Trust Letter to AL

Within those notes are two comments that I find worrying.

1. AL - "that in the next 6 months there will be a new managerial structure in place" - that's by October, for God's sake. Does he know the season starts in August? Does this mean that there is no rush to have a complete management team in place any time soon? Or have I misread the meaning?

2. ML - "will be meeting early next week to discuss contracts (done w/c 06.05.2019)" - so how did it go with Benteke, Maouche, Nepomuceno and De la Paz? Nothing on the Official since it was announced on 8th May. It's now the 17th. Communications? And did Branger and Missilou accept the option being taken or have they gone as well? Or have I misunderstood that as well? Does it also mean that Mo is handling the contracts? Given what the comment by AL (#1 above) suggests, are he and likkle bruv handling new signings?

In addition to all that, how the hell is Detective Redfleece a Director, an ex-Director and a Director again? Hasn't he done enough damage to the club's reputation? 

Credit to the Trust (waits to be shot at) for getting this far with the Lemmys, but AL is certainly living up to his "slowly, slowly" mantra. Let's see how the accounts stack up when they're allowed to be viewed. In full? Maybe.

5 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

In addition to all that, how the hell is Detective Redfleece a Director, an ex-Director and a Director again? Hasn't he done enough damage to the club's reputation? 

I think that was the plan all along. Get resignations from everyone and (eventually) create a new board including my Owen.

30 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Within those notes are two comments that I find worrying.

1. AL - "that in the next 6 months there will be a new managerial structure in place" - that's by October, for God's sake. Does he know the season starts in August? Does this mean that there is no rush to have a complete management team in place any time soon? Or have I misread the meaning?

Giving AL the benefit of the doubt, that surely must mean on the administrative side.  Although given recent history who knows?!

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

100% better can only be taken one way IMO, so we have double the budget #walktheleagueisbackon

I doubt it. Most likely the alternative mentioned above. AL is simply stating that the budget will be more than last season.

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Giving AL the benefit of the doubt, that surely must mean on the administrative side.  Although given recent history who knows?!

I would hope so, but it still leaves the club short handed in certain areas.

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

100% better can only be taken one way IMO, so we have double the budget #walktheleagueisbackon

Immediately after missing payments of wages, failure to make pension contributions, having coffee machines repossessed, etc.

Something very material would have had to have changed for this to be right.  The probability's really weighted towards it being complete bullshit, isn't it?

• Like 3

Doesn’t matter what is said, people here will shit on it.  That is probably justified... but I am a bit bored of reading the same old lazy insults and easy sarcastic hits. 

Rightly... the only proof will be the actual action and outcomes. 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

To be fair, this guy has been around for a while. One of Corney's mates I think. Maybe he's the connection between SC and AL?

I am led to believe the match maker was Adam Pearson - Hull RFC owner and formerly involved with Hull City, Leeds United & Derby County, however Adam Morallee lists this as one of his cases, so Brandsmiths could easily by the common denominator.

• Leeds United v The Football League (Independent Arbitral Tribunal) [2014]
Edited by lookersstandandy

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Doesn’t matter what is said, people here will shit on it.  That is probably justified... but I am a bit bored of reading the same old lazy insults and easy sarcastic hits. 

Isn't it fair to question the budget issue? If, as read, it’s bring doubled then that is exciting news. If it’s being increased by an unconfirmed amount/percentage then that’s pretty meaningless. So the distinction is important isn’t it?

And isn’t it also fair, given everything that’s gone on, to be skeptical about any increase? Hardly “lazy insults”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Is this a collective NDA or individual concerns, what happens the those in the Trust who won''t sign an NDA,  are they sacked?

Last time. It is an invitation to be privy to information that is not in the public domain and that the owner has no obligation to put in the public domain. That's it. There is no compulsion and nothing sinister about it. If the owner wanted to be totally secretive he simply wouldn't make the offer in the first place. Please just accept that you don't know about NDA's; there's no shame in it. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Corney made a lot of managers leaving sign NDA. Robinson being a major one with a grievance apparently. 

I doubt it. I think he probably asked them to sign a compromise agreement. 

17 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Isn't it fair to question the budget issue? If, as read, it’s bring doubled then that is exciting news. If it’s being increased by an unconfirmed amount/percentage then that’s pretty meaningless. So the distinction is important isn’t it?

And isn’t it also fair, given everything that’s gone on, to be skeptical about any increase? Hardly “lazy insults”

There are plenty who dish out constant lazy insults. I didn’t say everyone does. 

Yes it’s fair to question and be sceptical. 

Are your disagreeing that no matter what was said or promised that the sarcasm and scepticism would continue?

I’m not saying it’s unjustified. I’m saying it will continue until actions prove otherwise. It’s almost a worthless discussion at this point. 

Edited by kowenicki

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well that’s one of you. There’s loads of us bored to fuck with your lazy defending, so you’re jus gona have to suck it up I’m afraid.

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Well that’s one of you. There’s loads of us bored to fuck with your lazy defending, so you’re jus gona have to suck it up I’m afraid.

Sigh.

Missed the point. 

No matter what he says, the insults and sarcasm will continue. His words, or lack of them, make no difference.  Zero. 

You disagree? 

He can only change perception by action. 

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Credit to the Trust (waits to be shot at) for getting this far with the Lemmys, but AL is certainly living up to his "slowly, slowly" mantra. Let's see how the accounts stack up when they're allowed to be viewed. In full? Maybe.

Without their efforts, we probably wouldn't know any of this (even if it's possibly bullshit)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Sigh.

Missed the point. 

No matter what he says, the insults and sarcasm will continue. His words, or lack of them, make no difference.  Zero. 

You disagree? 

He can only change perception by action. 

Exactly. So until the action changes our perception, those insults and sarcasm will remain understandable and, in the main, warranted.

Good update from the Trust - thank you.

Just a pity about the glaring ambiguity regarding the "100% better" budget. Reads to me like it's layman's terms for "much better" rather than an actual doubling of the budget. Clarification (in due course) would be welcome.