Diego Cervero = God!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just loved this fella - shame it didnt work out here - thanks for keeping us all updated on his progress - may have a snoop around Oviedo's websites and see how he has been doing - DIEGO WHOA WHOA WHOA HO!

Now we're struggling for chants for our strikers. Then we had the chant ready (and SJ had plans for all the merchandise) but sadly no striker! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

This is my 2,000th post on here, so it needs to be a special one. What better than to show a new Diego Cervero video to celebrate his return to his beloved Real Oviedo where he is acclaimed as ‘God’ by the fans.

Mrs Sideburns and I hope to make a trip over there this season to see the great man in action.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5zeoKYmCgAU

• 2 weeks later...

Diego Cervero news update:

He’s having a cracking start to the season having scored in every league game – last Sunday he bagged two, with two assists, and he is the league’s top scorer. Real Oviedo are top of the table with maximum points, having played one game less than their rivals.

Clips of recent goals:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T03fZOlUn9Y

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_YyVsb6q450&...ted&search=

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WjuD43aj5E8

• 5 weeks later...
Remind me again why we didn't sign him up?

Because Shez didn't rate him. Shez covered any possible second thoughts he may have been having when put on the spot at the auction of Diego's shirts, by joking that "he was crap", but he qualified his comment by saying what a nice lad he was, but not what he was looking for at the time. Shez knows best, but I can dream about Diego putting away all the chances we're creating.

So Sean Jarvis's orders for artificial sideburns and sombreros had to be cancelled. I saw the two young lads again at the Cobblers' game wearing what may have been the sample sombrerors! :grin:

Diego still follows our progress via one of our members based in Spain.

We've had many worse strikers than this guy over the years, and what a character he is.

A lot of fluid has gone down the BP urinals since I spotted Diego at Prenton Park last season and asked if he was going to sign for us. He said "I hope so" and the rest is history.

The Latics' legend that never was - the stuff that dreams are made of. Happy days of excitement, expectation and hope while they lasted! :grin:

Oh for a character like Diego at BP, whatever his weakness may be he plays with passion and scores. Appears to be first to the ball when it breaks free and can head a ball, weighs about 4 stone less than Ricketts so the old hes fat and slow don't hold water, he can jump high enough to win enough headers. Shez biggest mistake? possibly not at least giving the lad a go, what was there to lose.

Still a legend as the best tic never to actually play for us for real. Sign him up.

Looks like he can attack the ball from a decent cross.

Already more than our current lot do (apart from Trottman)

Oh wait the decent cross is a problem also, sign Oviedos winger! :lol:

Edited by Butter

• 4 weeks later...

He looked a class act when i watched him in the reserves vs blackpool at fleetwood town's ground, its a shame Shez let him go because he looks a natural goal scorer, he is idolised in Oviedo. How long have Oviedo been in the third tier of spanish football? they have a massive stadium as well, surely a sleeping giant in spanish football

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...