Michael Ricketts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read it could be Michael Ricketts signing this afternoon, Didnt Southend release him for being overweight last season? Hope its not him

After only a couple of months into a 2yr contract, southend released him for being overweight. However he then went to preston who released him a couple of months ago for the same reason. I'm sure Shez wouldn't be signing him, if he didn't think that he could get him fit!

After only a couple of months into a 2yr contract, southend released him for being overweight. However he then went to preston who released him a couple of months ago for the same reason. I'm sure Shez wouldn't be signing him, if he didn't think that he could get him fit!

According to Sky Sports News, when focusing on Leeds United's 'football creditors' earlier Rickett's is owed £117, 500 by the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have just signed an England international ;) woohoo let the good times roll!!!

In all seriousness, he may be overweight and IMO it is a gamble but we will just have to see what Shez can do with him, a fit battering ram type ricketts could be a major asset at this level.

Get him on Mark Hughes's special diet, now worries.

Make him and Gregan share a portion of it between them.

Reckon this could be a great signing. He'll ruffle defences up no problem, and if he can get half the form back he had pre that shocking England game he'll be awesome at our level. Think back to this time last year, if someone had offered us a front two of Hughes and Ricketts we'd all have drowned in a creamy explosion. Chris Who?

Right.... this is a damn good signing again - if we can KEEP him fit.... from what i saw at the end of last season with Preston, he was fit, hard working, strong and mobile - a very good battering ram/target man striker.... he lost something like 2 stonme for the middle of last year... and preston though him good enough to take on, and play at the top of the champ...

They didnt release him as he was unfit, they released him as he isnt part of thier plans - thats it... again, this is a guy who hasnt played at our level, if in the right frame of mind - he could bang goals in..... but, think he will be more the target man we are sadly lacking....

its a gamble - but again we trust Shez... he will do the business....

And, welcome to our first current full england international! :England:

Just got a text of a Preston fan saying that he slimmed right down when he was playing for them, that their fans did not take to him (so we're not the only ones with boo-boys), and thsat he was ok but Preston played him out of position in Midfield. He ended the text by saying.........."Feed him and he will score".

What with? More pie? :wink:

Sounds like a good signing to me!

Like Hughes, could prove to be a fantastic deal... or cost us a small fortune for kack all return.

Risk you have to take at some point isn't it.

Does have a hint of panic about it though after Porter has gone.

Like Hughes, could prove to be a fantastic deal... or cost us a small fortune for kack all return.

Risk you have to take at some point isn't it.

Does have a hint of panic about it though after Porter has gone.

Panic is signing Molongo on loan. We must have been in contact with Ricketts before Porter made his move surely? I can't see us sorting it all out in the space of a few days.

Shez will get the best out of him - an ex-England international, still only 28 - at this level he will be superb.

Hess a big lad and can hold the ball up - with Davies and Wolfie buzzing around feeding off his hold up ; for me a quality signing indeed. When Hughes gets fit and match sharp that will be a nice striking quartet for sure.

It's comnig together now - a LB and another midfielder or two and we are set fo that title bid now. :D

To be fair I was just discussing this.

If we take the worst case scenario and say that Hughes and Ricketts turn out to be rubbish, the point I make is Hughes and Ricketts' rubbish performance more effective than Warney running around? I would say yes. Then if you add ot the fact that this is the absolute worst case scenario we have still moved forward from last season.