Trust Letter to AL

9 minutes ago, True Tic said:

According to some rumours of what some players were apparently payed last season, the budget then cant have been too shabby.

Hope the additional "100%" is spent wisely next season

Maybe it’s just a more even layout

I wouldn’t take the 100% literally, I think it just means it will be improved on last season. If the owner is to be believed, perhaps now millions have been spent clearing debts, there’s money available for the team.

I’ll be looking for the actions, not the words.

Firstly thanks to the Trust members who attended this meeting.  FTAO of Trust members who attended.  

When Lemsagam confirmed that budget would be 100% better than last season, did you ask him to clarify what this meant as in actual increase?  It would be a valid and fair question and wouldn’t compromise any confidential information but just give us fans assurances of whether we get two COGs up front next season or another Surridge and hopefully Lang

Two things did make me chuckle from the minutes -

BO (club) asked what The Trust wants from this meeting.

I can imagine him actually saying this to open the meeting and in that tone 

BO (club) explained Mr Lemsagam has invested millions to stabilise the Club after it was left in a terrible state by the previous owner. It was explained that the Club was sold with undisclosed claims, debts and liabilities totalling millions of pounds.

Wasn’t he on that board alongside SC and involved in those decisions in running the club?

Genuine question - was BO’s arms firmly folded when he spoke?  Body language speaks a million words.....

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I wouldn’t take the 100% literally, I think it just means it will be improved on last season. If the owner is to be believed, perhaps now millions have been spent clearing debts, there’s money available for the team.

I’ll be looking for the actions, not the words.

What’s his income stream? Anyone know? Surely it’s a bucket that gets emptied and emptier

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Good update from the Trust - thank you.

Just a pity about the glaring ambiguity regarding the "100% better" budget. Reads to me like it's layman's terms for "much better" rather than an actual doubling of the budget. Clarification (in due course) would be welcome.

Was reading it this was also...he would have said double the budget otherwise 

plus how the hell is Barry Owen on the board slating the past ownership leaving us millions in debt?? Didn’t he used to be so far up Corneys arse and never suggested otherwise during his time as head of trust and on the board previously??? How can he be trusted when he didn’t have a clue the last ownership left us saddled with financial burden!

13 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Doesn’t matter what is said, people here will shit on it.  That is probably justified... but I am a bit bored of reading the same old lazy insults and easy sarcastic hits. 

Rightly... the only proof will be the actual action and outcomes. 

As has been proved in the last two seasons.

11 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Firstly thanks to the Trust members who attended this meeting.  FTAO of Trust members who attended.  

When Lemsagam confirmed that budget would be 100% better than last season, did you ask him to clarify what this meant as in actual increase?  It would be a valid and fair question and wouldn’t compromise any confidential information but just give us fans assurances of whether we get two COGs up front next season or another Surridge and hopefully Lang

BO (club) explained Mr Lemsagam has invested millions to stabilise the Club after it was left in a terrible state by the previous owner. It was explained that the Club was sold with undisclosed claims, debts and liabilities totalling millions of pounds.

Wasn’t he on that board alongside SC and involved in those decisions in running the club?

Genuine question - was BO’s arms firmly folded when he spoke?  Body language speaks a million words.....

If Barry Owen did open  the meeting along those lines my retort would of been along the lines of....

'Oh hello you self serving cunt, what are you doing here? I thought you'd be away getting your feathers in order for your latest nest'.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Midsblue said:

This is what worries be about BO 

19 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Last time. It is an invitation to be privy to information that is not in the public domain and that the owner has no obligation to put in the public domain. That's it. There is no compulsion and nothing sinister about it. If the owner wanted to be totally secretive he simply wouldn't make the offer in the first place. Please just accept that you don't know about NDA's; there's no shame in it. 

As stated in your previous post to me 'Last time', you obviously won't be replying to this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/non-disclosure-agreements-everything-need-know-ndas-misuse/

One quote sums up what I'm on about.

'But companies soon realised NDAs could be deployed in employment disputes to settle claims with departing staff rather than risk having their “dirty laundry” aired in public at a tribunal'..

Edited by BP1960

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As stated in your previous post to me 'Last time', you obviously won't be replying to this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/non-disclosure-agreements-everything-need-know-ndas-misuse/

'But companies soon realised NDAs could be deployed in employment disputes to settle claims with departing staff rather than risk having their “dirty laundry” aired in public at a tribunal'..

Yeah, great. 

Anyhow. Again... 

NDA’s are not imposed and need to be agreed by both parties... which is what you keep missing.

NDA’s are not in themselves unusual or necessarily used in a negative way. The VAST majority aren’t used that way. 

39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

give up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Letter from Darren to trust on Trust site.  Unfortunately can’t read it as it’s been added with the right half of the page missing. (Well, missing on my phone anyway)

https://trustoldham.co.uk/letter-from-darren-ratcliffe-to-trust-oldham/

Hi Tracy 
I have been reflecting upon the challenging role that I have been given the opportunity to undertake on 
behalf of Trust Oldham, and I have thought long and hard about the relationship that Oldham Athletic 
Supporters have with us. I want that relationship to be universally supported by all fans - as naive as that 
may sound! 
From the feedback I have had speaking to fans at the ground and on social media, I believe in the spirit of 
engendering good faith between the trust and the fans, making my intentions clear. 
I will serve two years in this position before considering if I will seek re-election in my position in Trust, and 
therefore that of the fan-elected representative to the board of the club. This will allow our members to 
have a clear say in how successful they feel I am being, and also give people with fresh ideas a chance to 
apply for the position in line with our constitution. 
Furthermore, it is my promise to the Trust that I will not undertake ANY position with the football club 
directly within six moths of holding an official position with the Trust. This will help reduce any potential for 
conflict of interest in the role. 
To be clear, this is not a comment on people who have held the position in the past - it is purely a statement 
of my own intent in serving the Trust in the most open and transparent manner that I can. 
Enough of this, we have hard work to do!! 
Best Regards 
Darren
Director, Trust Oldham