and Staff.

9 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

A 'Behind The Scenes' update from the General Manager, Steven Brown.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/november/29112021-gm-update/

Thanks for that, I rarely visit the official site these days so would have missed that.

You have to feel for Steven Brown, it brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "thrown in at the deep end".

So, on the face of it, we have no CEO, no FD, no permanent head coach/team manager, and are 91st in the pyramid. BUT we still have our beloved Director of Sport.

Thank God the colossus* that is Mo Lemsagam remains to steady the ship and ensure our onward progress toward the sunlit uplands. All hail Mo! All hail Ab!

* in the immortal words of Shakespeare - surely written with a sporting paragon like Mo in mind:

Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world

Like a Colossus, and we petty men

Walk under his huge legs and peep about

To find ourselves dishonourable graves

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Thanks for that, I rarely visit the official site these days so would have missed that.

You have to feel for Steven Brown, it brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "thrown in at the deep end".

So, on the face of it, we have no CEO, no FD, no permanent head coach/team manager, and are 91st in the pyramid. BUT we still have our beloved Director of Sport.

Thank God the colossus* that is Mo Lemsagam remains to steady the ship and ensure our onward progress toward the sunlit uplands. All hail Mo! All hail Ab!

* in the immortal words of Shakespeare - surely written with a sporting paragon like Mo in mind:

Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world

Like a Colossus, and we petty men

Walk under his huge legs and peep about

To find ourselves dishonourable graves

Is Mo still around?

18 hours ago, latics22 said:

A load of absolute bollocks, it’s like he’s just realised a month later the 3 year plan was due. He can’t win, he gets a promotion and has to go to abdallah like Bob crachit   to scrounge. Mr abdallagh little Timmy is waiting on your free year plan. 

My bullshit detector picked out this: "Against this backdrop and despite not wanting to break the commitment that Abdallah made to produce a comprehensive three-year plan for the whole Club by the end of October, we felt that allowing the new structure to bed in and review the short, medium, and long-term strategy and plans with their support was the best approach."

22 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Like a fart in a lift 

. . . and that's wrong on so many levels!

44 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

My bullshit detector picked out this: "Against this backdrop and despite not wanting to break the commitment that Abdallah made to produce a comprehensive three-year plan for the whole Club by the end of October, we felt that allowing the new structure to bed in and review the short, medium, and long-term strategy and plans with their support was the best approach."

. . . and that's wrong on so many levels

Edited by Dave_Og

45 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

. . . and that's wrong on so many levels!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

In other news Lewis Deane is now listed as youth team manager

whoever the fuck he is 

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Northern Irish goalkeeper? Does that say something about potential purchasers?? 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I rather like the ‘initially, until the end of the season’ bit!😁

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

Anyone got a bucket and sponge?

I much prefer the fact that they've got the legal requirement for a physiotherapist right this time, unlike the previous few times.