Body Bag 2019 - Discussion Thread

rudemedic

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bumped into a member of my body bag squad in the gym last week.  Didn't make me feel very proud of myself.  Glad to say they looked in good shape and not likely to score me any points.  I'll make sure not to pick anyone close to home in future!

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

I bumped into a member of my body bag squad in the gym last week.  Didn't make me feel very proud of myself.  Glad to say they looked in good shape and not likely to score me any points.  I'll make sure not to pick anyone close to home in future!

I'm guessing a former Scottish Rugby player. He's one to keep an eye out for future years, but this year was always going to be a stretch. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, disjointed said:

Andre Previn has conducted his last symphony. An amazingly talented man who most probably will be best remembered for his appearance on Morecambe and Wise. 

"You're playing all the wrong notes" 

Brilliantly funny. 

Mr Preview 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I know some on here have him in their team, but there is a decent article in the Guardian today talking to Fernando Ricksen. He is fighting but I would have thought the end is near. 

One person and he's my captain. 

Surprising given the number of pro-Celtic posters who entered. (Is Fenian a derogatory term?) 

When I was 16 my mate's ex-Para boyfriend called me a "fucking fenian bitch" for wearing a Celtic shirt. He might have been using it as a term of endearment. 

(he definitely wasn't, the utter psychopath. 26 and going out with a 16 year old. Hope he eventually got the help he clearly needed.) 

2 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Is that a serious question?!

Well sort of, I thought it was derogatory then I recall it being used by Celtic fans on social media, including here. So perhaps it has evolved into something less derogatory. 

In the same way that 'them' using 'the n word' is different to a white person using it, people of Irish heritage using the word fenian is different to it being used as a term of abuse. Context is important. 

1 hour ago, rosa said:

In the same way that 'them' using 'the n word' is different to a white person using it, people of Irish heritage using the word fenian is different to it being used as a term of abuse. Context is important. 

See this is why I asked the question. What's the politically correct term? 

Archived