Port Vale (A)

Just to remind ourselves we have Pete Wild (the last man standing) in charge for a rather important run of fixtures.

I know nothing about him other than he has been running the Youth Team apparently on his own and now has both the Youths and the First Team.

I wonder what he can do other than giving the team at Carlisle a kick up the backside and replacing the hapless Taylor with Hamer.

4 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Just to remind ourselves we have Pete Wild (the last man standing) in charge for a rather important run of fixtures.

Can anyone fill in some history?  How long has he been at the club?  Did he play at any level? etc.?

I'd class Wild as an Oldham name - is he an Oldhamer?

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Can anyone fill in some history?  How long has he been at the club?  Did he play at any level? etc.?

He’s our wild card in the pack

quick look says he’s 36! From Stockport, seems to have played 4 games for Stockport in 2002/2003. That’s about it.... sound pppppperfect

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

quick look says he’s 36! From Stockport, seems to have played 4 games for Stockport in 2002/2003. That’s about it.... sound pppppperfect

used to be in charge of gb amputee team.

actually been at oldham awhile, at least 2014

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

That's a load of bollocks.

Loads of people know Wildy, he's Oldham through and through and one of the soundest lads you'll ever meet.

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Was the midfield dynamo for Oddies FC amongst others, liked a pint in the Railway in Royton. 

Edited by Dick_Valentine

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He has never played for Stockport. Absolutely sound as a pound and knows his stuff. He is from Royton and has been a Latics fan all of his life. Can't speak highly enough of 

Hope the players respond to him after letting down FB so badly at Carlisle.

Some players are a lot to blame in all this, as happened with previous managers 

If the players have any professional pride then they shouldn't need a team talk to motivate them.

He's on a hiding to nothing on this if he does well he will get the job and will no doubt be expected to carry on managing the youth team and the first team until the owner gets out on the wrong side of bed one day where he will be fired.

must have the poorest credentials ever to manage a game for a pro team. would hope the team see he's a fan and wants to win and put on a decent display. .he's unlikely to change anything major so players need to put in a good performance. ill be all over a port vale win though on bet 365

24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He has never played for Stockport. Absolutely sound as a pound and knows his stuff. He is from Royton and has been a Latics fan all of his life. Can't speak highly enough of him...

As sound as a pound as he is he shouldn't be anywhere near that dugout tomorrow, it's almost farcical that we've had to turn to him. Might as well hold a raffle next time.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

As sound as a pound as he is he shouldn't be anywhere near that dugout tomorrow, it's almost farcical that we've had to turn to him. Might as well hold a raffle next time.

If he's got his coaching badge and already knows the players well, why should he be nowhere near?

3 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

must have the poorest credentials ever to manage a game for a pro team. would hope the team see he's a fan and wants to win and put on a decent display. .he's unlikely to change anything major so players need to put in a good performance. ill be all over a port vale win though on bet 365

If the defences attitude is the same as it was at carlisle, Pope will have a field day.

We need to see any sort of win here backed up by a cracking win at home on New years day.

If that's not the case then I'd  have a wholesale clearout and start afresh 

7 minutes ago, bowl said:

If he's got his coaching badge and already knows the players well, why should he be nowhere near?

Is that a serious fucking question, we're Oldham Athletic, he wouldn't get a managers job in the Conference North if he applied for one, what makes you think he should be anywhere near our first team? Nice lad and a fan aren't qualifications for managing our club even on a temporary basis.

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I will be happy if he drops that waster Nepo

That would tell me that he knows the difference between a footballer and third rate show pony :) 

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Hope that’s a joke?

It’s a strange comment at best and the sort that we can do without at the moment. Anyone who has watched the team regularly knows that Nepomuceno is one of our better players.

I know that this board is about opinions but sometimes I do wonder about the motives of some 🤔

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is that a serious fucking question, we're Oldham Athletic, he wouldn't get a managers job in the Conference North if he applied for one, what makes you think he should be anywhere near our first team? Nice lad and a fan aren't qualifications for managing our club even on a temporary basis.

This. But if he’s all we’ve got, then he’s all we’ve got and shows the wider world exactly what we’ve become.