The White Hart

Guest oa exile

No No No No..... theres Lionel, and then the young lad (about 18 ish) ... with a mini afro, who always looks confused, and no matter what you order, has to take 20 minutes finding a clean glass....

They are 2 seperate people! (have a feeling Jackson 5 may be lionels son...) :blink:

I have only ever seen lionel

and the big guy who looks like he could be either a darts player or a english wrestler or some sportsman

Guest oa_exile
Email SB or SC at the Club and tell them what the failings of the Clayton Arms were under the Lees regime (apart from the beer tasting like piss). They'll be glad to know of any ideas to help to make more money.

Reminded me of the Specials and the track >>Nite Klub<< .......sing along everyone :dance:

Is this the in place to be?

What am I doing here?

Watching the girls go by

Spending money on...

Sleep all day

It's the only way

I'm a parasite

I creep about at night

Nite Klub, is this the in place to be?

Nite Klub, what am I doing here?

Nite Klub, watching the girls go by

Spending money on...

Hey, hey, I don't work

Cos I don't have to

I don't have to work

There's no work to do

Nite Klub,

I'm a member of the Nite Klub

Nite Klub,

A fully paid up member of the Nite Klub

I won't dance in a club like this

All the girls are slags

and the beer tastes just like piss

I'm a parasite

I creep about at night

Yes I'm a member of the Nite Klub

A fully paid up member of the Nite Klub

Nite Klub, is this the in place to be?

Nite Klub, what am I doing here?

Nite Klub, watching the girls go by

Spending money on beer!

I'd happily swap pubs if it meant the club taking my cash rather than some Red or City fan.

Get it sorted TTA. They'd make a fortune when word got round. Open about 12 :grin: and close whenever.

Get a few screens up showing football, enough staff, some decent beers and bingo, we're making money.

No No No No..... theres Lionel, and then the young lad (about 18 ish) ... with a mini afro, who always looks confused, and no matter what you order, has to take 20 minutes finding a clean glass....

They are 2 seperate people! (have a feeling Jackson 5 may be lionels son...) :blink:

Just to let you jacko and Lionel fans know...Firstly they are def not related and secondly....i have it on v good authority( :disguise: ) that these two will in fact be working with the old clayton gaffer down at Rochdale fc's version of the clayton arms..the radcliffe arms and it could very well be possible that they will be behind the bar when the mighty tics travel across the 627m in the rose bowl trophy!!! (though the bar is much bigger (ibelieve!) and you are likely to be served a lot quicker!!! :security:

I was in the White Hart, pretty much 4 days a week up until Chris left, playing pool and what not. He told me he was going to have a word with the new landlord about what he wants it to stay like on matchdays, or he'll be back to have words.

I havent been in since he left. The new landlord apparantly doesnt like football on the same level that Chris does and I dont think would have any doubt in his mind about who's pub it is on matchdays - especially given how it'll be heaving as per usual i'd expect.

I'm up that way at the weekend so will gladly do an undercover mission? Anyone wanting to fund my booze fund is more than free to chip in. :exile:

I'll give it a go at the Swansea game either way. See how it is or if it's changed before switching. It'd make more sense for me to go in the Greyhound as it's only around the corner from where i'm living now.

Hopefully the tap's have improved as the lager was indeed pretty poor when compared to other local establishments - mainly the one Punkster has banned everyone for. *I guess this means he knows i've been in since.* - Cant help it Johnny mate, Rockin Ronnie was on

I'm an outsider to Oldham, although I do have family that live inbetween the White Hart and the other place, but I started going in the White Hart towards the end of last season and thought it was great to have a Latics stronghold pub, before that it was the Clayton Green which I found more neutral but a nice boozer so we'll probably still make the odd visit before games

Anyone who went into the pub in Leyton will know what a pre match pint should be like. Big section of the pub for the match on Big screen with pool tables. About 6-8 bar maids serving at the bar with no queue whatsoever, hundreds of Latics fans drinking and singing ready for the match. No segregation from away fans as we love the banter as well. It all depends on if they plan on opening it up though...

I was in last night, before stumbling out and getting drowned in the monsoon weather Oldham suffered last night. Particularly in Royton it seemed.

Punkster will be happy to know that the meeting point for last night's drinking session in Royton. The Old Grey Mare, was absolutely dead. Bar a few student types from down south who didnt really enjoy the 'they're not local' type stares they got from the few bod's in the pub. Not even Rockin Ronnie could bring in the punters, so we didnt stay there long.

Walked down to the White Hart - getting soaked on the way. Not an awful lot to report on either way. Still the same pub, more or less the usual recognisable bar staff. The alcohol has improved - that from the taps at least.

The one instantly recognisable feature is that all the 'tics memorbillia on the walls is no longer there and has been changed with signs about food being served from the 23rd of this month and how the pub's under new management and wants it into a proper local pub, blah, blah, blah. Oh - that and signs about 'rules' after 7pm on Friday's and Saturdays. No trackies, hats, or something else. I cant remember the 3rd thing as I was too tipsy playing some girls pool to actually read them properly.

The Landlord. He seems alright - there was quite a few Latics I recognised in who were chatting away to him and he seems a decent enough bloke. Lanky with glasses and I dont think he's the type to go and change a pub like that from being a Latics pub.

The little tele up by the gents toilets in the pool room has gone. As has the big screen in there which has been replaced by a Bandit and a Jukebox which wasnt plugged in.

Didnt really go in the main room but dont think it had the big screen in. I'll pop in again sometime over the next week - or maybe even tomorrow and have a soberish look around. :grin: For the record. We let the girls win at pool. :shock:

. Oh - that and signs about 'rules' after 7pm on Friday's and Saturdays. No trackies, hats, or something else.

After 7pm on a saturday,that rule will be changed next month

Was there a falling asleep on/under the table rule :D

• 4 weeks later...

just to update eveyone concerned about the white hart and change of landlord.

business as usual !!!

been in a few times since mark took over-same old faces,barstaff..and in my opinion,the beer is nicer!!!

when latics played sheff wed last week,he was walking around with a latics polo shirt on...and went to the game..

he thinks davies is the dogs :censored: !!

only thing missing is the great pictures chris had on the wall..

so,c'mon..pay a visit pre/post game on saturday,give mark a warm welcome and keep dragging in down sheepfoot lane...theres still enough time to wash that dirty red out of him!!!

just to update eveyone concerned about the white hart and change of landlord.

business as usual !!!

been in a few times since mark took over-same old faces,barstaff..and in my opinion,the beer is nicer!!!

when latics played sheff wed last week,he was walking around with a latics polo shirt on...and went to the game..

he thinks davies is the dogs :censored: !!

only thing missing is the great pictures chris had on the wall..

so,c'mon..pay a visit pre/post game on saturday,give mark a warm welcome and keep dragging in down sheepfoot lane...theres still enough time to wash that dirty red out of him!!!

Aye, he's alright. A few lads I know say he's a dirty red and that there not going in. I've tried telling them that he's alright, but they wont listen.

The tap lager is indeed a hell of alot nicer.

He's actually a decent bloke. Has always any time i've been in, made the effort to talk to people. He knows me now as, "the lad who potted the black off the break" - when his mate challenged me after i'd stayed on the table for about 5 games straight :blink::unsure: He's probably still laughing about it :angry:

I wont be in there saturday. Clayton Green on saturday, but back in the White Hart as per usual all the others this season.

Come kick off time I will be swaying and about to jump around like a lunatic - unfortunately I will also be in Blackpool (sorry for swearing) for da punk fest. Will really miss the big kick off but will have to console myself by getting deafened, punched,studded, kicked and p1ssed as a newt. Will make sure find a Boozer with soccer Satdi on as well to keep up with the boys in blue. Please make sure everyone makes loads and loads of noiz in my absynthe!

Went in the Clayton Green. Absolute murder to get served, with the 3 bar staff on there own for ages. Dont know if it was the plastic containers but the lager wasnt much cop. Decent beer garden though.

Greyhound after the game. The lager = Oh dear.

Both places charging £2.60+ for a pint. :disappointed:

WHITE HART DOO!