Trust Board - Director change 27/03/2019

underdog

17 hours ago, blueatheart said:

The top of the Trust website (when amended) will look good.

Vacant - Chair

Darren Ratcliffe - Vice Char, Secretary

Vacant - Vice Chair

Vacant -  Board Rep

Vacant - Treasurer

So is it the club or the Trust that is in crisis? (or both?!)

There are days.....hahah

No not at all. On balance we have always been about the same number if you include co-optees. 

3 hours ago, blueatheart said:

So the lack of any leadership is fine?

Are you also negotiating brexit?

We have a vice chair who will take the lead up to the next Trust meeting in April. So we all know who is charge now if you know what I mean and who the owner can contact if a Board meeting is called at OAFC or they want to contact the Trust in general.

With regards to the constitution, it does say that the Rep to the board of OAFC had to serve as a Trust Director beforehand of minimum of three years. There are four of us currently that applies to and will discuss at April meeting if anyone who is interested.

However, there are some new co-optees that have joined in December time that may have better skills at board level. So we may have a discussion concerning those that it may be better suited for

Brexit....ye gods don't get me started..hahah

3 hours ago, underdog said:

We have a vice chair who will take the lead up to the next Trust meeting in April. So we all know who is charge now if you know what I mean and who the owner can contact if a Board meeting is called at OAFC or they want to contact the Trust in general.

With regards to the constitution, it does say that the Rep to the board of OAFC had to serve as a Trust Director beforehand of minimum of three years. There are four of us currently that applies to and will discuss at April meeting if anyone who is interested.

However, there are some new co-optees that have joined in December time that may have better skills at board level. So we may have a discussion concerning those that it may be better suited for

Brexit....ye gods don't get me started..hahah

The trust does not need a defined leader. It runs on a committee basis. We share the same stance on the club, the duty to our fans and the approach to our owner. That hasn’t always been the case, leader or no leader. 

At at this point in time, and in the context of our current focus, we are working effectively together. Yes, when decisive votes need to take place we need to have a chair who can make the casting vote. The vice chair takes on that role for now.

The current focus doesn’t need a cast of thousands. It needs people with the right minds and outlook. I am confident we have that.

In the wider ranks, but without formal statutory roles, are people with a broad skill set and with contacts.

appreciate that it will take time to convince people of the value of the trust but as a supporters group, I think it’s fair to say that it is in better shape now than it has been for a while, notwithstanding that some key operational posts remain unfilled

• Like 1