Boundary Park buy out

49 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Hopefully now fans will see whose to blame and it should leave them in no doubt that Shez, Wellens, Scholes, Wild and Bunn despite their faults were all doomed to fail given the shitshow that goes on behind the scenes, blatant fucking liar trying to kid on it was anything different. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It was suggested that the ticket office, marketing dept etc be moved into the. North Stand to enhance the image of the club.

Pretty sure changing rooms being moved was also mentioned as well

How is all this going to be possible whilst Al owns the club? He will have to agree for it to happen, if not, are they going to try and take over the whole club??

Were these questions asked?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Where's the hotel going to go then?

tbh a diagram did go up on the screen but a didnt take much notice as it was being presented as a longer term objective.

I was still thinking through their short term objectivesv

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Where's the hotel going to go then?

I think the original plan by TTA (when the full stadium redevelopment was planned) was to build it in the corner between  the now North stand and RRE... Not sure if that's still possible or if that's still the plan.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

How is all this going to be possible whilst Al owns the club? He will have to agree for it to happen, if not, are they going to try and take over the whole club??

Aspirations

Which do make sense if the North Stand can be bought and better relations with the club owner be developed

For me, reading between the lines, to buy a stand, the land footprint of the stadium and the car park,  if all went well, its a natural objective to buy the club (but thats just my opinion) 

5 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I think the original plan by TTA (when the full stadium redevelopment was planned) was to build it in the corner between  the now North stand and RRE... Not sure if that's still possible or if that's still the plan.

Yep, that sounds like what PW said tonight 

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Aspirations

Which do make sense if the North Stand can be bought and better relations with the club owner be developed

For me, reading between the lines, to buy a stand, the land footprint of the stadium and the car park,  if all went well, its a natural objective to buy the club (but thats just my opinion) 

Don't think they will need to buy the club, probably just fall into their hands sooner rather than later...

50 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The deal to purchase what has been outlined is not conditional on the agreement of the club. 

Yes they can’t force them to use the offices, etc that are built, but regardless they will buy what they have said they will. 

The way I understood things was they have no interest in taking over the club, but are happy to support it with income of (based on their projected figures) c£500kpa 

Edited by Theoutsider

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

PW stated Little Wembley was not in the plans 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Any plans for little Wembley?

The club use it (free of charge) but it is not part of their lease.

It doesn’t form part of the purchase by the FGL 

These are my words not part of the presentation; it will have houses built on it 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1155225645812781056.html

an hour ago, 27 tweets, 9 min read  Read on Twitter

Oldham Athletic Fans Led Group Meeting Tonight. Points #oafc FLG:
1/27 FLG funded by local businessmen who are fans.
Paul Whitehead (speaking)
Simon Wood
Simon Brooke.
Others who want to remain anonymous for the time being due to business and personal reasons
2/27 #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Paul Whitehead of Holroys Construction was head of the development if the north stand and passionate about the club
3/27 #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Plan: To complete the North Stand, purchase it and the rest of ground to secure it long term. Then best use them to generate money for the football club to help sustainability
4/27 #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Price is agreed to buy Brass Bank for £7 million car park plus stadium
5/27 #OAFC FLG MEETING: Surrounding land sold being sold by Blitz to a housing builder. FLG only want to buy stadium and not surrounding land as that would incur much extra cost and loans and interest
6/27 #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Plan to build a hotel, new changing rooms and physio between Joe Royle and Jimmy Frizzle stand.
7/27 #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Already been approached by a Global brand to redevelop the main stand
8/27 #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Tried to arrange a meetings with Abdallah but so far he's refused. FLG continue to reach out to Mr Lemsagam but so far he is unwilling
9/27 #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Stadium was available for sale at same price when Abdallah bought the club, but wasn't interested
10/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING:
What's to stop the owner buying the stadium for the same deal? 
- If he can pay the 7 million without a loan and so not put the club in debt to high interest payments and show he can generate money, he can
11/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Is Simon Corney involved? No, in no way
12/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING:
What makes Gazal and Blitz want to sell?
They are desperate to be free of the hassle
13/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING:
What about Little Wembley?
The club bought that back from Oldham council, it was made clear to me that that is not part of the deal
14/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Why does the OEC operate the kiosks, pie stands?
The club has the option to take them back, we actually operate then at a loss
15/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING:
Why did FLG get involved? 
Every month you hear reports of players not being paid, bills not being paid, we want it to be properly run so we can just watch the matches and not worry about the clubs future
16/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
Ultimately the whole club to be run as one whether that is with the current owner or someone else.
17/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
What's Next? Final details put together and shares available by end of year, then owned by fans, there will be a mechanism in place so one person (or Abdallah & his brother) can't buy a majority.
18/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
Development planning is already in place with Oldham Council. Hotel was given permission in 2009
19/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
What stops Abdallah taking the club somewhere else? We've already spoken to the Football League and they are very unlikely to grant this club to be moved elsewhere whilst the the tenor of the stadium is secure, so a Coventry won't happen
20/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
What's to stop Abdallah closing the North Stand all season?
He can do but it doesn't effect us as we don't make a penny on it, all the money goes to the club
21/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
Over a 1000 season tickets sold in North stand, we've had no indication as yet from the club that it will be open
22/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
The club set the prices for hundred club, boxes and matchday hospitality we don't have a say in that.
23/32 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
What if the club refuses to talk the FLG?
That's their choice if they don't want an extra £500K a year generated income
24/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: 
Out of this deal every single penny goes to the club. I [Paul Whitehead] am putting money into it, but I'm not getting anything out of this. I will be a shareholder but won't take a salary or a penny in dividends
25/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING: The club has not owned the land since 1999 when it was sold to Oldham council. Brass Bank bought it in 2004. JW Lees sold it to council, Chris Moore came in and thought about buying it back but never did
26/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING:
The Clayton Arms area where the new houses are now, was never sold to the club, the brewery sold it to a London housing company
27/27 Q&A #OAFC FLG MEETING:
A positive meeting. Unrelated point: The OEC looks an excellent facility and I thought the staff working there tonight were top class! (had to add another point up to make 27, but worth saying 😉 )

• Like 1

Load of face-saving shite that from Pete Wild. He already said on Radio Manchester that they never interfered once in his 2nd stint as manager. 

Simply put, the club model for player recruitment changed for next season meaning all OAFC wanted was just a Head Coach. And Pete Wild wanted to be more than that. Sad that he won’t admit that and pushes the interference crap he said had stopped happening. No wonder the FLG got him in 🙄

It is not a “load of face saving-shite” He did admit it. Wanted it to be a Pete Wild team, but knew it wouldn’t be due to the model the Club wants to operate. 

He also said (again if on BBC Radio Manchester) that in his second caretaker stint he insisted that things were different and to be fair,  they were.

Wasn’t critical of AL or the club at all, neither were the FLG

Edited by Theoutsider

12 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

It is not a “load of face saving-shite” He did admit it. Wanted it to be a Pete Wild team, but knew it wouldn’t be due to the model the Club wants to operate. 

He also said (again if on BBC Radio Manchester) that in his second caretaker stint he insisted that things were different and to be fair,  they were.

Wasn’t critical of AL or the club at all, neither were the FLG

If that is true, then...

1) This from Kevin Williams reporting on the FLG event is putting words in his mouth to shit stir:

1/4 Why he refused the manager job: I felt it wouldn't be a Pete Wild team. The chairman is recruiting his own players and telling me who he wants to play”

2) Folk can stop saying Pete Wild left because of the interfering. But they won’t...

As much as I dislike the way AL is going about things, this FLG aren't going to help matters.

They are clearly at odds with AL and don't want him in charge of the club.

Can't see AL backing down.

Nobody wins here. Not the club and certainly not the fans.

50 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Load of face-saving shite that from Pete Wild. He already said on Radio Manchester that they never interfered once in his 2nd stint as manager. 

Simply put, the club model for player recruitment changed for next season meaning all OAFC wanted was just a Head Coach. And Pete Wild wanted to be more than that. Sad that he won’t admit that and pushes the interference crap he said had stopped happening. No wonder the FLG got him in 🙄

😂😂😂

While he was manager, he towed the party line. That’s a massive shock . . 🙄

Now he’s basically a fan again, he says it as it is. 

Why on earth you would dig Pete Wild’s integrity out is beyond me.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Honesty think things might be different if it was just Abdallah.

I take your point.

I do get a similar feeling, that somehow Mo convinced him to take it on. It was said that Clarke didn’t have a big problem with AL it was mo who was the issue. Then you watch Banide’s presser, and mo is lauding it like some wannabe gangster. That being said AL has still got enough shit on his shoes to make me think he wouldn’t last much longer without his brother. Which was kind of my point, wether it’s either brother is moot in the grand scheme of things, the team/club is fucked under either of them two. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

While he was manager, he towed the party line. That’s a massive shock . . 🙄

Now he’s basically a fan again, he says it as it is. 

Why on earth you would dig Pete Wild’s integrity out is beyond me.  

He said it on the radio AFTER he had left the club. On Mike Minays six-o-six show. No party line to tow. Telling it how it is. A shame really coz he did a cracking job in his short stints.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

As much as I dislike the way AL is going about things, this FLG aren't going to help matters.

They are clearly at odds with AL and don't want him in charge of the club.

Can't see AL backing down.

Nobody wins here. Not the club and certainly not the fans.

Indeed. They have an agenda 😉

And to think that this FLG Show is being ran by someone who got into bed with Corney & so far up shit creek that he ended up needing to sell his business to him (one which Corney then bumped in the end.) Bright future 😳