Port Vale (A)

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s a strange comment at best and the sort that we can do without at the moment. Anyone who has watched the team regularly knows that Nepomuceno is one of our better players.

I know that this board is about opinions but sometimes I do wonder about the motives of some 🤔

Opinions, mine is correct !

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Abit unfair to call him a raffle winner. He's been thrust into this it's hardly his fault we got smashed  6-0 the owner decided to be trigger happy and he ended being the only one left to take the first team.

Who will be his assistant at Port Vale?

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you turn up early enough BP you might get the shout to you have a clipboard?

Tempting, can I also bring in new players in January like the lads I've spotted  at Newcastle and Stoke?

Edited by BP1960

As captain of the club I would expect Clarke to step up himself and help out Wild with the players.

I can't understand why they suddenly stopped playing for Bunn. They played well against Crewe and Bury then all of a sudden they all decide to down tools, unless they are thinking of the Fulham game and don't want to get injured. It seems very odd for them all to react the same way.

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

As captain of the club I would expect Clarke to step up himself and help out Wild with the players.

I can't understand why they suddenly stopped playing for Bunn. They played well against Crewe and Bury then all of a sudden they all decide to down tools, unless they are thinking of the Fulham game and don't want to get injured. It seems very odd for them all to react the same way.

Don't think it was a case of them stopping playing for Bunn.

52 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Hope the players get a result for Pete Wild.  Not only sounds like a genuine bloke who’s been given this opportunity but he’s an Oldham fan too.  Adds a little when someone who supports the club is involved.

Very similar sentiment from Wild as to whenever Philly had to take over but it touches on a point that worried me under Bunn in particular; our knowledge of the opposition.

I'd be interested to know if we have anyone watching previous footage of the clubs we face and providing feedback to the coaching staff (or what's left of them) as we've setup in quite bizarre fashion several times this year with a very relaxed understanding of the opposition's strengths. That could just be a quirk of Frankie's but it's something that's relatively easy/cheap to address and work towards along with a more in depth look at the "predictable" actions of the opposition. It's probably best highlighted by the amount of early subs we've had to (or perhaps already should have) made after struggling to impose ourselves.

All the best Pete Wild. It's a lot of responsibility for a lad that was 2nd/3rd in command of the youth setup this time last year.

Edited by Gentleman