Scholes gone

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Is  there a market up for next manager?

3/1 Charlie Carolli

5/1 Bernard Manning

6/1 Jim Bowen

8/1 Les Dawson

12/1 Marcel Marsaud (#Frenchlad - worth a punt)

Let the dead rest in peace, I wouldn't wish this mess on them 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Are you ok? 😂

I couldn’t care less about his word. I’ve never met the man.  I was merely offering opinion on what I thought he might do next. 

of course I'm not ok.  I  think it's  a long odds on shot that the club I have supported for around 52 years and the club that my Dad and his Dad supported all their lives won't be around much longer.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Lets just wait until we hear whatvthe trust have to say about this.

But what needs to happen is we need to rally together and organise now and try and get the owner out of the football club.

That was a little joke.

On the serious point, I profoundly agree with you. 

Just now, Senor_Coconut said:

I mentioned the need for direct action months ago. protests, walkouts, tennis balls thrown on the pitch disrupting play.

This  is a carbon copy of the Leyton Orient situation.

No one has wanted to do it in the past because everyone's been happy with mediocrity and berating others for thinking that we should have any aspirations of doing well and then going on to reference Stockport.

This has to be the final straw anyone excusing this is a disgrace. Anyone turning up on Saturday is a disgrace.

When Scholes took the job, he said in his first interview that had the last word on players coming in and going out. Everyone started with a clean slate.

He appeared to have no qualms about dropping Branger to the bench and seemed to be selecting his own team. Although it wasn't perfect, at least it looked as though it was his own ideas.

Has that now caused a verbal punch up with Abdallah? Has Abdallah started to tell Scholes who to pick and who to play? If so, it's no surprise that he's walked.

If AL asks PW to take over to the end of the season, he'd be mad to take it, but I guess he could be facing the sack if he refuses. 

Where does this leave Mick Priest? Does he walk as well?  If not, would he stand up to AL? 

I imagine our next manager will be either someone who is desperate for a job and will work under any circumstances, or some unknown French bloke from the 6th division.

I'll still continue to support the club. It's in my blood, but there's a sour taste right now.

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

No one has wanted to do it in the past because everyone's been happy with mediocrity and berating others for thinking that we should have any aspirations of doing well and then going on to reference Stockport.

This has to be the final straw anyone excusing this is a disgrace. Anyone turning up on Saturday is a disgrace.

Turning up is a disgrace?  I’ll have the rest of your post, but not that. I’ll be there as should any fan concerned with/for the club.   Blackpool fans not turning up didn’t get Oyston out. A legal case by the other owner did. Otherwise Oyston would still be there. 

I suppose in the same way that I would question Paul Scholes on his ability as a manager.

I thought we were at least looking forward to a period for better or worse when the manager and his staff would run the football but it seems that was not the case.  Hats off to Scholes for walking away.

I suppose someone will want the job but why would you?

1 minute ago, OldHallam said:

Well at 60 I have supported club 56 years through thick and ultra thin however not seen many games this season Macclesfield away was shit being with Macc fans (sons in laws) 

You laugh move on Typical Latics..... BUT tonight I am done 100% Will never set foot in BP again whilst this tosser is associated with club. To see Corney being defended is also comedy gold. He put us in this mess as wanted out. The crisis has been coming many years. The Evans saga "care in community esque" was a turning point and down down deeper and down. Will I ever return probably not the links broken.  

Scholes well his words are damming but predictable. The future to be honest right now couldnt give a flying F...  

Will say thanks for the chats and humour since board started lots of genuine people on here and care about club. The fans deserve better and always have. Always will but lost another supporter tonight. Frankly better things to do than pay money into a black hole with zero purpose. Will take some doing to get me back. 

For those sticking with it admiration. But dont slag off those that have had enough it hurts when club is only one you have ever supported. 

Agree 100%.  But don’t slag of those that do stick with it either, as some are already doing. 

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, heard at weekend he felt as though Abdallah had pulled his pants down. The owner hasn't got a pot to piss in, this is only going one way, I am glad I haven't renewed my season ticket yet. 

4 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Well I suppose there might just be a french speaking hermit football manager on Curacao who could take the job if only we could reach him.

Saturday will be fun.

Pete Wild in a difficult place now.

if its wild has priest jumped as well ? 

Archived