Squad movements, summer 2019

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is impossible to predict what is going to happen.  I suspect that the motivation for Marco will be primarily how much money he can cream off for the agency.  So every out or in involving a fee will be undisclosed.  50p for OAFC and £kxxx for the agent so don't pin any hopes on improving the squad from sales.

15 minutes ago, Hands on said:

It is impossible to predict what is going to happen.  I suspect that the motivation for Marco will be primarily how much money he can cream off for the agency.  So every out or in involving a fee will be undisclosed.  50p for OAFC and £kxxx for the agent so don't pin any hopes on improving the squad from sales.

Nobody dies the maths with this one do they. 

Give me a scenario where he makes a profit for "the agency"

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nobody dies the maths with this one do they. 

Give me a scenario where he makes a profit for "the agency"

Take this player and there's 20 grand in it for you, take another one and we'll make it 50.

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Either the club makes a profit and your scenario works. Or...AL could get a backhander then have to use said backhander to cover the wage of the player's wage anyway

He's not paying the wages, ticket sales and solidarity payments are, that's why we keep ending up being under embargo come November.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

He's not paying the wages, ticket sales and solidarity payments are, that's why we keep ending up being under embargo come November.

The wages get paid. So you're saying AL doesn't need to spend a penny of his own cash to make up any shortfalls?

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The wages get paid. So you're saying AL doesn't need to spend a penny of his own cash to make up any shortfalls?

Sure he has had to plug the odd gap, doesn't detract from the scenario.

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Who says he's the one making the money? It's a very murky world out there...

I'd want some pretty strong evidence before I'd believe that anyone is making money out of this shitshow.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd want some pretty strong evidence before I'd believe that anyone is making money out of this shitshow.

Not suggesting it will be fortunes but someone somewhere will be on the make out of it.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Not suggesting it will be fortunes but someone somewhere will be on the make out of it.

If I was wanting to make not fortunes I'd find easier options than this

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

I think he himself wants to be a club owner and Corney probably told him he could do it without spending much of his own money.

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Football clubs are one of the easy ways of money laundering. Apparently*

*Not suggesting it’s happening at Latics. 

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

Football clubs are one of the easy ways of money laundering. Apparently*

*Not suggesting it’s happening at Latics. 

Probably true (and obviously not suggesting it's happening at Latics as if I suspected as much I would be duty bound given what I do for a living to formally report to the authorities).  Generally reckoned that a successful money launderer would see a return of around 60% of value as apparently clean and usable funds to be a reasonable price for cleanliness.

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Probably true (and obviously not suggesting it's happening at Latics as if I suspected as much I would be duty bound given what I do for a living to formally report to the authorities).  Generally reckoned that a successful money launderer would see a return of around 60% of value as apparently clean and usable funds to be a reasonable price for cleanliness.

Exactly. People question why they would do it with a club like Latics as there’s not much money in it. Take Maouche and Vera. *Supposedly* on £4k and £6k respectively is £520k per year basic before signing on bonuses and other perks. That’s £312k of clean money for just 2 players with them making £83k and £125k per year out of it. Again, all hypothetical. 

Archived