9 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think it’s utterly pathetic and somewhat selfish.

Not everyone will want to protest or challenge the owner When Wimbledon moved from South London some of their fans still supported the team that moved to MK.

The fact of the matter is though their is strong enough feeling on this board and social media to challenge the owner through boycotting or protest. Much stronger than at any point during Corneys reign as a result I think something can be done.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All valid point and these are my thoughts as a fan (trust hat off) and throwing it out there

1) Strength of support of action, (what's the point if only a few X amount of fans are prepared to do something?)

2) What is the action(s)

3) What's the purpose of the action...the end results/agenda

4) timescales

5) Outside club support. 

Trust hat on.

Like Andy B has posted we are looking to get a meeting of minds together on a proposed date of 1st April. TBA on location, time, agenda and even if we can bring it forward.

Andy B is also one of the Trust contacts with Supporters Direct and I am sure we will be seeking advice and guidance from them.

Trust people are listening to all the fan feedback, on this site, Face book sites, twitter ect as frequently as we can and will keep you all posted

Thanks

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why not Saturday? We have no game... People will be looking for something to do.

Time to get a plan together for the Grimsby game. Everyone will have moved on by the 1st. 

Good idea I will see

all for some sort of protest as AL needs to go. i dont believe he was left a great club but he's not the man at all we need and things are going worse. also not up for total boycot of the game, we cant stop people going and they have paid money for tickets. coming in late so kick off is in an empty stadium would be as far as i could see game boycott going. best done at the TV game.

throwing things on the pitch isnt ideal either as can unsettle the team. maybe just do the normal and produce a big banner with AL out on it and protest in front of him during the game so he stop attending. 

40 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why not Saturday? We have no game... People will be looking for something to do.

Time to get a plan together for the Grimsby game. Everyone will have moved on by the 1st. 

This is about establishing a strategy to make feelings known to the owner. It plays out over a period of weeks, months and possibly longer. 

It’s not about a single day or protest but a coordinated action plan, part of which might be visible match day protesting. There is no drive for the meet to happen immediately and 1st is a matter of days away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

This is why nothing will change.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We don't all think like him fortunately.

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think it’s utterly pathetic and somewhat selfish.

C***s like you two that think shouting down at those that still want to go and watch will be beneficial. 

You're not above people who don't boycott as much as you may think you are.

Neither of you will likely do anything useful anyway. 

22 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Nothing will happen Andy. The club is sleep-walking into oblivion. 

Should be looking into the creation of a phoenix club. 

You’re worried we’re ‘sleepwalking into oblivion’ yet want us to make an entirely new club?

Interesting

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

C***s like you two that think shouting down at those that still want to go and watch will be beneficial. 

Splendid :lol:

If you don't want to boycott or protest don't but if you want things to change then one or other will have to be done and by enough people.

We can't just say to The Trust you sort it out either it's got to be a good chunk of the supporters base coming together to force change.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Of course if you want to attend the game I would understand, but I think voting with feet will make this guy stop and think.

Just a reminder to him and his brother that fans are extremely unhappy.

I love this club but I'm prepared to skip a game if it gets his attention in the strongest possible way.

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Surely the game to boycott, if any, is the Mansfield TV match, even Sky wouldn’t be able to ignore the fact that the crowd only consisted of 500 Mansfield fans!!

Theyd actively welcome it if anything. They hardly picked us for our scintillating atmosphere, and it would help with their narrative around Scholes

5 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Theyd actively welcome it if anything. They hardly picked us for our scintillating atmosphere, and it would help with their narrative around Scholes

Not sure they would I'm not sure they actively bought us to become public enemy number 1 in a random town in Northern England.

1 hour ago, Greenfield Latic said:

Hire a spot on the electronic advertising boards around the pitch with the hoardings reading 'LEMSAGAM OUT' - done on the day of the televised match v Mansfield.

I would love it if that was flying round on live TV. Just love it! 

No apologies for pinching that from Keegan (Kevin, that is)

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The Tramps game has been rearranged for the 2nd which will affect the number of people who can make a meeting on the 1st and make it difficult to arrange something effective at 24 hour’s notice. 

A meeting this coming Saturday feels like a better option to me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Boycott next home game to the extent we get a record low crowd. This needs to be a concerted, massively publicised effort. As shit as it is I don't want to miss a game, & moreso I don't want my lad to while he's so into it, but there's a bigger picture...

Those who have already renewed season tickets to ask for refunds.

Those of us who haven't to not renew. Do we contact the club by letter or email and inform them that we won't be renewing and explain why?

Does he have any other business interests as far as anyone knows? 

As much as he seems to not have a clue what he's doing and, therefore, as much as it would be best if he went - it took Corney all those years to find a buyer so we have to assume AL won't be able to sell quickly either so should we be making specific, reasonable demands of him (probably via the Trust) that would make us happy to renew/attend? eg, the appointment of an experienced football Chief Exec to run the club properly? 

I remember him being interviewed when he first took over, it may have been on GMR, and he said that he had, but didn't elaborate.

As for protesting - This board is only used by a very small number of fans. An ideal way to inform more fans would have been via the Chron.but I suspect it's readership has drastically shrunk since it went online. I don't know if the Oldham Times is read widely by fans or not. It may be worth while getting them involved when it has been decided what to do.

20 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Those of us who haven't to not renew. Do we contact the club by letter or email and inform them that we won't be renewing and explain why?

I don't know whether I'm a bit psychic (!) and had a premonition of doom, but this is the email I sent the day before PS quit! I just sent it to the email address featuring on the club website and put "FAO Abdallah Lemsagam" in the heading. I`ve not had a reply as yet; I eagerly await one 😟

Dear Mr Lemsagam,

I hope you are enjoying spending some time in our lovely town of Oldham and that the weather is not upsetting you too much! I have been a Latics' supporter for many years and I really do appreciate the situation you inherited on purchasing the club. I am, however, for the first time in many years, considering not renewing my season ticket. My reasons are:-

1) The standard of football is currently poor i.e. our own performances and in this division generally.
2) The matchday experience at Boundary Park is poor - I could list many reasons why.
3) Most importantly, I have no idea what our plans are. The fans are the lifeblood of the club and good communication is vital. I was pleased with the appointment of Paul Scholes but he has inherited a very poor squad indeed and we all know a mass clearout of players is required at the end of this season.

IF an announcement were to be made regarding, for example, the fact we intend to invest heavily in the summer in recruiting players, sorting the pitch out etc. I would have no hesitation in renewing my season ticket. In the absence of any communication, we just seem to be drifting into football obscurity.

I am not a fan to heckle or moan but there really does need to be some channel of communication in order that the fans can see a bright future. If not, I fear that fans will desert the club in their droves. "New manager bounce" should have seen us on the fringes of the playoffs - for whatever reason, the positive response from the team to our new manager has not happened and we look awful at present.

I really hope you do take these comments on board; you need the support of the fans and communication is vital.

Yours sincerely
  • Like 1