Prediction League Cup 2018/19

Stevie_J

Here are the final group tables. 

The top two from each group go through to the knockout stage.  @stevesidg and Premier League frontrunner, @Ex_pat scrape through as the best third-place finishers.

You have to feel for @BP1960 and @Bristolatic, who each finish bottom of their respective groups despite notching 15 prediction points apiece - Bristolatic without registering a single group point!

@al_bro, @south east latic, @youngen @maddog and @rudemedic all come through the group stage with three wins out of three, although the latter's route was made easier by no opponent registering a point against him.  @mcfluff1985 qualified from the same group with only 5 prediction points over the three games.  @Benja and @lookersstandandy also progress with a 100% record from their smaller three-player groups.

Also through are @Handsy, @Oafc1895, @DavidCollinge, Lawman, @Latics_Fanatic, @nzlatic, @JohnnyPimp, @milnrow latics, @JoeP, @a259, @Stevie_J (and it's the most he's had to cheer about all season), @Monty Burns, @astottie, @Nohairdontcare, @disjointed, @Kusunga_Is_God, @Macca, @mick26, @oafcmetty, @HarryBosch, @Latics and England and @yarddog73

image.png

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

Here are the final group tables. 

The top two from each group go through to the knockout stage.  @stevesidg and Premier League frontrunner, @Ex_pat scrape through as the best third-place finishers.

You have to feel for @BP1960 and @Bristolatic, who each finish bottom of their respective groups despite notching 15 prediction points apiece - Bristolatic without registering a single group point!

@al_bro, @south east latic, @youngen @maddog and @rudemedic all come through the group stage with three wins out of three, although the latter's route was made easier by no opponent registering a point against him.  @mcfluff1985 qualified from the same group with only 5 prediction points over the three games.  @Benja and @lookersstandandy also progress with a 100% record from their smaller three-player groups.

Also through are @Handsy, @Oafc1895, @DavidCollinge, Lawman, @Latics_Fanatic, @nzlatic, @JohnnyPimp, @milnrow latics, @JoeP, @a259, @Stevie_J (and it's the most he's had to cheer about all season), @Monty Burns, @astottie, @Nohairdontcare, @disjointed, @Kusunga_Is_God, @Macca, @mick26, @oafcmetty, @HarryBosch, @Latics and England and @yarddog73

image.png

People have moaned about me for years now . If only i wasn’t so lazy I would be storming the actual league.

19 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Rumour has it that a steward's enquiry is ongoing, looking at some agressive mirroring of a cup opponent's prediction for the Crewe game, to ensure qualification from the group stage...

Kick the bastards out, it might be cut throat but sporting etiquette comes into it. None of your cheating diving foreign types on here.

Rumour has it that a steward's enquiry is ongoing, looking at some agressive mirroring of a cup opponent's prediction for the Crewe game, to ensure qualification from the group stage...

That could be me. But I never have a clue what anyone else has put - difficult enough working out my own thoughts without trawling through other people's. And who has time for any of that tactical shit anyway!?

4 minutes ago, maddog said:

That could be me. But I never have a clue what anyone else has put - difficult enough working out my own thoughts without trawling through other people's. And who has time for any of that tactical shit anyway!?

maddog... 

...it’s not you. 

You were already through anyway!

Here goes...

Despite his late edit, we've decided to allow @aidan_latics' prediction for the Crewe game to stand, since his cup opponent @lookersstandandy edited several times to mirror his prediction, which pushed aidan's last edit beyong the usual cut off time.  As this was still well ahead of kick-off time, in light of the extenuating circumstances, his prediction will count and he therefore won the cup fixture 5-1.

This creates another problem, as LSA drops to second place in the group and @yarddog73 drops out of a qualification spot.  LSA's actions may not have been against the rules (which clearly I will need to address next season!) but bring the prediction game into disrepute.

Therefore, @lookersstandandy will play off against @yarddog73 for the final qualification spot with tonight's game against Morecombe.  If level on points, closest attendance prediction wins.

5 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

This creates another problem, as LSA drops to second place in the group and @yarddog73 drops out of a qualification spot.  LSA's actions may not have been against the rules (which clearly I will need to address next season!) but bring the prediction game into disrepute.

Leeds' spying wasn't against the rules but they still got punished. Kick Andy out :grin: :wink: 

26 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Jesus wept. What are we running here? A premier predicting competition or a fkin kindergarten? Rules is rules. I’m consulting lawyers....

Spirit of the game, you've been nailed. Well done Stevie, integrity wins the day. 

Here goes...

Despite his late edit, we've decided to allow @aidan_latics' prediction for the Crewe game to stand, since his cup opponent @lookersstandandy edited several times to mirror his prediction, which pushed aidan's last edit beyong the usual cut off time.  As this was still well ahead of kick-off time, in light of the extenuating circumstances, his prediction will count and he therefore won the cup fixture 5-1.

Therefore, @lookersstandandy will play off against @yarddog73 for the final qualification spot with tonight's game against Morecombe.  If level on points, closest attendance prediction wins.

Is there any way of hiding posts until the deadline? Probably not, without a load of faff for you guys. Well, you Stevie. 

Going forward, for cup games, do we need a tacit agreement about late edits between cup competitors?

After all this playing for a draw won't be of benefit unless it is a replay. 

I'd like to offer a formal apology for my role is this sorid affair, firstly because I put the 'unofficial' tables up. (Although it shouldn't beyond most people to work out what they needed in the final game, especially if you were only in a group of 3).

Secondly because of his cup form, funny that one isn't it, I paid for @lookersstandandy entry into the competition. 

4 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Going forward, for cup games, do we need a tacit agreement about late edits between cup competitors?

After all this playing for a draw won't be of benefit unless it is a replay. 

I'd like to offer a formal apology for my role is this sorid affair, firstly because I put the 'unofficial' tables up. (Although it shouldn't beyond most people to work out what they needed in the final game, especially if you were only in a group of 3).

Secondly because of his cup form, funny that one isn't it, I paid for @lookersstandandy entry into the competition. 

Perhaps the money he saved was used for coaching lessons off 24hrs.

3 hours ago, maddog said:

Is there any way of hiding posts until the deadline? Probably not, without a load of faff for you guys. Well, you Stevie. 

Only admins can post that way unfortunately. And, if I do it, not only is it a massive ballache, it also gets in the way of people’s ability to edit.