and Staff.

10 minutes ago, underdog said:

no need to apologies at all. 

As an organisation it has to make available its meeting notes. The Trust publishes them for all to see on its website.

Or get some of the "realistic" lot to leak them over their Facebook pages, trying to tarnish the reputation of good people in doing so.

Balls to the Trust. They have minimal support from any of the fanbase and have just become another bunch of nodding dogs. They had their opportunity back in March 19 when Scholes walked and they blew it. They lost the last of their good people at the start or the year...

33 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Or get some of the "realistic" lot to leak them over their Facebook pages, trying to tarnish the reputation of good people in doing so.

Balls to the Trust. They have minimal support from any of the fanbase and have just become another bunch of nodding dogs. They had their opportunity back in March 19 when Scholes walked and they blew it. They lost the last of their good people at the start or the year...

Maybe needs PTB to enroll as Trust members and eventually take over?

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You mean that they were leaked before they were published? That is a concern

And I get what you are saying but you have to remember that there was a fan meeting at the time. and the consensus was that an attempt at a dialogue was to be made with the owner and the 6 fan expectations was created. 

The trust met the owner on 3rd May, he formed a board and issued a 3-5 yr plan.

You have to remember we are a diverse set of fans with different views sometimes, some will want to march down sheepfoot lane, some will want a more diplomatic approach.

What you have now are two supporter organisations that can offer fans both options.

Trust - Legal entitlement, accountability at board level. The diplomatic route - well until it fails

PTB - the vocal, pro-action group

Fans have a choice and can be part of both

The Lemmy's will be high fiving now. All they have to do now to control 'The Trust' is to get their people elected to the board. The 3% then becomes useless because it will never be used to hold them to account.

57 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The Lemmy's will be high fiving now. All they have to do now to control 'The Trust' is to get their people elected to the board. The 3% then becomes useless because it will never be used to hold them to account.

They already did have their people on board and the 3 percent is already as much use as a chocolate fireguard...

On 8/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Give the club their 3 percent back, let them move the club out of the borough and let the rest of us get on with our lives...

On 8/5/2020 at 7:57 PM, underdog said:

oi, we want some money....how does £6 mill sound?

On 8/5/2020 at 8:06 PM, disjointed said:

I have always been of the opinion that the 3 per cent was a valuable asset, I may have been wrong and perhaps we need to let it go. 

On 8/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, BP1960 said:

Is it possible the PTB  committee could oust the Trust committee and influence the club that way?

11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They already did have their people on board and the 3 percent is already as much use as a chocolate fireguard...

Gets me v frustrated reading all this. I went out of my way to meet twice with directors of the Trust in the past (simply as a concerned fan - not a Trust member). Amongst issues discussed were many people's view that the 3% shareholding was a millstone around their neck and they should take the opportunity to sell it to AL during his purchase. At that point there was goodwill with the fans and there would have been financial benefit payable (even if only as an initial gesture of goodwill from a new owner to the fans reps). In time, that opportunity was lost and the 3% became worthless financially (and in any other way tbh). I also said that the Trust should explore a merger with FLG and PTB to form a fans' alliance (i.e. on the basis that we simply didn't have the fan base to run anything other than one true fans' group). Together stronger and all that.

I was highly critical of the Trust's u-turn as highlighted in Lee Sinnot's post - it confirmed to me (and many I spoke to) that they had no effective and strong leadership.

The brutal fact is that the Trust has proven itself to be spineless and utterly ineffective and, I`m sorry, but the absolute stubborness of continually trying to convince people of the benefit of its 3% shareholding is now nothing but laughable. 

The Trust (as an organisation) has let the fans down very badly and has no credibility whatsoever in the eyes of anyone with half a brain.

How many more times does history have to repeat itself before people realise that?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Gets me v frustrated reading all this. I went out of my way to meet twice with directors of the Trust in the past (simply as a concerned fan - not a Trust member). Amongst issues discussed were many people's view that the 3% shareholding was a millstone around their neck and they should take the opportunity to sell it to AL during his purchase. At that point there was goodwill with the fans and there would have been financial benefit payable (even if only as an initial gesture of goodwill from a new owner to the fans reps). In time, that opportunity was lost and the 3% became worthless financially (and in any other way tbh). I also said that the Trust should explore a merger with FLG and PTB to form a fans' alliance (i.e. on the basis that we simply didn't have the fan base to run anything other than one true fans' group). Together stronger and all that.

I was highly critical of the Trust's u-turn as highlighted in Lee Sinnot's post - it confirmed to me (and many I spoke to) that they had no effective and strong leadership.

The brutal fact is that the Trust has proven itself to be spineless and utterly ineffective and, I`m sorry, but the absolute stubborness of continually trying to convince people of the benefit of its 3% shareholding is now nothing but laughable. 

The Trust (as an organisation) has let the fans down very badly and has no credibility whatsoever in the eyes of anyone with half a brain.

How many more times does history have to repeat itself before people realise that?

Think you keep missing the point, listen to underdog. The 3% in its self isnt worthless! How its being used is deeming it useless. With the right people in place, maybe yourself?? It could be of value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Think you keep missing the point, listen to underdog. The 3% in its self isnt worthless! How its being used is deeming it useless. With the right people in place, maybe yourself?? It could be of value.

that's it, forget people/personalties for the moment.....look at what it is.......

It's a seat at the table a legal right to information......your not banging on the door like other supporters organisations where owners can just ignore you.  see quote below from  FSA document issued on 31st July

"use people with skills to understand the depth of problems at your club"

1) Ownership  - who owns what

2) Financial - accounts, debts, balance sheet charges, on going cost, creditors - (Share hold give access to FULL accounts and they have to be presented to Trust by club).

3) Legal

4) Real estate and planning - (Trust has ACV, but it is up for renewal and we have to factoring in the loss of little wembley to club and community.

Now for the health warning....this is me typing by the way

it has to recruit the right quality skills and experience and that is where is has failed, round pegs, square holes. Time restricted/managed by people's commitment to it. An example, Your working full time, had a crap day, need to spend some time with the family. You log on for a latics update looking for a crumb of good news and wham something has hit the fan and you need to rally the troops...lets face it this is almost daily occurrence for a good three plus years.

The shear turn over of staff is a massive concern,  you are in the never ending circle of de ja vue.....I had this last year over the account trauma and released we were in the exact same position with Corney 3 years earlier. There is now no-one there longer than 2 years that would realise stuff like this to prevent it happening again. Goldfish in a bowl going around and having its memory erased springs to mind.

You literally have given blood, sweat and tears.....and I did cry when the fan bar was pulled from us by the club that boxing day. We spent days rescuing furniture from an old con.club, transporting it, cleaning it and the area and then I had listened to how it was going to be sabbotagged too. Been at the end of some face to face and online fan abuse when you just think why do I bother...(and its still going on with social media mud slinging to discredit good folk...even now today)

On top of that. Its not a "happy" organisation. IT wants to be, but its always fire fighting something, owner, landlord whilst trying to manage fans expectations. It will fight you, sap your energy, its unrewarding,  chew you up, spit you out....in most jobs you are not happy you find another....but its football, its passion, its our "church", our Saturday sanctuary and you want to protect that to the best of your ability, if not for you, for future generations.

It's a bitch of a supporter organisation,, working with or trying to hold to account a bigger company (club) with a dysfunctional set up club/land split.....You can stuff Owners and directors test, fit and proper malarkey...you need a mental health cert just to volunteer in an organisation where you are slap bang in the trenches. I bet the FSA have seen nothing or work with nothing like it to be honest

Soooooo, anyone up for a mental fight and standing at the EGM/AGM when announced? anyone?

Edited by underdog
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

When I ran our local residents association everyone had to go on a training course for their roles and receive a certificate of competence.

Shouldn't the Trust have implemented such a scheme?

I like that idea good shout, 

I think Philippa did ask for a number of key roles to be filled. One being a HR role and maybe this sits there...a training budget?

we will have to see what happens  cheers

Edited by underdog

2 hours ago, underdog said:

I like that idea good shout, 

I think Philippa did ask for a number of key roles to be filled. One being a HR role and maybe this sits there...a training budget?

we will have to see what happens  cheers

A lot of the training school governors are encouraged to take is probably relevant too. Lots of focus on holding (school) leadership to account, and the principles of sound governance etc.

21 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

A lot of the training school governors are encouraged to take is probably relevant too. Lots of focus on holding (school) leadership to account, and the principles of sound governance etc.

So what you're saying is if anyone knows a school governor, with previous Trust experience, we should encourage them to get involved...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

I served as a school governor for a while.  A horrific level of bureaucracy and that's from someone which working life has largely been based on bureaucracy, much if which I have often questioned the worth of.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

According to his LinkedIn he's been here since February. According to that he held five different positions at that time. 

Yeah, sorry about that. I've just noticed the way I get the alert has changed. Know what to do now cheers. He's the Academy S&C Coach.

Edited by singe

• 4 weeks later...