and Staff.

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Sorry tGWB, I am devastated 

Bad enough that club start the sacking race again - no idea if NA was any good or not but was she guilty of gross misconduct to warrant sacking? Another industrial tribunal on way methinks

Then to appoint the ex-Bury MD who was in situ when that club was being run abysmally and thought that Steve Dale was the right man to take them forward?  My heart hurts it really does  

There is an understanding in the world of CEO’s and Board MDs that you can be ‘moved on’ but its on the understanding that your contractural notice period is promptly paid up after agreeing the terms and conditions of a compromise agreement 

With Mr Evans recent time with Bury FC it does look another baffling appointment by our Owner 

2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Bad enough that club start the sacking race again - no idea if NA was any good or not but was she guilty of gross misconduct to warrant sacking? Another industrial tribunal on way methinks

2 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

In post less  than 2 years so very little in the way of employment rights?

If you started your job or after April 6 2012 you can only make a claim for unfair dismissal if you've worked for your employer for more than two years. NA was in post for just over 15 months.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

When AL buys shit players, sacks mangers every two minutes and ostracises big earners - it pisses me off. 

When he sacks an MD and replaces her- I couldn’t care less. 

I think the sacking of the MD is symptomatic of the way our club is being run. That should worry you. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

When AL buys shit players, sacks mangers every two minutes and ostracises big earners - it pisses me off. 

Incredibly short sighted that attitude.  Just before the first game of the season where the old MD has been making plans to deal with all the massive changed brought in by Covid, you let her go and replace her with someone who needs to read all that and catch up with the plan and deal with the problems all within 2days .  Well let’s hope he is on the ball.

I personally need to speak to him today to sort something out which could call the game off.  I hope he finds time to take my call and resolves it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LaticMark said:

If you started your job or after April 6 2012 you can only make a claim for unfair dismissal if you've worked for your employer for more than two years. NA was in post for just over 15 months.

Mark 

I would think that Natalie would have the protection of a contract having taken up the position of Managing Director so will be expecting to be paid her contractual notice period 

3 days before a season starts is a strange time to make senior board member changes 

Was NA the mystery ‘senior club source’ of DMaarms on Twitter maybe 🤔

Plot thickens . . . 

MD, CEO or whatever title.. it’s a poisoned chalice to run this circus and deliver success off the field.

It’s not rocket science why less than 700 STs have been sold this coming season when the club expects 4x that based on the diehard fanbase.

1. Money is tight for the fanbase due to lockdown, furloughing etc.

2. Watching via a stream and not in person isn’t appealing.  The whole matchday experience has gone and it could be months until that returns..if it ever does

3. Relegation hit us hard and anticipated bounce back didn’t happen - in fact we struggled further due to inferior signings, uninspiring tactics and performances 

4. Alienation of fans by the owner and his brother - contempt, interference into recruitment, selection, tactics 

5. Commercial activity at a struggling, lower league, regional football club will never be the greatest so regardless of what NA claimed, there is heavy reliance on ST/matchday income unless the owner digs deep.  You’ll never entice a lucrative sponsorships on shirts, stadium, perimeter advertising when the club is toxic and run by a megalomaniacal tyrant

How can a CEO succeed at our club when the owner interferes to the level he does?  It’s toxic on and off the pitch and changing the MD/CEO frequently is testament to just how toxic it is.  It’s another false dawn until the reason why we’re struggling has sold up and fucked off.

10 hours ago, tGWB said:

There is an understanding in the world of CEO’s and Board MDs that you can be ‘moved on’ but its on the understanding that your contractural notice period is promptly paid up after agreeing the terms and conditions of a compromise agreement 

With Mr Evans recent time with Bury FC it does look another baffling appointment by our Owner 

Sadly less baffling nowadays as history repeats itself. 

You're either an apologist for the regime, or you carry the can for the decisions and seemingly inevitable failures of said regime. 

As NA was the former, she seems to have fallen on her sword for the latter. 

57 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

5. Commercial activity at a struggling, lower league, regional football club will never be the greatest so regardless of what NA claimed, there is heavy reliance on ST/matchday income unless the owner digs deep.  You’ll never entice a lucrative sponsorships on shirts, stadium, perimeter advertising when the club is toxic and run by a megalomaniacal tyrant

Has there been any chat about a front of shirt sponsor this season?

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

How can a CEO succeed at our club when the owner interferes to the level he does?  It’s toxic on and off the pitch and changing the MD/CEO frequently is testament to just how toxic it is.  It’s another false dawn until the reason why we’re struggling has sold up and fucked off.

I'm amazed there's anyone that still wants to join this circus - that goes for managers (or "head coaches"), players, staff or board members.

Our reputation with pretty much everyone must be in tatters.

Still - anyone but Corney, eh?

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Good organisation and good teams tend to go together. One feeds from the other. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

You might if you were also an employee of the club and you saw the way a top ranking colleague is treated.  You might even discuss it In the dressing room ?

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

I don't think there will be too many tears shed over her departure, but she is another indicator of how we are run, a symptom rather than the cause. As can be seen by the length of this thread.

2 hours ago, singe said:

I don't think there will be too many tears shed over her departure, but she is another indicator of how we are run, a symptom rather than the cause. As can be seen by the length of this thread.

The staff at the club are upset she’s got the boot. She was well liked by most and went above and beyond that the new fella want do I’m sure. I wish him well of course but shame we can’t do things the right way yet again! 

7 minutes ago, super_blue said:

The staff at the club are upset she’s got the boot. She was well liked by most and went above and beyond that the new fella want do I’m sure. I wish him well of course but shame we can’t do things the right way yet again! 

Cheers. I did mean not many tears by our fans because it's a CEO but also not many had much of an interaction.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, disjointed said:

I think the sacking of the MD is symptomatic of the way our club is being run. That should worry you. 

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Incredibly short sighted that attitude.  Just before the first game of the season where the old MD has been making plans to deal with all the massive changed brought in by Covid, you let her go and replace her with someone who needs to read all that and catch up with the plan and deal with the problems all within 2days .  Well let’s hope he is on the ball.

I personally need to speak to him today to sort something out which could call the game off.  I hope he finds time to take my call and resolves it.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Good organisation and good teams tend to go together. One feeds from the other. 

2 hours ago, singe said:

People are only interested in some staff members termination because the football/results has been awful. Watch how quiet the board goes if Kewell starts well- Does that mean people care less about the staff when we win? 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

People are only interested in some staff members termination because the football/results has been awful. Watch how quiet the board goes if Kewell starts well- Does that mean people care less about the staff when we win? 

and how long will that good start last if the shitshow off the pitch continues?

We have been a shitshow off the pitch for the last 3 years how have results gone in that time?

Correlation?

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

and how long will that good start last if the shitshow off the pitch continues?

We have been a shitshow off the pitch for the last 3 years how have results gone in that time?

Correlation

🙄

People keep feeling the need to explain that to me - without understanding my point. 

Coincidence? 

I’m simply saying- people ‘care deeply’ about staff - when we are losing. Then when we are winning the board goes quiet. 

What does that tell you about fans mentality??? 

It tells me that all matters is the football, get that right and everything else follows. As you say AL has failed spectacularly to get that right- so we all pretend we care about somebody we’ve never met. It’s bollocks. People wouldn’t give a second thought to staff if we were winning regularly. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

🙄

People keep feeling the need to explain that to me - without understanding my point. 

Coincidence? 

I’m simply saying- people ‘care deeply’ about staff - when we are losing. Then when we are winning the board goes quiet. 

It tells me that all matters is the football, get that right and everything else follows. As you say AL has failed spectacularly to get that right- so we all pretend we care about somebody we’ve never met. It’s bollocks. People wouldn’t give a second thought to staff if we were winning regularly. 

I only wonder where you get your evidence of when we are winning the board goes quiet/no one cares about the staff.

We haven’t been anywhere near a successful season in 14 years and another 10 of shite before then.

The Hatchet jobs have also only taken place under this regime - people left or retired but I can’t think of entire payrolls being wiped out like this maniac.  In fact the only sacking I remember is that commercial guy who forged a letter from Alan Hardy when he was at Notts County 

Edited by Chaddyexile84

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

🙄

Coincidence? 

Yes you keep labouring this point and I'm struggling to understand why you think if the football is right then everythingelse will just fall into place its not as simple as that.

We got the football right under Lee Johnson but as we were shit off the pitch (slightly less shit than now anyway) then the football just fell apart. Don't forget Bury spectacularly got the football right they won promotion what happened to them?

• Like 1

The issue as far as 'the wider problem' is concerned isn't whether NA was good or bad at her job. 

The issue is that this is their person for the job. She towed the party line (seemingly unwaveringly). She implemented what must have been their directives. And she's been booted.

It was exactly the same issue with Dino. The fact he may not have been our cup of tea is irrelevant - the powers that be seemingly now can't even work with the people the most powerful cogs in the engine that they sought out and put in place.

It's a complete and utter shitshow and how some people don't see it as yet another symptom of the wider problem is beyond me. 

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

🙄

Coincidence? 

I’m simply saying- people ‘care deeply’ about staff - when we are losing. Then when we are winning the board goes quiet

It's not about the individual (although it's never nice when anyone gets the sack, and I wish Natalie Atkinson all the best..) - it's about this trigger-happy, devil-may-care, don't-cross-me-or-else system Abdallah has in place, which can't be good for the club.

Everyone else is going to end up thinking we're a club full of c***s and won't help us, should we need it in the future.  It's also going to put off potentially good personnel from wanting to come on-board.

I get your point about winning football making everyone stop moaning, but the way AL is doing things is only going to be destructive.  Yeah the football might be good, at some point for a bit, but I reckon under this ownership it'll be by complete accident...

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2