the media involved.

We did this first part relatively soft, because it is nw to us.

I've just set up an OASF1895Lottery login for here, so once sorted I'll use that for lottery related items, which should make it more identifiable too.
It's trying for the low maintenance but high impact wins of course.

If you've got any ideas/suggestions, we'd really welcome them.

All sounds great, really well done. 

18 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Signed up (for as long as my current finances allow!). 

Apologies if I've missed the explanation of how this works - one of "our lot" wins and does it all go in the OAFC Foundation Fund?

What happens if none of us win?

No worries. And thanks for playing. 

It's great the questions are being asked. 

It's not like the club one, shared between Huddersfield etc, or other clubforce users, it's entirely Foundation funded and prize money kept in house. 

So, if the money is not won it rolls over. 

The maximum allowed under small lotteries legislation is £25k.

Any excess goes into the Contingency Fund. I know it's important to many that is ring-fenced. 

More here, anything we've missed, please shout as we might need to update it! 

http://www.trustoldham.org/oasf-1895-lottery/

• Thanks 1

Thanks and well done for taking the lead on this.

I might have missed it but couldn't see any detail on how it works.

Clearly Clubforce take a cut, perhaps there are other expenses too.

After expenses how are the takings split- what percentage goes to the foundation fund vs the prize pot?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, singe said:

No worries. And thanks for playing. 

It's great the questions are being asked. 

It's not like the club one, shared between Huddersfield etc, or other clubforce users, it's entirely Foundation funded and prize money kept in house. 

So, if the money is not won it rolls over. 

The maximum allowed under small lotteries legislation is £25k.

Any excess goes into the Contingency Fund. I know it's important to many that is ring-fenced. 

More here, anything we've missed, please shout as we might need to update it! 

http://www.trustoldham.org/oasf-1895-lottery/

Done.

13 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

Thanks and well done for taking the lead on this.

I might have missed it but couldn't see any detail on how it works.

Clearly Clubforce take a cut, perhaps there are other expenses too.

After expenses how are the takings split- what percentage goes to the foundation fund vs the prize pot?

Hi, yes, Clubforce take a cut for hosting and administering. We thought long and hard about this, but ultimately it would be too labour intensive to set it up and administer ourselves. We chose Clubforce as they have a track record with other clubs, low fees, ease  of use, good reporting and speed to set up. Clubforce take 10%, which works out at 10p per entry. The remain 90% is then ours as prize money and funds. We don't share the prize fund with any other Clubforce users.

Thanks for the question, hopefully it answers it. Anthing else, just shout.