• Current season ticket holder - Not now renewing
    • Current season ticket holder - Undecided
    • Regular pay on dayer - Not attending any more home matches
    • Regular pay on dayer - Continuing to attend home matches
    • Regular pay on dayer - Undecided
    • Occasional pay on dayer - Not attending any more home matches
    • Occasional pay on dayer - Continuing to attend
    • Occasional pay on dayer - Undecided
    • Hardly ever attend matches (ie support from afar)

31 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Nothing will change. 

Our fan-base is too apathetic and will eventually give in because they have nothing else to do on a Saturday. 

Thought you’d turned a corner ya boring fuck ? Back to drilling the same points over and over ? People will do what they choose not what you want them to do. 

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Thought you’d turned a corner ya boring fuck ? Back to drilling the same points over and over ? People will do what they choose not what you want them to do. 

If fans just choose to accept what’s happened (which is what is happening) then there is no hope for this football club. 

it’s cliche but without the fans, the club is nothing and if people continue to go and just accept everything as normal then there will be no instigator for change. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

If fans just choose to accept what’s happened (which is what is happening) then there is no hope for this football club. 

it’s cliche but without the fans, the club is nothing and if people continue to go and just accept everything as normal then there will be no instigator for change. 

What is it that you've done to address the issue?

To vote with my feet, as in dont go to games, not ideal but possibly necessary to drill home the point . I am like other supporters very unhappy with this farcical situation. Not sure what else I could but sign any petition etc, wish I had the bloody funds to tip the current out of this fast leaking boat

20 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Wasn’t going to bother getting a ST next year but there is a bigger picture to this. This is my club and plenty of other fans. I’m not being forced from watching a club I love because of some fuck wit who won’t be here in a couple of years. They come and go but we are stuck with the club. 

Unlike bigger clubs, attendances wont just hit the owner financially but the clubs staff and their families meaning the won’t get paid. Catch 22 but I think there is better ways of getting to the owner. 

Such as?

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Such as?

What do you notice about Bolton and Blackpool’s times with rubbish owners. Their attendances or actual protests? Protests clearly, crap attendances will do nothing to get any press attention. 

Edited by adamoafc

7 hours ago, adamoafc said:

What do you notice about Bolton and Blackpool’s times with rubbish owners. Their attendances or actual protests? Protests clearly, crap attendances will do nothing to get any press attention. 

Crap attendances for clubs at our level will generally go unnoticed. An empty stadium for a live game will be more noticeable (Blackpool in the Cup this season). How many will spend their Easter holiday watching Latics play Mansfield I'm not sure. 

8 hours ago, adamoafc said:

It was a genuine question, i.e. curious to know what you meant by "better ways" of getting AL.

It took years for Blackpool fans to get rid of Oyston and I'm not sure we can afford to wait that long. Bolton, as far as I know, are still in a terrible position financially. I understand fans wanting to turn up and support the team rather than boycott and won't condemn it, but nor should we condemn those planning boycotts.

8 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Then why don't we do both. Protest and abort. I'm definitely not renewing whilst this idiot is in place. We'll end up out of the league anyway. The man is a bad egg and completely non transparent- the basis of any good business. If you are uncertain...check out the below link. For me, he will only notice the non business model before him i.e. no income. The protests will however shed light on the story for other potential investors to see. Or maybe even the landlord Simon Blitz?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/four-key-reasons-paul-scholes-14139718

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happyclapper said:

Then why don't we do both. Protest and abort. I'm definitely not renewing whilst this idiot is in place. We'll end up out of the league anyway. The man is a bad egg and completely non transparent- the basis of any good business. If you are uncertain...check out the below link. For me, he will only notice the non business model before him i.e. no income. The protests will however shed light on the story for other potential investors to see. Or maybe even the landlord Simon Blitz?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/four-key-reasons-paul-scholes-14139718

And still there is a core of contributors on here who blame Scholes. No way could he stay and be a part of this. 

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Nothing will change. 

Our fan-base is too apathetic and will eventually give in because they have nothing else to do on a Saturday. 

Or we win one game and they come flooding back.

6 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Crap attendances for clubs at our level will generally go unnoticed. An empty stadium for a live game will be more noticeable (Blackpool in the Cup this season). How many will spend their Easter holiday watching Latics play Mansfield I'm not sure. 

A walk out during the game on tv would be more effective and get the commentary team talking about it. mass walk out cameras would love that. 

34 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

A walk out during the game on tv would be more effective and get the commentary team talking about it. mass walk out cameras would love that. 

Could even watch it on sky go as you leave and not miss any of the match. If you like that kind of thing that is 😆

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Happyclapper said:

Absolutely. Scholes did the right thing. He flagged the issues which wont go away till AL does. 

And the rumours won't go away until Scholes puts some meat on the bones. Otherwise us long suffering fans bimble along not knowing what the hell is going on

17 minutes ago, True Tic said:

And the rumours won't go away until Scholes puts some meat on the bones. Otherwise us long suffering fans bimble along not knowing what the hell is going on

Have you not had enough meat from the recent statements and articles? 

6 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Have you not had enough meat from the recent statements and articles? 

No because it's all second, third hand etc. If Scholes sees fit to walk after seven or eight games at the helm, it's only fair he comes out and explains properly. 

AL is unpredictable and does things on the spur of the moment. He constantly says that the fans are everything and ether a protest or not buying season tickets may tip him over the edge and decide to walk away. I don't think he's as thick skinned as Corney. If he does walk then we will be in administration, and a points deduction. Am I right in thinking that if this happens at the end of this season it is a 10 point deduction this season and a further 10 next season, or over the summer it could be a 20 point deduction next season? 

30 minutes ago, True Tic said:

No because it's all second, third hand etc. If Scholes sees fit to walk after seven or eight games at the helm, it's only fair he comes out and explains properly. 

The first thing to come out was a literal press release from Scholes 🤷🏼‍♂️