Pete Wild

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Frankie Bunn navigated the loan market excellently last summer and we have a lot to thank him for regardless of the nonsense that’s posted on here about his tenure. The Dull out brigade need to ask themselves how much lower we’d be without the likes of Iversen, Lang and Surridge.

You’d imagine after Abdallah’s response to the Trust letter that there’ll be further cuts in the playing budget so it’s gonna take a miracle transfer window even for Sir Lord Peter Wild to have us up there. Very tough gig next season imo and I can understand why he’d rather go back to coaching the youths.

FIFY

8 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Frankie Bunn also brought in some of the worst permanent contracted players I have seen over the last few years. Coke for starters. 

Can’t remember a Latics gaffer who hasn’t brought in multiple duffers, that’s more a reflection of our budget 

There’s an oft quoted theory that only former players have credibility as a manager/coach. But am I right in thinking that PW never played professionally?

I certainly don’t think it’s a problem but would some players do so?

9 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

There’s an oft quoted theory that only former players have credibility as a manager/coach. But am I right in thinking that PW never played professionally?

The only one that I can think of that comes close is Mark Warburton who played non-league. 

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Don't think its a problem nowadays as the game is more technically minded.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

The only one that I can think of that comes close is Mark Warburton who played non-league. 

Danny Cowley of Lincoln has never played league football and not done bad.

Very well educated, has a batchelor's degree.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-cowley-keen-unearth-more-2811477

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Mourinho

Villas-Boas

Brendan Rogers he had a pro contract with Reading but never played 

Avram Grant

Only lower leagues would inlclude

Paul Clements

Roy Hodgson

And Ron Noades if we go full on Lemsagam. 

Strange going ons... I could understand him not being offered manager role.but not going back to his youth job very strange..Abdullah must see missing out on playoffs a major setback yet one he created 

Resigned before being put back down to youth? He wasn’t getting the manager job for next season was he?  Those last three results really didn’t help his cause with a trigger happy owner unfortunately.  Shame, but not unexpected. Only 45% of OWTB in the poll wanted him to get the job, which surprised me a little. 

He should at least have stayed on with the academy. Can only assume this is another example of AL making the necessary movements before getting MO in charge. 

The prick.

Yeh...just get some other fucker in for a couple of months and then sack him. There is absolutely no chance of this club moving forward with this 🤡 in charge.

I think he’s a fucking mental case!

Archived