Prediction League Cup 2018/19

Stevie_J

19 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Did @jorvik_latic get booed off?

Group J looks interesting after draws all round.

Poor @Bristolatic, group of death.

Is @rosa out? :o

Am not gonna have time to choose the TV games for this fixture. I nominate @rudemedic to decide.

Thought @jorvik_latic had me beaten when we made it 4-1 at the end. Didn’t see it happening with 5 minutes left. Thought Premier League class was going to claim the victory at the death.

Unofficial Tables-

Name Points (Goal Difference) (Goals Scored If GD is a tie) (Games Played - for the groups of 3)

Group A

Oafc1895  4 (+4)
Gravity Grave 4 (+2)
Handsy 3 (+4)
BP1960  0 (-10)

Group B

David Collinge  4 (+4)
Lawman 3 (+2)
Runningman 3 (-2)
Glossop 1 (-1)

Group C
ExPat 4 (+6)
LaticsFanatic 4 (+4)
NzLatic 3 (-3)
BristolLatic 0 (-7)

Group D
AlBro 6 (+7)
Singe 3 (-4)
Johnny Pimp 1 (-1) 
SAV 1 (-2)

Group E
Milnrow Latics 6 (+7)
PJKent 3 (+2)
JoeP 3 (- 4)
Maximus 0 (-5)

Group F
Stevesidg 4 (+6)
StevieJ 2 (0)*
a259 2 (0)*
Hometownclub 1 (-6)

*Note StevieJ and a259 have exactly the same Goal Difference and Goals Scored – Ranking is based on StevieJ playing Stevesidg who is top

Group G
SE Latic 6 (+9)
MontyBurns 6 (+2)
LaticsPete 0 (-3)
BrisbaneBlue 0 (-8)

Group H
Astottie 6 (+6)
Youngen 6 (+5)
Josh_Latics 0 (-5)
Ryan 0 (-6)

Group I
RudeMedic 6 (+9)
McFluff 6 (+5)
Ak’s11  0 (-5)
Daniel 0 (-9)

Group J
Nohairdontcare 4 (+1)
Lee Sinnott 2 (0) (3)
Leeslover 2 (0) (2)
Disjointed 1 (-1)

Group K
Macca 4 (+10)
Jorvik 3 (-6)
KiG 2 (0)
Dannyboy 1 (-4)

Group L
Maddog 6 (+9)
Mick26   6 (+6)
Prozac 0 (-6)
Rosa 0 (-9)

Group M
HarryBosch 3 (+1) (P1)
OafcMetty 1 (0) (P1)
L1onheartNew 1 (-1) (P2)

Group N
L&E 3 (+2) (8) (P2)
Benja 3 (+2) (2) (P1)
DaveOg 0 (-4) (P1)

Group O
LSA 3 (+5) (P1)
Yarddog73  3 (-4) (P2) 
AidenLatics 0 (-1) (P1)

Please forgive any name shorthand.  Hopefully that gives you an idea of the current standings.

Maddog and South East Latic both leading the way with 2 wins out of 2 and a goal difference of +9

Lots of groups with lots to play for; L1onheartNew might be this year’s Algeria with HarryBosch and OAFCMetty possibly recreating the Disgrace of Gijon.

4 Current Third place sides have 3 points with the top 2 third place sides qualifying for the next round.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Be dangerous if Dannyboy whallops Macca....

Actually it Dannyboy beats Macca and Jorvik only gets a draw, Dannyboy goes through. 4 points might be enough to go through as a highest ranked 3rd place side but not with a goal difference of - 6.

12 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Terrific. Cup glory is out of the window and mid table obscurity in the Championship. It can't go on; big decisions to make staff- and player-wise.

Come on @Bristolatic you have got to be professional and beat @Laticfanatic so that I qualify (even if I stuff up).

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

No idea what is going on 😂

Is it a cup match today?

49 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Yes, you’re playing against SE Latics. You beat LaticsPete 6-5 in your last group game.

What @lookersstandandy failed to tell you. 

That by my calculations you have already qualified for the next round see the unofficial tables here 

The 2nd round game(s) are Stevenage (H) and if the score is a draw the replay is Cambridge (a). 

You may want to put a Prediction in for both of those games now. 

1 hour ago, Ex_pat said:

Come on @Bristolatic you have got to be professional and beat @Laticfanatic so that I qualify (even if I stuff up).

They're playing for their futures at this club today. Another performance like the last two and some of the yoofs will get their chance.

I can feel a rousing pre-match speech from the Captain coming up this afternoon. "Now, get out there and put in a performance to make those fans go home happy."

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

They're playing for their futures at this club today. Another performance like the last two and some of the yoofs will get their chance.

I can feel a rousing pre-match speech from the Captain coming up this afternoon. "Now, get out there and put in a performance to make those fans go home happy."

Think you’re doing yourself a disservice here Bristol. I only edged our thriller with a last minute attendance reveal. 

Results - Crewe (a)

GROUP A

GravityGrave 3-12 BP1960

Oafc1895 4-7 Handsy

GROUP B

Lawman 3-3 GlossopLatic

Runningman 4-4 DavidCollinge

GROUP C

Ex_pat 6-7 nzlatic

Bristolatic 6-8 Latics_fanatic

GROUP D

singe 3-6 JohnnyPimp

SAV 3-9 al_bro

GROUP E

JoeP 11-4 pjkent

milnrow latics 6-6  maximus1267

GROUP F

stevesidg 3-6 a259

Stevie_J 4-1 Hometownclub

GROUP G

Brisbaneblue 6-2 LaticsPete

Monty Burns 6-9 south east latic

GROUP H

josh_latics 0-4 Ryan

astottie 6-8 youngen  

GROUP I

daniel 0-0 Ak's11

rudemedic 6-0 mcfluff1985

*rudemedic was the only one to submit a prediction in this Group!

GROUP J

Nohairdontcare 6-5 leeslover

disjointed 6-1 Lee Sinnott 

GROUP K

Jorvik_latic 3-9 Kusunga_is_God

dannyboy5555 3-2 Macca 

GROUP L

rosa 6-0 oafcprozac

maddog 6-5 Mick26

GROUP M

oafcmetty 9-1 HarryBosch

GROUP N

Benja 6-3 Dave_Og

GROUP O

lookersstandandy 1-0 aidan_latics

*aidan's late edit cost him big and handed LSA the win.

Tables to follow...

40 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Results - Crewe (a)

GROUP I

daniel 0-0 Ak's11

rudemedic 6-0 mcfluff1985

*rudemedic was the only one to submit a prediction in this Group!

Tables to follow...

Despite reaping the benefit of 2 competitors not predicting a single game, thereby meaning I qualified at the half-time whistle at Crawley. I still maintain that going forward there needs to be some form of preliminary competition to eliminate all those who don't post regularly prior to the group stage. This should ensure the value of the competition is retained and PL teams can't effectively field a poor team selection as they are ensured of qualification. I'm happy to help organise this (unlike some who suggest changes knowing full well they don't have to help implement them). 

My 15 Goals scored stands up against most sides across the 3 games though. 

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Despite reaping the benefit of 2 competitors not predicting a single game, thereby meaning I qualified at the half-time whistle at Crawley. I still maintain that going forward there needs to be some form of preliminary competition to eliminate all those who don't post regularly prior to the group stage. This should ensure the value of the competition is retained and PL teams can't effectively field a poor team selection as they are ensured of qualification. I'm happy to help organise this (unlike some who suggest changes knowing full well they don't have to help implement them). 

My 15 Goals scored stands up against most sides across the 3 games though. 

Easy to score when the opposition don't turn up. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Easy to score when the opposition don't turn up. 

Actually it isn't. It's easy/mandatory to keep a clean sheet. Scoring 15 goals shows Prediction form. As the opposition have no effect on how many points (goals) you get. Otherwise LSA would have won his game by more than 1-0.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Actually it isn't. It's easy/mandatory to keep a clean sheet. Scoring 15 goals shows Prediction form. As the opposition have no effect on how many points (goals) you get. Otherwise LSA would have won his game by more than 1-0.

🙄

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

An element of showboating by LSA, tougher times ahead coming face to face with the opposition.