and Staff.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the Morocco videos, it looks like we might have a goalkeeping coach. Any idea who he is and when he arrived. Also, unless I've missed it, what's happened to Mick Priest? Sacked? Walked out? Sometimes, this club of ours is like a training ground for MI5.

7 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Looking at the Morocco videos, it looks like we might have a goalkeeping coach. Any idea who he is and when he arrived. Also, unless I've missed it, what's happened to Mick Priest? Sacked? Walked out? Sometimes, this club of ours is like a training ground for MI5.

Youth team goalkeeping coach. Gregory Hartley. Dunno if he's been permanently or temporarily promoted.

Edit: he started out in City's academy, played and coached in the US for a few years, mixed with non-league appearances for, I think Atherton, Colne and Salford.

Edited by Crusoe

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Suspended for apparently telling out of contract players there was interest in them.

PS Another coaching member of staff has been sacked too...

2 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Youth team goalkeeping coach. Gregory Hartley. Dunno if he's been permanently or temporarily promoted.

Cheers, mate. I'm going to resist Hartley jokes; they'll only lead to jam and jelly puns.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Suspended for apparently telling out of contract players there was interest in them.

It's not a football club; it's a dictatorship. It really is a wonder anyone, in any capacity, wants to come to Latics.

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Thinking about it, the cynical side of me wonders if said players were AL's boys or not. It just seems that there is always something that these two looneys can do to  screw up the club one way or another. I've worked for one of the most detested companies in its particular sphere, but the Lemsagams can take it to a new level.

Edited by Bristolatic

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Heard this yesterday and I was stunned!  As he was when he received the letter as no reason given .  Loves the club and another asset gone. 😠

Edited by super_blue

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Didn't realise we had any other coaching staff 

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Cheers, mate. I'm going to resist Hartley jokes; they'll only lead to jam and jelly puns.

My grandfather was working with a member of the Hartley jam family to set up the British operations of Spar when he had a major stroke. Aged 32.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

My grandfather was working with a member of the Hartley jam family to set up the British operations of Spar when he had a major stroke. Aged 32.

Jesus, Dave, that is so cruel at such a young age. Dreadful.