Squad movements, summer 2019

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Only players good enough are Wheater and Smith. Christ, we really are shit. Also Dinos a shit manager tactically, so we are lucky. 

I think that's a bit harsh on some players and I'm increasingly less convinced that Wheater is up to the standard we need him to be.

He's plenty good enough for League 2 but we need him to be good enough for League 2 while guiding the inexperienced defenders to the standard we need as a collective defensive unit. I don't think he is doing that to the standard we need. 

Wonder if Swaby Neavin and Harry Robinson will be first team contenders when recalled?

Any reports on how they have been doing?

Why has Nepo been scrubbed, thought he was on loan until January?

Also hasn't  Dolan's contract had been terminated?

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Wonder if Swaby Neavin and Harry Robinson will be first team contenders when recalled?

Any reports on how they have been doing?

Why has Nepo been scrubbed, thought he was on loan until January?

Also hasn't  Dolan's contract had been terminated?

Nepo is on loan until jan u are correct. Dino sitting down with him when he gets back

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Seems he's doing ok and well worth a recall.

Although his loan has been relatively successful (7 out of 10 every game from a Radcliffe supporter), to bring him back and throw him straight in, I don't believe is the answer. The idea of playing on loan is to get experience but he's not 1 or 2 levels below us, he's 3 divisions lower. 

The answer might be to bring him back and try to get him out to a National League or National League North side and see how he does second half of the season. Then come pre-season, you can look at him once more.

4 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Although his loan has been relatively successful (7 out of 10 every game from a Radcliffe supporter), to bring him back and throw him straight in, I don't believe is the answer. The idea of playing on loan is to get experience but he's not 1 or 2 levels below us, he's 3 divisions lower. 

The answer might be to bring him back and try to get him out to a National League or National League North side and see how he does second half of the season. Then come pre-season, you can look at him once more.

Maybe, but he's  already had first team experience here.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe, but he's  already had first team experience here.

He has but only minimal. Given the games we have coming up until Jan, if we're still in touching distance 6-8 points to the relegation zone then this, in my opinion would be a gamble.

If we pull away and head firmly into mid-table, no qualms but feel a loan higher up the National League pyramid would benefit him before being ready for pre-season next year.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, philsalt said:

Anyone know what’s happened to Missilou? He’s been MIA recently and his once overly active Instagram profile has been erased of all posts. 

He's off feeding the world, letting them know it's Chris Miss time.

Looking at the squad list, it's interesting that the only players we have contracted past June are Woods, Iacovitti, Hamer, Fage and Kokos.  Hamer is an asset for the next couple of years and while none of the others have set the world alight, they haven't been so bad that we need to get rid ASAP.  Even Iacovitti hasn't been a disaster in my opinion.

I can't see the us challenging for anything at the top of the league regardless of additions, but I think it would take something disastrous from here to get us relegated (don't take that as a challenge AL, Mo and Barry).  The only position that is very important for us to fix is up front, I'd like to see Nepo given a go at left back before we go searching for another one.  I'd have no problem if we added a couple extra and let go a couple too, but the rest of the squad by and large should be good enough for Dino to work with until the end of the season and then see who's worth keeping from then.  Making sure the key players in the current team don't leave in January (i.e. Wheater, McCann and Smith) is the priority for the transfer window.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Looking at the squad list, it's interesting that the only players we have contracted past June are Woods, Iacovitti, Hamer, Fage and Kokos.  Hamer is an asset for the next couple of years and while none of the others have set the world alight, they haven't been so bad that we need to get rid ASAP.  Even Iacovitti hasn't been a disaster in my opinion.

I can't see the us challenging for anything at the top of the league regardless of additions, but I think it would take something disastrous from here to get us relegated (don't take that as a challenge AL, Mo and Barry).  The only position that is very important for us to fix is up front, I'd like to see Nepo given a go at left back before we go searching for another one.  I'd have no problem if we added a couple extra and let go a couple too, but the rest of the squad by and large should be good enough for Dino to work with until the end of the season and then see who's worth keeping from then.  Making sure the key players in the current team don't leave in January (i.e. Wheater, McCann and Smith) is the priority for the transfer window.

Iacovitti is terrible, another goal combing from the left side yesterday. Nep much better player. 

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Iacovitti is terrible, another goal combing from the left side yesterday. Nep much better player. 

Whilst agreeing he's no world beater I've noticed slight improvement in his play recently and he does have a good team attitude compared with some team mates.

He took one in the nads on Saturday and recovered to concede a corner ( imagine Maoche doing that ? - no neither can I ! ).

34 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Nepo isn't welcome back bc he had the sheer audacity of wanting to play for his country!!!!

It would be a sign of humility not yet seen in our regime were he ever to pull on s Latics shirt again.

i think your going to be surprised regards Nepo.. 

Archived