Final League Tables 04.05.2019

The final game of the season didn't really do anyone any favours as the tables below show. Not that it made any difference to the tables, but @aidan_latics and @Macca both posted at 14:51, so their predictions don't count.

How It Ended

Premier League 

Champion: @Ex_pat :first:

Runner up: @lookersstandandy :applause1:

Relegated: @rosa, @singe, @GravityGrave :cry:

Championship

Champion: @Benja :first:

Also Promoted: @youngen :applause1:

Play offs: @HarryBosch v @LaticsPete and @yarddog73 v @aidan_latics :chubb:

Relegated: @josh_latics, @daniel and @Ak's11 :cry:

(plus @Stevie_J and @GlossopLatic if we have enough for a League 2 next season) :thumbsdown:

League 1

Champion: @south east latic :first:

Also Promoted: @Dave_Og :applause1:

Play offs: @maddog v @Nohairdontcare and @al_bro v @mick26 :chubb:

Relegated: @Brisbaneblue, @Kusunga_Is_God and @oafcprozac :thumbsdown:

The Individual Awards

Most correct predictions

Result (W,L,D): @Ex_pat (25)

Half Time Scores: @south east latic (18)

Full Time Scores: @Benja (9)

Latics Goals: @Benja and @aidan_latics (17)

Opposition Goals: @pjkent (22)

First Latics Scorer: @milnrow latics, @rosa, @LaticsPete and @Monty Burns (9)

Most Total Attendance Points: @youngen (52)

Premier League

wrld0d7.jpg?1

qmW5teo.jpg?1

Championship

S6PwYbM.jpg?1

XQsYVHc.jpg?1

League 1

LIEJ71I.jpg?1

CtLMnJn.jpg?1

zOmYBB6.jpg?1

It's been the best season ever for numbers of players, even though some fell by the wayside at various points. The money raised is used to good effect, so that can be boosted further by having enough players next season to have a League 2. I'm going to put my feet up for three months now, unless @Stevie_J is sulking over his potential relegation :lol:and makes me do the play offs :ranting:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Excellent news, clung on by the skin of my teeth. All thanks to a spot on attendance prediction. Can challenge relegation battles in the big time next year. As I feel so lucky, I will donate the winnings, less my next years entry fee, back to OWTB please. Great work Bristol and Stevie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, youngen said:

Excellent news, clung on by the skin of my teeth. All thanks to a spot on attendance prediction. Can challenge relegation battles in the big time next year. As I feel so lucky, I will donate the winnings, less my next years entry fee, back to OWTB please. Great work Bristol and Stevie

The purists claim an exact attendance is no more than luck.

Welcome to the exclusive club of having got one without cheating though... 👍

• Like 1

I've just discovered that @a259 has been locked out of his OWTB account since the Cheltenham game due to too many failed login attempts.  He had sent me a note, via PayPal, with his Cheltenham prediction which would have bagged him 3 points and seen him into second place in the Premier League at that point.  What might have been...?

@Ex_pat, @lookersstandandy, you don't anything about this, do you?

17 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

I've just discovered that @a259 has been locked out of his OWTB account since the Cheltenham game due to too many failed login attempts.  He had sent me a note, via PayPal, with his Cheltenham prediction which would have bagged him 3 points and seen him into second place in the Premier League at that point.  What might have been...?

I did wonder why he didn't predict for the last few games.... that'll learn him, to make sure he stays logged in.

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

That's rough luck on @a259. We'll never know whether he would have amassed the other 10 points to draw level with @lookersstandandy. At least he didn't "do a Bolton" by refusing to play.

I would like to thank the other 56 predictors for making this prediction season happen.

I like many of us have had my ups and downs. But I am very happy to have won the Premier League (again).

I special mention to @south east latic for accumulating the highest number of points for the season.

Comiserations to @lookersstandandy who put the wind up me late on in the season. I would like to think my experience in those types of situation saw me through.

Well done @mick26 for winning the cup. This is a competition I covet but perform badly.

A special mention to @Bristolatic and @Stevie_J for well organised competitions.

Stevie, I am going to try and reject the payment as I would prefer the money to be used in the following way.

1) pay my entry for next year.

2) 50% of the remainder to go to OWTB

3) 50% of the remainder to go to @Bristolatic charity.

I will PM you if I am successful. If not I will find another way to get it back to you.

Thanks

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ex_pat said:

I would like to thank the other 56 predictors for making this prediction season happen.

I like many of us have had my ups and downs. But I am very happy to have won the Premier League (again).

I special mention to @south east latic for accumulating the highest number of points for the season.

Comiserations to @lookersstandandy who put the wind up me late on in the season. I would like to think my experience in those types of situation saw me through.

Well done @mick26 for winning the cup. This is a competition I covet but perform badly.

A special mention to @Bristolatic and @Stevie_J for well organised competitions.

Stevie, I am going to try and reject the payment as I would prefer the money to be used in the following way.

1) pay my entry for next year.

2) 50% of the remainder to go to OWTB

3) 50% of the remainder to go to @Bristolatic charity.

I will PM you if I am successful. If not I will find another way to get it back to you.

Thanks

@Stevie_J I second this, as per my post above 😉

I will send you the money back if that is easier for OWTB, and then just pay as usual for next years participation.

• Like 3