4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not sure they would I'm not sure they actively bought us to become public enemy number 1 in a random town in Northern England.

They took the game on because of Scholes, now that narrative has run on. An obvious protest would give them something to talk about.

40 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I don't know whether I'm a bit psychic (!) and had a premonition of doom, but this is the email I sent the day before PS quit! I just sent it to the email address featuring on the club website and put "FAO Abdallah Lemsagam" in the heading. I`ve not had a reply as yet; I eagerly await one 😟

Dear Mr Lemsagam,

I hope you are enjoying spending some time in our lovely town of Oldham and that the weather is not upsetting you too much! I have been a Latics' supporter for many years and I really do appreciate the situation you inherited on purchasing the club. I am, however, for the first time in many years, considering not renewing my season ticket. My reasons are:-

1) The standard of football is currently poor i.e. our own performances and in this division generally.
2) The matchday experience at Boundary Park is poor - I could list many reasons why.
3) Most importantly, I have no idea what our plans are. The fans are the lifeblood of the club and good communication is vital. I was pleased with the appointment of Paul Scholes but he has inherited a very poor squad indeed and we all know a mass clearout of players is required at the end of this season.

IF an announcement were to be made regarding, for example, the fact we intend to invest heavily in the summer in recruiting players, sorting the pitch out etc. I would have no hesitation in renewing my season ticket. In the absence of any communication, we just seem to be drifting into football obscurity.

I am not a fan to heckle or moan but there really does need to be some channel of communication in order that the fans can see a bright future. If not, I fear that fans will desert the club in their droves. "New manager bounce" should have seen us on the fringes of the playoffs - for whatever reason, the positive response from the team to our new manager has not happened and we look awful at present.

I really hope you do take these comments on board; you need the support of the fans and communication is vital.

Yours sincerely

I also had a premonition weirdly, I heard my phone bleep a twitter alert. The thought that popped into head was Scholes is gone...

The Sky televised game is a big opportunity for any protest.

Make it known that a protest is planned and Sky will be compelled to cover it.

Any protest in the ground needs to be light hearted but draw attention to the club so that people ask questions about what is going on.

Charlton fans do this well...no sex toys (No one’s kids need to see that! I took that as a joke idea), just something that can go viral online so that it becomes an issue that people outside of Oldham are interesting in. 

That will get the national media interested and they have a better chance of getting answers.

Sky cameras don’t face the crowd and don’t want to represent the EFL poorly so they won’t make a big deal of people leaving early or being dressed as clowns. They can’t avoid a few thousand tennis balls on a pitch and a stoppage to the game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Boys in Blue said:

The Sky televised game is a big opportunity for any protest.

Make it known that a protest is planned and Sky will be compelled to cover it.

Any protest in the ground needs to be light hearted but draw attention to the club so that people ask questions about what is going on.

Charlton fans do this well...no sex toys (No one’s kids need to see that! I took that as a joke idea), just something that can go viral online so that it becomes an issue that people outside of Oldham are interesting in. 

That will get the national media interested and they have a better chance of getting answers.

Sky cameras don’t face the crowd and don’t want to represent the EFL poorly so they won’t make a big deal of people leaving early or being dressed as clowns. They can’t avoid a few thousand tennis balls on a pitch and a stoppage to the game.

Won’t want to represent the EFL poorly? They are journalists who will love anything like a protest, for £900 you can get a digital board van outside the ground for the day displaying lemsagams out. Would be a talking point. Journos have no real no go zones and if it makes good tv they will go with it. 

Edited by adamoafc

Dear all

I have posted on another thread about Trust trying to arrange a fan meeting this Saturday. More details to follow. 

Its on Trust twitter page to gauge if there is any interest and how we can move forward together. I know not everyone uses twitter...me included. 

Its just a snapshot for now...if you can vote it would be helpful

Thanks

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The contempt towards the fans continues - talk to Sky but keep avoiding a meeting with the Trust.

Wouldnt surprise he got his brother to interfere so he could tell the press that “he” didn’t interfere.  I wonder if Scholes will confirm that he sanctioned Fane’s release, which The Clown is suggesting here.

• Like 1

IMHO best form of protest for now is for season ticket holders to stay away from next couple of home matches,won't effect finances but will show defiance agaist owner when attendances are published.This will be my form of protest.

Edited by pk200
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, pk200 said:

IMHO best form of protest for now is for season ticket holders to stay away from next couple of home matches,won't effect finances but will show defiance agaist owner when attendances are published.This will be my form of protest.

What about non season ticket holders?

1 hour ago, pk200 said:

Attendances include season ticket holders already. See Blackpool 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Attendances include season ticket holders already. See Blackpool 

Really, how many season tickets did we sell for this season? 

I'm sure we had an attendance earlier this season on a Tuesday night that was less than St's sold. 

44 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Really, how many season tickets did we sell for this season? 

I'm sure we had an attendance earlier this season on a Tuesday night that was less than St's sold. 

3409 including 1/2 season tickets around Xmas time.

22 hours ago, pk200 said:

I don't particularly think this will work sufficiently. The best option is to not renew season tickets for now. He won't necessary care about attendances, but he will care about money coming in. We may get some kind of movement from him then.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't particularly think this will work sufficiently. The best option is to not renew season tickets for now. He won't necessary care about attendances, but he will care about money coming in. We may get some kind of movement from him then.  

Haven't I read somewhere that he has said he has made several bids to the landlord for the land but its rejected.

So wouldn't he have the money anyways to keep the club going regardless of whatever financial penalties us fans try?

10 minutes ago, underdog said:

Haven't I read somewhere that he has said he has made several bids to the landlord for the land but its rejected.

So wouldn't he have the money anyways to keep the club going regardless of whatever financial penalties us fans try?

He said he had done this in the Sky interview if I remember correctly, but Simon Blitz may confirm that for you if the Trust are in contact with him. He may also qualify why they are negotiating, or have accepted the bid from the fans group and not AL's. The reason could be because AL's offers were so low that they were totally unacceptable, or that they don't trust him.