Jump to content

MOTM Yeovil (H)  

109 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's your Man of the Match?

    • Iversen
      0
    • Hamer
      0
    • Clarke
      0
    • Edmundson
      0
    • Nepomuceno
      6
    • Lang
      2
    • Missilou
      39
    • Maouche
      1
    • Branger-Engone
      55
    • Baxter
      6
    • Dearnley
      0
    • Hunt
      0
    • Sylla
      0
    • O'Grady
      1


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Tough one. Baxter, Nepo, Branger-Getgone and Missile all outstanding

Edmondson did little wrong and his distribution was much better, won every header he competed for and had their No 9 in his pocket most of the night.

 

Still went for Missilou though :grin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Edmondson did little wrong and his distribution was much better, won every header he competed for and had their No 9 in his pocket most of the night.

 

Still went for Missilou though :grin:

Yep he was great too. I went missile as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rosa said:

Branger Engone, and not just to annoy @lookersstandandy. He was an absolute powerhouse. Another brilliant game for both Missilou and Maouche as well. 

 

Ha. How could it possibly annoy me that he gets MOM.... I hope he gets MOM every week and earns us £30m when he goes to Real Madrid. He only annoys me when he plays and doesn’t deserve to... which has been many times this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

 

Ha. How could it possibly annoy me that he gets MOM.... I hope he gets MOM every week and earns us £30m when he goes to Real Madrid. He only annoys me when he plays and doesn’t deserve to... which has been many times this season.

Maybe he's always deserved his place just needed to get up to proper match fitness?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He was better than normal to be fair.

Him and Nepomuceno had their right flank on toast. While it’s obvious Nepomuceno is a better winger than full back he has usually performed well at full back.

 

Branger cutting inside giving room for Nepomuceno to overlap is a ploy that teams at this level will find very hard to stop. Branger got lots of joy when he cut inside or was narrow to begin with.

Edited by rudemedic
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone for Branger. It was a close call with Missilou, Nepomuceno, Edmundson and Baxter outstanding. I've long thought Branger would never make the grade, but his link up with Nepomuceno and his ability to take defenders on has been a revelation.

Edited by Bristolatic
Spelling mistake
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Was Branger better than normal or was he up against a woeful fullback? He’s showed promise before but has normally been found out rather sharpish...

Im pretty sure he was up against a left footed right back for most of the game. Not sure if that is relevant or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, astottie said:

Im pretty sure he was up against a left footed right back for most of the game. Not sure if that is relevant or not. 

The reverse of when he played mostly as a right winger at Doncaster

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, astottie said:

Im pretty sure he was up against a left footed right back for most of the game. Not sure if that is relevant or not. 

If anything that should help the defender as Branger cutting inside would mean coming on to the defender's strongest side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

If anything that should help the defender as Branger cutting inside would mean coming on to the defender's strongest side.

To be honest he had that defender doing the river dance for much of the second half on either foot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

To be honest he had that defender doing the river dance for much of the second half on either foot.

It was great to watch, hope he can carry on doing the same till the end of the season

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...