Trust Letter to AL

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

A fair and reasonable post Dave. However, they've [The Trust] been accused by many for lacking teeth in the recent past. This is a noticeable step change and I welcome it.

If it helps put an end to the the 'stuff' we all deplore and it means he appoints someone, Chief Exec or otherwise, to assist in the governance..... regardless of whether the Swans invoice is presented or not, then it would have succeeded as far as your aims are stated.

He has to acutely understand the mood and our expectations of him as the custodian of our beloved club. I think this letter conveys that.

I don’t disagree with any of that, the way you’ve put it. 

I still think demanding two or three really clear things from him from today rather than wasting time confirming he’s lied about certain things in the past would have been/could be more productive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I was thinking this too. 

Not a chance such a meeting will happen and I’m not overly arsed if it doesn’t. It’s clear to all he’s not that type. 

Just more pound of flesh nonsense... 

35 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

Let’s just sit back and do nothing then 

C0FAFDBE-5E21-4AE1-B0F0-4D7CA0BCB609.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, HarryBosch said:

I don’t disagree with any of that, the way you’ve put it. 

I still think demanding two or three really clear things from him from today rather than wasting time confirming he’s lied about certain things in the past would have been/could be more productive. 

Because, as seen from the fallout from this bizarre elite-fan meeting AL set up with Chuckle & Co, we have a split fanbase.  Most who believe (and deep down know) he's a lying bastard, and some naive, eyes closed and fingers in the ears fans who retain an element of trust in AL.  Hopefully this will make them wake up and realise AL for what he is, and then we are all singing off the same hymn sheet. 

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Because, as seen from the fallout from this bizarre elite-fan meeting AL set up with Chuckle & Co, we have a split fanbase.  Most who believe (and deep down know) he's a lying bastard, and some naive, eyes closed and fingers in the ears fans who retain an element of trust in AL.  Hopefully this will make them wake up and realise AL for what he is, and then we are all singing off the same hymn sheet. 

Who was that group of fans and how did they end up with an audience?

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Not to as great an extent as it could/should from the impression I’ve been getting 

They've convinced more than before. Not everyone at the meeting on Saturday was a member but they were all fans. They asked the Trust to put forward questions, can you imagine if the Trust didn't?

Edited by jorvik_latic

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Who was that group of fans and how did they end up with an audience?

I don't know for sure, but I am led to believe that AL reached out Juel (our club photographer) who then reached out to Chuckle, who then invited a select group of fans to meet with AL.

Edited by sjk2008

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I know for sure, but I am led to believe that AL reached out Juel (our club photographer) who then reached out to Chuckle, who then invited a select group of fans to meet with AL.

And was then told to de-select some people :lol:

• Like 1

Read the letter.  Honestly....hit and miss. 

Just to clarify... is the information requested for the Trust (absent board member) or for everyone to see?  

If it’s the latter then you wont get answers to all of that.  No chance.  I doubt any owner would reveal all of that directly and certainly not if it was for open publication and therefore available for all to see. 

Intention is right though and he definitely should engage more at the very least. 

1 minute ago, LaticsLegend said:

They were never going to win or able to please everyone with this letter.

Yes it's overly demanding, but I'd rather that than something soft and fluffy that would be easy to dodge.

Let's see what comes back.

I agree.  I wasn’t looking to be pleased by it I just know there is no chance of all of that being answered.  Hopefully it opens doors though. 

Abdallah has three options.  He can ignore the letter or he can try to give verbal assurances or he can tell and show us what has been going on.

The most likely response will I think be somewhere in the middle when he will say he has had a constructive meeting with fans and waffle on a bit.

I hope he engages with us so I can renew my season ticket.

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

The installation of an experienced and/or competent chief executive to start running the club “properly” by a certain date. 

And you quantify ‘properly’ by paying the bills, etc. It’s all relevant. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Abdallah has three options.  He can ignore the letter or he can try to give verbal assurances or he can tell and show us what has been going on.

The most likely response will I think be somewhere in the middle when he will say he has had a constructive meeting with fans and waffle on a bit.

I hope he engages with us so I can renew my season ticket.

Can almost guarantee it will be a response that answers none of the questions directly, rather a charm offensive and promise to change his ways to try get the fans back on side.

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I don't know for sure, but I am led to believe that AL reached out Juel (our club photographer) who then reached out to Chuckle, who then invited a select group of fans to meet with AL.

Just shows you how out of touch the clown is.

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Who is Chuckle? 

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Who is Chuckle? 

Think he goes by the name Kevin Birkitt. He has a passing resemblance to one of the chuckle brothers hence the name chuckle.

Glad the Trust are asking these questions their are plenty of them. Knowone would be asking for their pound of flesh if AL was running the club properly knowone cares about gas bills or any other overheads if they are done and paid for. If he goes and chooses to run the club properly then we can all go back to arguing the toss about who we play at Left Back.

Edited by GlossopLatic