The Playoffs 2018/19

The Playoffs:
The playoffs will work as follows:

Players will be matched with the teams finishing in the same playoff position as them in League Two. For example, if Bury finish fourth in League Two and Notts County finish seventh, then the players finishing third and sixth in the Prediction League Championship and in League One will playoff against each other over two legs by predicting the outcome of the Bury v Notts County playoff semi-final fixtures (n.b. first scorer prediction is first scorer in the game regardless of which team). The same will apply to fifth and sixth League Two teams and the fourth and fifth place Prediction League players in the Championship and League One. The winner will be dictated by the aggregate score over the two legs. The winning players will then playoff in a final, by predicting the outcome of the League Two playoff final, the winner of which will be promoted.

The first leg predictions will be posted in a dedicated thread as usual.  Second leg predictions should be sent to me by PM and I will post them as hidden and display them after kick-off (otherwise the leader from the first leg could mimic their opponent's second leg predictions to guarantee a win).  There will be a reminder of this closer to the time.

In the event of a draw in the final, the winner will be determined by the closest attendance prediction, then by total points scored in the playoffs, then by previous attendance predictions if still level.

Playoff predictions apply to 90 mins, not extra time or penalties.

9th May - Newport v Mansfield

Championship Play Off First Leg:

@LaticsPete v @Harry Bosch

League One Play Off First Leg:

@Nohairdontcare v @maddog

10th May - Tranmere v Forest Green

Championship Play Off First Leg:

@aidan_latics v @yarddog73

League One Play Off First Leg:

@mick26 v @al_bro

12th May - Mansfield v Newport

Championship Play Off Second Leg:

HarryBosch v LaticsPete

League One Play Off Second Leg:

maddog v Nohairdontcare

13th May - Forest Green v Tranmere

Championship Play Off Second Leg:

yarddog73 v aidan_latics

League One Play Off Second Leg:

al_bro v mick26

25th May - Play-off Final

Post your first leg predictions in this thread.  Second leg predictions can be sent to me by PM.

Predictions in usual format (e.g. Newport 1-1 Mansfield (0-0) - Walker - 4,001) and first scorer prediction is for first scorer in the match, not team specific.  Predictions to be submitted at least ten minutes before the stated kick-off time.

Any questions, just shout.  Cheers. :chubb:

19 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Newport 1-1 Mansfield (HT 0-0) 

Tyler Andrew

Att 7850 

You’ve gone early Harry. Trying to flush out my prediction? 

Anyway I’ve heard Tyler Andrew is carrying a knock .... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

You’re looking like the 1987 Latics of the playoffs. 

😂

If I’m out before the final, at least I don’t have to be fucking about trying to work out a prediction from Las Vegas. Those grapes are a bit tart. 😬