Keyboard

Guest walshy

Anybody know how to change the email button on top of keyboards to open my hotmail instead of outlook? Cheers

What's your PC manufacturer? Hang on - it won't work that way walshy. Outlook is a PC based application whereas hotmail is web-based.

Have you got a browser button next to it, hotlink you browser button to open www.hotmail.co.uk when you press it.

Give me your PC manufacturer anyways and I'll see if I can help you...

Cheers,

Rummy.

What's your PC manufacturer? Hang on - it won't work that way walshy. Outlook is a PC based application whereas hotmail is web-based.

Have you got a browser button next to it, hotlink you browser button to open www.hotmail.co.uk when you press it.

Give me your PC manufacturer anyways and I'll see if I can help you...

Cheers,

Rummy.

It's a "time" one.

It's a "time" one.

Okay, steve's right you can set up outlook to run you hotmail account, but you'll need a Hotmail Plus account - do you have one? Or is just the "vanilla" ordinary account?

If you've got an ordinary account there's nothong you can do - it will have to remain web-based.

Seems to work on my hotmail account. Give it a try Walshy.

Go to Outlook.

Click Tools, then Accounts, then the Mail tab.

Click Add, then Mail.

Enter your name and click Next.

Enter your hotmail address and click Next again.

Select HTTP server and HTTP service provider as Hotmail from the drop-down menus and click Next.

Enter your password and click Next.

Hope that works.

Seems to work on my hotmail account. Give it a try Walshy.

Go to Outlook.

Click Tools, then Accounts, then the Mail tab.

Click Add, then Mail.

Enter your name and click Next.

Enter your hotmail address and click Next again.

Select HTTP server and HTTP service provider as Hotmail from the drop-down menus and click Next.

Enter your password and click Next.

Hope that works.

Is that for Outlook or Outlook Express? Express doesn't allow you attach HTTP mail from hotmail anymore :unsure:

Is that for Outlook or Outlook Express? Express doesn't allow you attach HTTP mail from hotmail anymore :unsure:

For Outlook, Rummy. I was assuming that the mail key would link to that. In fact, it'll link to whatever the default mail program is. I just wish hotmail worked in Mozilla Thunderbird.

For Outlook, Rummy. I was assuming that the mail key would link to that. In fact, it'll link to whatever the default mail program is. I just wish hotmail worked in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Ahh, that explains it! Nice one Stevie! Walshy if youre reading this Stevie_J has nailed it for you...

Yeah, I tried thunderbird as well - it doesn't do HTTP...