• Current season ticket holder - Not now renewing
    • Current season ticket holder - Undecided
    • Regular pay on dayer - Not attending any more home matches
    • Regular pay on dayer - Continuing to attend home matches
    • Regular pay on dayer - Undecided
    • Occasional pay on dayer - Not attending any more home matches
    • Occasional pay on dayer - Continuing to attend
    • Occasional pay on dayer - Undecided
    • Hardly ever attend matches (ie support from afar)

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Take stock first, what is the overall objective. No point showing your hand if there's absolutely nothing to back it up.

Everyone is running around like headless chickens.

Fair.

Notably though, more season ticket holders  are undecided than not renewing, and the pay ont he dayers is a very small sample at the moment.

Slowly slowly killing the club, im undecided what to do next season to renew mine and the daughters season tickets..Im not going tomorrow as im still fuming and fucked off with it all but i know when the time comes and im sat at home on saturday and oldham are at home its going to piss me off more that i havent travelled over for the game..

To get him out we need to starve him of any income, there is a reason why the renewals began early this year and its all for him to fleece what ever he can out of us mugs who actually give a fuck about our club..

He is that self centered and cocky he will turn up at the game tomorrow and just shrug off any obscenities coming his way, he really does not give a fuck about the club or anybody who is part of it..

Edited by fleetwood Blue

Made my decision, so I will amend my vote. I am boycotting tomorrow and my season ticket will not be renewed. 

Thanks Abdallah you cunt (copyright Yarddog73) 

Tried to change my vote but was unable to do so 

Edited by disjointed

Definitely not renewing my season ticket. Will still support Latics though i.e. pay on the day as and when I feel like it or when sanity returns. If sanity (whatever form that takes) returns relatively quickly, then it'll cost me a few quid (because I`ll attend every home game as usual and it will cost me far more.) For me, though, it is far more important to send my own little message to the owner that I am not some fool to be messed about and treated like a cash cow. I think if enough people took a similar view, it might just influence him in a positive way (i.e. will fan power finally make him realise that, if he's staying, to keep well away from team affairs and player recruitment?).

As others have said, no more ancillary spending for me now at matches either - I usually spend about 20 quid a match on overpriced bottled beer and pies - no more until we are on an even keel.

28 minutes ago, kellys_discopants said:

I will be there tomorrow, I've paid for it so might aswell however Iwon't be renewing, a couple of friends are still undecided.

Unless things change in the coming months I intend to donate some of the money that I would have spent on a ST with a donation to the Community Trust to help their ongoing work.

This. Great idea! Pump the money into something that will mean some positives come out of this complete mess. Anyone else on board with this? The community trust do such a good job. 

55 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

Loophole?

Sorry. 

I should have quoted jorvic_latic post. 

I am not sure how the club would be legally obliged to refund a season ticket purchase in a random or general way, but only in specific circumstances. 

If refunds are being made outside certain peramiters it shouldn’t last long - unless nobody is bothering to look. 

17 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

No answer? 

I'm not being funny, just I'm in the 'bought mine last week and now annoyed' group so I was wondering how easy or for that matter difficult, it may or may not be to get my money back .. 

Interested to know what the loophole may or may not be and how long I've got to 'cash in' ha ha 

Just now, mikeroyboy said:

Sorry. 

I should have quoted jorvic_latic post. 

I am not sure how the club would be legally obliged to refund a season ticket purchase in a random or general way, but only in specific circumstances. 

If refunds are being made outside certain peramiters it shouldn’t last long - unless nobody is bothering to look. 

We've posted at the same time lol 

Cheers for the info!

1 minute ago, thetramfixer said:

No answer? 

I'm not being funny, just I'm in the 'bought mine last week and now annoyed' group so I was wondering how easy or for that matter difficult, it may or may not be to get my money back .. 

Interested to know what the loophole may or may not be and how long I've got to 'cash in' ha ha 

Isnt there a 2 week cooling off period with purchases like this? That could be the cut off?

3 minutes ago, maddog said:

Isnt there a 2 week cooling off period with purchases like this? That could be the cut off?

I read a lot of financial stuff but I’ve not heard of that one. You maybe right if you’ve got it in the back of your mind. 

6 minutes ago, maddog said:

I've just found the crappy paper reciept (like the stuff you find in them corner shop/post office/off license style places) and said reciept says it was bought on the 1st so that's the 2 week window gone ha ha

6 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

I've just found the crappy paper reciept (like the stuff you find in them corner shop/post office/off license style places) and said reciept says it was bought on the 1st so that's the 2 week window gone ha ha

Phone up and ask! I have nothing but guesswork!

22 minutes ago, maddog said:

Phone up and ask! I have nothing but guesswork!

To be honest living as close as I do I'll never need to phone!

It's going to be a major decision to get my refund for several reasons, not limited to the great group of people who i sit in or around (won't know till tomorrow what they're planning to do), I have a great seat with a great view which I'd hate to lose and like I say, living behind the Chaddy, it'd be VERY hard to ignore match day lol  ... I've been in that seat 20 years this year ( it was my 1st priority after leaving the RAF ) and a fan a lot longer having missed out on so much in the late 80's/early 90's .. 

I don't have an issue with anyone and what they choose to do, it's just I'm still a little too wound up to make a real n proper decision right now! 

It is what it is, and it'll be what it'll be! 

• Like 2

Wasn’t going to bother getting a ST next year but there is a bigger picture to this. This is my club and plenty of other fans. I’m not being forced from watching a club I love because of some fuck wit who won’t be here in a couple of years. They come and go but we are stuck with the club. 

Unlike bigger clubs, attendances wont just hit the owner financially but the clubs staff and their families meaning the won’t get paid. Catch 22 but I think there is better ways of getting to the owner. 

Edited by adamoafc
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Wasn’t going to bother getting a ST next year but there is a bigger picture to this. This is my club and plenty of other fans. I’m not being forced from watching a club I love because of some fuck wit who won’t be here in a couple of years. They come and go but we are stuck with the club. 

Unlike bigger clubs, attendances wont just hit the owner financially but the clubs staff and their families meaning the won’t get paid. Catch 22 but I think there is better ways of getting to the owner. 

It's a very valid point Adam. 

It really is a catch 22 situation. 

Living in London a season ticket is unfortunstely not a consideration for me. 

But from what I  can see AL does what he wants, and pays who he wants when he wants. 

I fear for the staff and working conditions within the club with a vastly reduced income stream, particularly over the summer months when we rely so heavily in season ticket income to keep things going. No income = no wages etc. 

Unfortunately I think Administration is inevitable now before next season starts and then who knows what will happen and where we will end up. 

It's gonna get a whole worse before things improve I think but I firmly believe like many now is the time to make a stand and we live with the consequences.