and Staff.

I know I said I wasn't going to get involved in this chat again, but I have a bit of time to kill so why not?! 

Treat staff/coaches/players better -> helps attract better staff/coaches/players -> increases the chances of being more profitable -> increases the chances of winning matches -> helps attract better staff/coaches/players and so on and so on.

That's why people are bothered about how staff, players and also fans are treated.  It's not a difficult concept.  And not even that costly to implement which makes it even more annoying we don't bother.  

Another example, the EFL have announced 63 clubs that were awarded family excellence status.  We aren't one of them.  Why not?  Well, we won 3-0 at the weekend so who cares?  But not achieving this is potentially holding us back in attracting the fans of the future.  Less fans, less money, less chance of success on the pitch, less chance of people shutting up about off the pitch stuff!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, singe said:

Sadly less baffling nowadays as history repeats itself. 

You're either an apologist for the regime, or you carry the can for the decisions and seemingly inevitable failures of said regime. 

As NA was the former, she seems to have fallen on her sword for the latter. 

too simplistic that singe 

Managing Director Natalie

1. How creative and effective was she in her role as a Managing Director ?

2. How creative and effective was she allowed to be in her role as a Managing Director ?

3. Why ‘move her on’ 3 days before the start of the season ?

4. Was she the ‘senior club official’ leak, fairly regularly quoted by DMaarns on twitter 🤔

New CEO Karl Evans 

1. Why appoint the CEO of Bury FC who who was quoted in The Times as stating:

’Big egos and a spendthrif mindset sent Bury into the abyss’

2. Bury FC announcement of his appointment is far more detailed than ours and does promote his achievements and expertise

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/statement--karl-evans-appointed-new-ceo/

Without his time served under Steve Dale, I can see his CV stacks up for a League Two senior board appointment but his Bury years do make him an odd choice to work under our current owner 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes you keep labouring this point and I'm struggling to understand why you think if the football is right then everythingelse will just fall into place its not as simple as that.

We got the football right under Lee Johnson but as we were shit off the pitch (slightly less shit than now anyway) then the football just fell apart. Don't forget Bury spectacularly got the football right they won promotion what happened to them?

Yeah, I could have qualified that better. I don’t think everything will fall into place if the football is right. Our  problems won’t magically go away, nor will good results mean AL is suddenly a changed man. 

But.

A lot of the noise will go away or be conveniently forgotten about if results pick up. AL has never had results to protect him from the mob. I think we could do ok this year, and for the time in his tenure things could be looking up ON the pitch.

It will be very interesting to see if people are so consumed by how we are run off the pitch, if/ when results are good. 

If the history of every fickle fan up and down the country is anything to go by, I will be correct. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I know I said I wasn't going to get involved in this chat again, but I have a bit of time to kill so why not?! 

Treat staff/coaches/players better -> helps attract better staff/coaches/players -> increases the chances of being more profitable -> increases the chances of winning matches -> helps attract better staff/coaches/players and so on and so on.

That's why people are bothered about how staff, players and also fans are treated.  It's not a difficult concept.  And not even that costly to implement which makes it even more annoying we don't bother.  

Another example, the EFL have announced 63 clubs that were awarded family excellence status.  We aren't one of them.  Why not?  Well, we won 3-0 at the weekend so who cares?  But not achieving this is potentially holding us back in attracting the fans of the future.  Less fans, less money, less chance of success on the pitch, less chance of people shutting up about off the pitch stuff!

When has AL had a good run results? 

Never. 

Whose fault is that. His. 

Has he taken steps to correct that- yes. 

Lets just see how much noise there is if we go 8 unbeaten. 

Just now, League one forever said:

When has AL had a good run results? 

Never. 

Whose fault is that. His. 

Has he taken steps to correct that- yes. 

Lets just see how much noise there is if we go 8 unbeaten. 

Is your point just that fewer people will complain about off field matters if we storm the league?  If so you're probably right.

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

too simplistic that singe 

Managing Director Natalie

1. How creative and effective was she in her role as a Managing Director ?

2. How creative and effective was she allowed to be in her role as a Managing Director ?

3. Why ‘move her on’ 3 days before the start of the season ?

4. Was she the ‘senior club official’ leak, fairly regularly quoted by DMaarns on twitter 🤔

New CEO Karl Evans 

1. Why appoint the CEO of Bury FC who who was quoted in The Times as stating:

’Big egos and a spendthrif mindset sent Bury into the abyss’

2. Bury FC announcement of his appointment is far more detailed than ours and does promote his achievements and expertise

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/statement--karl-evans-appointed-new-ceo/

Without his time served under Steve Dale, I can see his CV stacks up for a League Two senior board appointment but his Bury years do make him an odd choice to work under our current owner 

Maybe Natalie Atkinson was tasked with bringing  in a ‘front of shirt’ sponsor and as she didn’t she left the club. Maybe Karl Evans has that task now...🤔

8 hours ago, tGWB said:

Mark 

I would think that Natalie would have the protection of a contract having taken up the position of Managing Director so will be expecting to be paid her contractual notice period 

3 days before a season starts is a strange time to make senior board member changes 

Was NA the mystery ‘senior club source’ of DMaarms on Twitter maybe 🤔

Plot thickens . . . 

Dmaarms says the source is still in place and believes less than 600 ST have been sold. An announcement of the opening of the NS is expected in the next few days/next week, and the early bird prices will be extended.. Are they panicking now?

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is your point just that fewer people will complain about off field matters if we storm the league?  If so you're probably right.

Absolutely. 

As daft as it sounds I think people forget that we have been absolutely dreadful at football for a long time. It’s no wonder fans look for every contributing factor as to why we are so shit. We are no different to any other club in that respect. 

City fans used to say one of shittest things about becoming amazing was that there was nothing left to moan about in the pub anymore. That rings true for us at the opposite end of the spectrum. We are so starved of anything to celebrate it feels impossible to positive. 

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Dmaarms says the source is still in place and believes less than 600 ST have been sold. An announcement of the opening of the NS is expected in the next few days/next week, and the early bird prices will be extended.. Are they panicking now?

Not panicking just being sensible by extending the early bird deadline - especially if we start well. 

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Absolutely. 

As daft as it sounds I think people forget that we have been absolutely dreadful at football for a long time. It’s no wonder fans look for every contributing factor as to why we are so shit. We are no different to any other club in that respect. 

City fans used to say one of shittest things about becoming amazing was that there was nothing left to moan about in the pub anymore. That rings true for us at the opposite end of the spectrum. We are so starved of anything to celebrate it feels impossible to positive. 

I don't think we're any different in terms of fans moaning, but I think we are different in terms of the conduct of our owners.

There are many reasons we are where we are, and they're not all attributable to the current owner of course.  But the current owner conducts business in a way that causes unnecessary additional harm to the club.  And to be honest, financially its himself he's impacting the most.  I've no idea why he still carries on in the way he does.  I have even less of an idea why he didn't bite the hand off the person who apparently offered him money for the club a while back.

I don't want my club...or any club, for that matter...to go bust and out of existence. I also appreciate the need to be interested and inquisitive about the way the club is run and structured, however, I just cannot muster up enough enthusiasm to allow it to distract me.

Results on the field are paramount for me because good and winning results are the only way to get back up the leagues. I also realise that he way the club is run affects the ability to attract a good quality of player, something which I don't see happening with the club's current status. 

There seems to have been a substantial change in playing personnel and at present, we have no idea how this new team is going to perform. One thing I do know is the club is still attracting players and staff and you can only keep a bad reputation hidden for so long before it starts to precede you and no one will touch you with a barge pole...unless totally desperate or gullible, or both.

Which camp, if any, do the new recruits fall into? Who knows?
I wish them all the best of luck and a decent campaign.

Spoiler

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Can see S/T sales being around 750 with all the uncertainty 

Read somewhere that Stockport had sold 1,000 a few weeks back 

It’ll be interesting to see if DMaarms insider information continues or dries up

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don't think we're any different in terms of fans moaning, but I think we are different in terms of the conduct of our owners.

There are many reasons we are where we are, and they're not all attributable to the current owner of course.  But the current owner conducts business in a way that causes unnecessary additional harm to the club.  And to be honest, financially its himself he's impacting the most.  I've no idea why he still carries on in the way he does.  I have even less of an idea why he didn't bite the hand off the person who apparently offered him money for the club a while back.

Agreed. 

The only possible reason he stays is because in his own bizarre perverse way- he loves it. The ego, the kudos, ‘the power’. 🙄 His biggest own goal though has been his football decisions recruitment/appointing his brother/sacking managers/interfering. All of which has lead to awful football and results. If he had got that right from the start I don’t think there would be the focus on him that there is today. 

Winn some games and forget he owns the club. If only he could see the merit in that. 

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I don't want my club...or any club, for that matter...to go bust and out of existence. I also appreciate the need to be interested and inquisitive about the way the club is run and structured, however, I just cannot muster up enough enthusiasm to allow it to distract me.

Results on the field are paramount for me because good and winning results are the only way to get back up the leagues. I also realise that he way the club is run affects the ability to attract a good quality of player, something which I don't see happening with the club's current status. 

There seems to have been a substantial change in playing personnel and at present, we have no idea how this new team is going to perform. One thing I do know is the club is still attracting players and staff and you can only keep a bad reputation hidden for so long before it starts to precede you and no one will touch you with a barge pole...unless totally desperate or gullible, or both.

Which camp, if any, do the new recruits fall into? Who knows?
I wish them all the best of luck and a decent campaign.

Reveal hidden contents

Spot on Wardie. 

If we start doing well the last thing on my mind will be them two herberts, red fleece or the latest board member appointee. 

It will be singing

E I e I e o!!!

God- I miss that.  

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Can see S/T sales being around 750 with all the uncertainty 

Read somewhere that Stockport had sold 1,000 a few weeks back 

It’ll be interesting to see if DMaarms insider information continues or dries up

Carlisle have sold over 1700.

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Spot on Wardie. 

If we start doing well the last thing on my mind will be them two herberts, red fleece or the latest board member appointee. 

It will be singing

E I e I e o!!!

God- I miss that.  

come one every one....appropriate given Saturday's opponents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Maybe Natalie Atkinson was tasked with bringing  in a ‘front of shirt’ sponsor and as she didn’t she left the club. Maybe Karl Evans has that task now...🤔

That’s the remit of our commercial man Jamie Stoddart - he put something on Twitter the other week of “still looking” or similar 

51 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Carlisle have sold over 1700.

60 miles to the nearest decent football club though unlike us sat in the shadow of two of the richest clubs in the world

Saying that though, if we had anything like a half decent run we would smash 1700 

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

60 miles to the nearest decent football club though unlike us sat in the shadow of two of the richest clubs in the world

Saying that though, if we had anything like a half decent run we would smash 1700 

I bet Stockport have sold more than 600 season tickets. 

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, I could have qualified that better. I don’t think everything will fall into place if the football is right. Our  problems won’t magically go away, nor will good results mean AL is suddenly a changed man. 

But.

A lot of the noise will go away or be conveniently forgotten about if results pick up. AL has never had results to protect him from the mob. I think we could do ok this year, and for the time in his tenure things could be looking up ON the pitch.

It will be very interesting to see if people are so consumed by how we are run off the pitch, if/ when results are good. 

If the history of every fickle fan up and down the country is anything to go by, I will be correct. 

Primarily we are football fans and yes we care about the results first.

However

We will not keep up any good form on the pitch if we have a shitstorm off it it is inevitable that results will tail off.

Will that keep people off the owners back yes in the short term but all theses problems will come back to him when the shit hits the fan.

Does that make fans fickle you could say so but I think it would be unfair on any owner if we just kept having a go even when we are winning they would deserve some respite in that respect.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hit the ground running this season however if we did I can see it going the way of Paul Dickovs first season in charge 10/11 where we just can't sustain a good start and had to loan out Dale Stephens on the cheap to keep the club alive and we end up only avoiding relegation. Thats the best I think that will happen this year, and that won't be enough to turn the club around.

For us to be finishing 17th 18th in league 2 is a total failure in fact every season we don't finish in the top 7 in league 2 is a failure. Some people still haven't got used to this idea that we should be a bigger hitter at this level. 17th and 18th in league 1 is sort of acceptable if we have a very limited budget 17th and 18th in league 2 is abject failure regardless of budget.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

No matter how anyone tries to spin it, 3,000 ton750nis a disaster when very few other clubs have shown a major drop.

We've ve had 3,000  for several years, more after relegation to L2. 

Not seen that sort of drop anywhere, even if there is relegation involved.