14 hours ago, League one forever said:

When will you all realise it’s not about the football or the division??? 

We’re all hurting because the club feels lost. The community feels lost. Get that back and it doesn’t matter what division we’re in. Look at Wimbledon. 

I wish people would stop stressing about League footballl. An concentrate on getting our identity back. 

The only people who can put the "community" feeling into it are the fans and they can do it despite the owner and his failings. It can be in the form of protest [which, it seems, they cannot agree on] or to just be fans together and vocally support the team on the pitch. I'm sorry, but in my opinion it is about the football, as that is what the fans go for and pay to watch. When I first began supporting this club, I went purely for the football, I didn't have a clue or an interest in what the directors were doing or the ins-and-outs of the club staff. I didn't care, it was just about the football, being entertained, being part of the crowd and hopefully winning.

By the way, I am not "hurting".
Frustrated at times, maybe, but it is football, only football and it occupies my Saturdays and sometimes my Tuesday evenings.

I am not saying you are wrong to feel how you do, however, not everybody is the same.
You need to realise that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bozman said:

When you've worked or done business  in the Arab world you get a feel for just how important saving face is in that culture. It really is extremely important to them.

I understand what you are saying and if this is the case, then ultimately, he has to succeed. 
It's just a case of how, when and what he 'succeeds' in doing.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The only people who can put the "community" feeling into it are the fans and they can do it despite the owner and his failings. It can be in the form of protest [which, it seems, they cannot agree on] or to just be fans together and vocally support the team on the pitch. I'm sorry, but in my opinion it is about the football, as that is what the fans go for and pay to watch. When I first began supporting this club, I went purely for the football, I didn't have a clue or an interest in what the directors were doing or the ins-and-outs of the club staff. I didn't care, it was just about the football, being entertained, being part of the crowd and hopefully winning.

By the way, I am not "hurting".
Frustrated at times, maybe, but it is football, only football and it occupies my Saturdays and sometimes my Tuesday evenings.

I am not saying you are wrong to feel how you do, however, not everybody is the same.

Of course not everybody is the same. 

Doesn’t mean i wont challenge their view on a football forum. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course not everybody is the same. 

Doesn’t mean i wont challenge their view on a football forum. 

Hence my saying that you are not wrong to feel that way.

It's all subjective.

17 minutes ago, bozman said:

When you've worked or done business  in the Arab world you get a feel for just how important saving face is in that culture. It really is extremely important to them.

That may be. It’s still only a theory though. 

16 hours ago, League one forever said:

When will you all realise it’s not about the football or the division??? 

We’re all hurting because the club feels lost. The community feels lost. Get that back and it doesn’t matter what division we’re in. Look at Wimbledon. 

I wish people would stop stressing about League footballl. An concentrate on getting our identity back. 

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂

Nice try Harry. 

It was a genuine question - what is this identity we should concentrate on getting back? What do you mean by "the community feels lost"? I live in it, I don't know what you mean...

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂

We’re good at winning football matches aren’t we? 

The crowds are flocking down to watch us finish as high as possible.  

Season tickets are on the up, because all people care about is watching french 4th division players. 

We sack managers in our thirst for promotion. 

Fuck the bills, the staff, as long as we win. . . . 

Yeah. It’s all about the football. 

Best you've ever been this.

Some of our folk will never get it.

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂

We’re good at winning football matches aren’t we? 

The crowds are flocking down to watch us finish as high as possible.  

Season tickets are on the up, because all people care about is watching french 4th division players. 

We sack managers in our thirst for promotion. 

Fuck the bills, the staff, as long as we win. . . . 

Yeah. It’s all about the football. 

You'll have to explain this one to me, mate.

We're not good at winning football matches - that's my point.  If we start winning football matches, then the club will no longer be "lost" and the community will be brought together because the team are winning.

Season tickets for next season stand at about 800 apparently, which is down on by this season by quite a lot.  

Not sure what you're getting at.  If we're winning football matches then surely the club is doing OK?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

We're not good at winning football matches - that's my point.  If we start winning football matches, then the club will no longer be "lost" and the community will be brought together because the team are winning.

Season tickets for next season stand at about 800 apparently, which is down on by this season by quite a lot.  

Not sure what you're getting at.  If we're winning football matches then surely the club is doing OK?

It was just shy of 1000 by the seat secure deadline of late March wasn’t it? 

14 minutes ago, JoeP said:

l

Bury were winning football matches, but at what cost?

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

l

Bury were winning football matches, but at what cost?

What a strange example to disprove my theory..

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can win every game but still be tainted. Some will be ok with that, others see bigger picture.

If we get to the Premiership by winning every game, I reckon even the "some" will have to abandon their principles.

The way we're being run is abhorrent, but the fact is, we're a football club who's success depends on winning games of football.

Win games of football and at worst we're going to be more appealing to potential buyers and at best might, you know, win stuff.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JoeP said:

16 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Can win every game but still be tainted. Some will be ok with that, others see bigger picture.

What Eyrsey said. 

I will add this, the chances of success under AL are very slim. Fractured clubs don’t tend to do well. Blackpool is really good example. They went up despite all the off field stuff, and played in front 2000 fans. Why? If it’s all about success? Surely by your way of thinking they should of had bumper crowds on the back of a promotion but they didn’t. 

For lots of small clubs they are at the heart of the community, they want to see it thrive in every aspect. Not just at 3pm on Saturday. Seasons ticket sales aren’t down because we are out of form. Or not in the playoffs. (In fact they went up after we got relegated last season) They are down because people have become weary/apathetic to how the club is run. 

It will need a sustained period of quiet and stability for a lot of fans to come round IMO. 

Will we get it? Probably not. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

What Eyrsey said. 

I will add this, the chances of success under AL are very slim. Fractured clubs don’t tend to do well. Blackpool is really good example. They went up despite all the off field stuff, and played in front 2000 fans. Why? If it’s all about success? Surely by your way of thinking they should of had bumper crowds on the back of a promotion but they didn’t. 

For lots of small clubs they are at the heart of the community, they want to see it thrive in every aspect. Not just at 3pm on Saturday. Seasons ticket sales aren’t down because we are out of form. Or not in the playoffs. (In fact they went up after we got relegated last season) They are down because people have become weary/apathetic to how the club is run. 

It will need a sustained period of quiet and stability for a lot of fans to come round IMO. 

Will we get it? Probably not. 

The thing is that Blackpool have stayed in the league through all their trouble.  They appear to be coming out of the other side of it - would they have got through it if they'd have dropped out of the league?  I'm not so sure..

Fair point about their crowds, but it seems to have been an absolute saga there.

I just can't comprehend this idea that we'll drop down a few divisions to the relative abyss and rebuild and come back.  History tells us that that just doesn't happen here.  If we're in the league, we'll remain relevant and we'll be more appealing to the right people to come in and build the club up to one the community can get behind and be proud of.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:37 PM, JoeP said:

I agree, but this "we can rebuild the club when the owner's gone and is playing on Clayton Fields" attitude is an absolute fallacy.

If the last 25 years has taught us nothing else it's that's this club is, for whatever reason, incapable of bouncing back after a relegation.

Relegation out of the league is not something we should be entertaining the idea of at all and should, in my opinion, be avoided at all costs.

Out of interest. It's 25 Years ago to the day.... from THAT day. [Shudders].... maybe the football gods have punished us enough now and will let us make the Play Offs and visit Wembley for a 3rd time lucky. 🙏

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Out of interest. It's 25 Years ago to the day.... from THAT day. [Shudders].... maybe the football gods have punished us enough now and will let us make the Play Offs and visit Wembley for a 3rd time lucky. 🙏

ah that's a relief, I thought it was the grim reaper causing the constant cold draft I've been feeling today.....it's just the ghost of volleys past :(

Strange that nobody has suggested a post match sit in protest like we did for Lees's that time.

Many are reluctant to boycott for various reasons. This would allow everybody to both support the team and express their concern/unhappiness.

I'll be going back to the pub like but, just an idea for the rest of you......

Edited by HarryBosch

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Strange that nobody has suggested a post match sit in protest like we did for Lees's that time.

Many are reluctant to boycott for various reasons. This would allow everybody to both support the team and express their concern/unhappiness.

I'll be going back to the pub like but, just an idea for the rest of you......

Given that I have a 200 mile trip back down the motorway I think I’ll skip the ‘sit in protest’ but...given that tomorrow is the final day set by the Trust for receiving a response from Abdallah to the recent letter, I’m waiting for that deadline to pass before I decide whether to put my protest into action...

52 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Given that I have a 200 mile trip back down the motorway I think I’ll skip the ‘sit in protest’ 

Surely an extra 15 minutes would make less difference to your already long day than someone who wants to get back to Chadderton for their tea, relatively speaking....? 

19 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Surely an extra 15 minutes would make less difference to your already long day than someone who wants to get back to Chadderton for their tea, relatively speaking....? 

Nah - meeting some friends at 8:30 in the local and I don't want to be late as they're paying 😉